Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paloschi looking good! 13:37 - Feb 7 with 1514 viewsJamesJack

Not sure how everyone else feels, but I'm quite pleased with our new striker so far! Puts in a shift and a half. Even came back on occasions to help out (successfully) in defence to win the ball back.

He seems very enthusiastic and hard working. I know it's only a game and a half we've seen of him, but he definitely seems an upgrade on Gomis. When Gomis came on the last 5 mins yesterday, it was frustrating to watch. The guy barely moved! Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh, but Paloschi definitely seems the better and hungrier of the 2 from what we've seen so far.

I think he and Siggy will enjoy a fruitful partnership once they learn to play together.

What are your thoughts on Paloschi so far?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 13:39]
Paloschi looking good! on 13:40 - Feb 7 with 1495 viewsraynor94

There's a three page thread running on this subject, a few posts below

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paloschi looking good! on 14:25 - Feb 7 with 1371 viewsexiledclaseboy

Early days for him. Started well yesterday but faded badly.

Poll: Tory leader

Paloschi looking good! on 14:47 - Feb 7 with 1264 viewsjackjackjackjack

He maybe very good at running around, but his job is scoring goals, let's hope he starts knocking a few in soon.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Paloschi looking good! on 15:00 - Feb 7 with 1216 viewsAyewSerious

Paloschi looking good! on 14:47 - Feb 7 by jackjackjackjack

He maybe very good at running around, but his job is scoring goals, let's hope he starts knocking a few in soon.

Im not sure it is his job to be honest. A lone strikers job is to hold the ball up to ensure the rest of the team have a chance to move up the field and attack, scoring goals is just a part of his job. As a modest goalscorer in his career so far, i highly doubt he was brought in to be prolific. His addition should see more goals coming from elsewhere now as opposed to him bringing them himself.

Someone like Bony came with a staggering goalscoring record and thus was the best part of double the cost. Goal scoring lone strikers are at a premium and very rare at our level.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 15:01]
Paloschi looking good! on 15:04 - Feb 7 with 1193 viewsHighjack

He's definitely got a touch of the Bauzas about him.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Paloschi looking good! on 17:05 - Feb 7 with 1028 viewsjack247

Paloschi looking good! on 15:00 - Feb 7 by AyewSerious

Im not sure it is his job to be honest. A lone strikers job is to hold the ball up to ensure the rest of the team have a chance to move up the field and attack, scoring goals is just a part of his job. As a modest goalscorer in his career so far, i highly doubt he was brought in to be prolific. His addition should see more goals coming from elsewhere now as opposed to him bringing them himself.

Someone like Bony came with a staggering goalscoring record and thus was the best part of double the cost. Goal scoring lone strikers are at a premium and very rare at our level.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 15:01]

Absolutely. If he doesn't score any, but Gylfi, Ayew and whoever else score a good few more goals as a result of his link up play, I'll be happy enough. Signs are certainly there that we will at least create more chances.

We were in desperate need of a striker, but we were never going to get a prolific goalscorer in January, within our budget, fitting our style of play who would have been happy to come to a relegation threatened team.
Paloschi looking good! on 17:09 - Feb 7 with 1010 viewsjack247

I'm not Gomis' biggest fan, but in fairness, it was always going to be difficult for him coming on at the end of the game trying to slot in to a team who weren't playing to his strengths. I think it was just a case of stick him on for the last few minutes and see if he can get on the end of something, particularly with Barrow having a bit of joy down the right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024