Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two shocking penalties yesterday 08:48 - Feb 15 with 2043 viewsPegojack

Watching MOTD, it was glaringly apparent again what a disproportionate influence bad reffing decisions are having on the league this season.

Vardy's penalty was a blatant dive for me, and the only outcome should have been a yellow card for simulation. He deliberately drew his trailing leg across the Arsenal defender's right leg, which incidentally wasn't even stuck out at the time, he'd pulled it back in towards his body, but Vardy still managed to catch it. Martin Atkinson is one of the worst refs in the league, though, so no surprise there.

Clattenburg is usually pretty good, so I was surprised by his bad call, although I could see from the replay angle behind his head that he might have been deceived into thinking the ball hit the underside of Stirling's arm, not his side first, then his arm. Even so, how on earth could that be called deliberate, when the guy was jumping with his back to the ball and didn't even have his arms splayed out wide? Ridiculous.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 08:52 - Feb 15 with 2027 viewsNogginthenog

Something needs to be done, Taylor had a similar decision against him too. It should never be a handball without deliberate intent.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 09:02 - Feb 15 with 1992 viewsdailew

Perhaps it's time to take the subjective bit out. If it hits your arm it's a pen. Same for everyone.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 09:19 - Feb 15 with 1954 viewsJack_Kass

How did Vardy 'blatantly' dive? there was no simulation at all, Monreal brought him down in the penalty area, that's a fact, the morality of how he got into that situation is the only question. Some say clever forward play, other say naughty tomfoolery.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 9:21]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 12:50 - Feb 15 with 1746 viewsploppy

Vardy - dive.
Mahrez - dive.
Sterling - not handball.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 1721 viewsBanosswan

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 09:02 - Feb 15 by dailew

Perhaps it's time to take the subjective bit out. If it hits your arm it's a pen. Same for everyone.

You'd just have everyone shooting at people's arms.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 1718 viewsMorfa_Same

Video technology is long overdue for penalty decisions (and red cards). A few seconds to consult the replay and they'd get these decisions right in most cases. These incidents decide the course of a whole match.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 13:46 - Feb 15 with 1634 viewssully49

I watched it live on Sky and at half time Tierry Henry stated definitely a penalty, you show in rules that an attacking player has to get out the way, when there's a leg in front of him, only then I will say no. Bizarre but there it is.
The Clattenburg, arguably the best ref we have, was criminal and should be banned for 1 match.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 14:11 - Feb 15 with 1607 viewsjasper_T

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 12:56 - Feb 15 by Banosswan

Club needs to start developing some armless footballers in our academy asap.
Login to get fewer ads

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 15:06 - Feb 15 with 1572 viewssully49

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 12:57 - Feb 15 by Morfa_Same

Video technology is long overdue for penalty decisions (and red cards). A few seconds to consult the replay and they'd get these decisions right in most cases. These incidents decide the course of a whole match.

The implication of such technology needs very careful investigating, and rules of who, what, why and when. I have said the over the time we have discussion's on this site previously.
If a penalty is ruled as not a foul or whatever and the opposition go to the other end of the pitch and score do you disallow it? Who can ask for a review? In Cricket the fielding Captian or batsmen have 2, I think, has 2 reviews yet in rugby only the referee can do it, I believe the tennis have reviews as well. However, it is only done so when the game has stopped, football is somewhat different, that's why I think that it has to be handled very carefully.
For the record I'm in favour of anything that can assist the officials make the right call.
Or do you keep the status quo on which the beautiful game is based?
What does everyone else think?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 15:10 - Feb 15 with 1566 viewsjackal

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 09:19 - Feb 15 by Jack_Kass

How did Vardy 'blatantly' dive? there was no simulation at all, Monreal brought him down in the penalty area, that's a fact, the morality of how he got into that situation is the only question. Some say clever forward play, other say naughty tomfoolery.

He moved his leg sideways into Monreal and went over. But to fair to the ref it was only obvious in the slo-mo replay.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 16:31 - Feb 15 with 1504 viewsTheKirkyLife

Honestly this 'deliberate' nonsense needs to stop as do critics suggesting a far other way of 'if it hits the arm penalty'.

In my eyes this need not be complicated. If it hits the arm in an unnatural position, unless ball to hand/arm is at a distance where the player can do nothing about it, then it's a penalty. There should be no 'deliberate' element in this - your action has interfered with play so don't have your arms out like an octopus.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 17:25 - Feb 15 with 1445 viewsmonmouth

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 14:11 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

They're all already armless in front of the opponent's goal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 19:38 - Feb 15 with 1348 viewsJackFish

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 15:06 - Feb 15 by sully49

The implication of such technology needs very careful investigating, and rules of who, what, why and when. I have said the over the time we have discussion's on this site previously.
If a penalty is ruled as not a foul or whatever and the opposition go to the other end of the pitch and score do you disallow it? Who can ask for a review? In Cricket the fielding Captian or batsmen have 2, I think, has 2 reviews yet in rugby only the referee can do it, I believe the tennis have reviews as well. However, it is only done so when the game has stopped, football is somewhat different, that's why I think that it has to be handled very carefully.
For the record I'm in favour of anything that can assist the officials make the right call.
Or do you keep the status quo on which the beautiful game is based?
What does everyone else think?

I don't see any reason not to let the fourth official or whoever watch replays of a goal once it's been scored. There's usually a minute or so before the match kicks off again anyway so what would be the problem? You wouldn't necessarily have to do it for all goals either, could be based on a challenge system of some kind.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 20:11 - Feb 15 with 1297 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 14:11 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Our attack has been pretty 'armless to opposing defences all season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 20:17 - Feb 15 with 1291 viewsLeonisGod

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 12:56 - Feb 15 by Banosswan

Don't see why. they didn't used to before the rule change. If you want more consistent refereeing then the subjectivity needs to be taken out of the laws of the game. I can't see any other way.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 20:34 - Feb 15 with 1267 viewskarnataka

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 09:19 - Feb 15 by Jack_Kass

Vardy knocked the ball to Monreal's left as if to try to get passed him on the outside but instead of going in the same direction as the ball which is what you would do if you were trying to get past him, he instead went very deliberately straight ahead into Monreal so it was clear Vardy had no intention of going past Monreal and every intention of trying to win a pen.

" Some say clever forward play, other say naughty tomfoolery." You forgot some say blatantly cheating.
Two shocking penalties yesterday on 20:49 - Feb 15 with 1243 viewsHighjack

I would suggest that a very small percentage of footballers deliberately handle the ball, especially in the box. You should hardly ever get penalties for handball.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 20:53 - Feb 15 with 1236 viewsJackFish

Two shocking penalties yesterday on 20:34 - Feb 15 by karnataka

Vardy knocked the ball to Monreal's left as if to try to get passed him on the outside but instead of going in the same direction as the ball which is what you would do if you were trying to get past him, he instead went very deliberately straight ahead into Monreal so it was clear Vardy had no intention of going past Monreal and every intention of trying to win a pen.

" Some say clever forward play, other say naughty tomfoolery." You forgot some say blatantly cheating.

It was the same as knocking the ball around a defender and running straight into them when they're just standing there. Always get a free kick and a booking but it shouldn't even be a foul IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024