Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. 15:06 - Mar 20 with 2979 viewsJacandme

Now we look safe, is it worth considering taking some of these players who undoubtedly are too good for the Championship? I like the look of the following:-

Van Aanholt (Sunderland) - looks one of the better full backs in the PL and has links to our rumoured new manager Rodgers.

Gil and Ayew (Villa) - By far the best two of the bunch from Villa. Ayew probably out of our price range.

Redmond (Norwich) - Been linked before and chose Norwich instead. Looks like a typical Swansea style winger and could fit in well.

Wijnaldum (Newcastle) - Another probably out of our price range but his class is clear.

Anybody have any opinions or other players they would like to see come in from the relegation candidates?
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:13 - Mar 20 with 2949 viewsjasper_T

Wijnaldum can only play home games, worse than anonymous away.

Van Aarnholt can't defend at all.

Gil has struggled to establish himself in the worst Villa side of all time.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:18 - Mar 20 with 2930 viewsJacandme

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:13 - Mar 20 by jasper_T

Wijnaldum can only play home games, worse than anonymous away.

Van Aarnholt can't defend at all.

Gil has struggled to establish himself in the worst Villa side of all time.

We will have to agree to disagree on all counts Jasper. I think Gil and Ayew have been standout players by some distance, not sure what you mean by Gil hasn't established himself in the side however? he is one of the first names on the team sheet now isn't he? and Van Aanholt impresses me every time I see him. I can't comment on Wijnaldum's away form though, I will take your word for it. He looks class to me though, but football is a funny old game and we all see it differently.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 15:21]
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:28 - Mar 20 with 2879 viewsjasper_T

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:18 - Mar 20 by Jacandme

We will have to agree to disagree on all counts Jasper. I think Gil and Ayew have been standout players by some distance, not sure what you mean by Gil hasn't established himself in the side however? he is one of the first names on the team sheet now isn't he? and Van Aanholt impresses me every time I see him. I can't comment on Wijnaldum's away form though, I will take your word for it. He looks class to me though, but football is a funny old game and we all see it differently.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 15:21]

Gil is younger than I thought tbf, but he's only started 20 league games for them since joining last January. Two goals and no assists this season.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 2846 viewsmax936

That Newcastle player Jonjo Shelvey looked a tidy player today, might be worth a shot

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:34 - Mar 20 with 2826 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:32 - Mar 20 by max936

That Newcastle player Jonjo Shelvey looked a tidy player today, might be worth a shot

Nah, too much "pointing" for me.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:34 - Mar 20 with 2814 viewslondonlisa2001

Wasn't he useless today - did absolutely nothing. Always 5 yards away from the action.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:36 - Mar 20 with 2808 viewsmax936

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:34 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

Wasn't he useless today - did absolutely nothing. Always 5 yards away from the action.

I just thought I'd add a bit of humour to the thread Lisa,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 2795 viewslondonlisa2001

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:36 - Mar 20 by max936

I just thought I'd add a bit of humour to the thread Lisa,

Yeah - I realised that :-)
Login to get fewer ads

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 2779 viewssnork44

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:28 - Mar 20 by jasper_T

Gil is younger than I thought tbf, but he's only started 20 league games for them since joining last January. Two goals and no assists this season.

Fabio Borini would be good shout. Mitrovic, Wijnaldum for the toon. Ayew from Villa, Redmond from Norwich and could be Cabye from Palace.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 2776 viewsAussieSwan

I like the players you've suggested

Sinclair is another we might be linked with, but don't know if he'd do much better than Routs or Dyer, especially with the emergence of Barrow.

Redmond would be a great fit for us.

What do people think of Janmaat at Newcastle?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:40 - Mar 20 with 2768 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Shelvey does so much Pointing he should be a Bricklayers mate - baboom.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:44 - Mar 20 with 2741 viewsskippyjack

Well.. i'd like us to look at different options.. but given a choice..

Newcastle..

Potentially Janmaat

Sunderland..

Defoe
Lens

Norwich..

Robbie Brady
Naismith
Potentially Redmond

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:00 - Mar 20 with 2666 viewseddie71

Janmaat, Mitrovic, Townsend, Wijnaldun

Lens. Borini poss Defoe though he would be 34

Redmond, poss Ruddy
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 2612 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Redmond and wijnaldrum would be my choices. I like Brady but not sure about him defensively, think he could unbalance the team.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:15 - Mar 20 with 2591 viewspremierjack

Gueye from villa is far better than any of them mentioned from villa.

Brady or van anholt would be good for us.

1 or 2 from Newcastle would be good.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:21 - Mar 20 with 2563 viewsairedale

Some people may say, 'right between the eyes'.

Not me though.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:26 - Mar 20 with 2541 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Van Anholt looks great going forward but is poor defensively. Might suit a Guidolin three at the back formation as one of the wing backs far more than in a back four.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:27 - Mar 20 with 2537 viewsHighjack

Borini is a strange one for me, I don't think anyone has played him as a striker since he left us, he's always been stuck out wide on the wing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:29 - Mar 20 with 2528 viewsdougie

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 15:34 - Mar 20 by londonlisa2001

He basically hid. Never looked to drive the game. Happy to take the pass deep in his own half. As usual pointed a lot
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:54 - Mar 20 with 2432 viewsawayjack

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:15 - Mar 20 by premierjack

I like Gueye - been decent in a terrible Villa team. Within our budget and he'd add much needed pace to our midfield.
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:57 - Mar 20 with 2418 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Are the Toon fans loving him yet?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 17:00 - Mar 20 with 2394 viewsUplandsJack

Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 16:15 - Mar 20 by premierjack

100% agree with Gueye. A lot of clubs will be looking at that lad come the Summer.
Watched the derby earlier and tbh wasn't impressed with any out there today apart from defoe. Christ that lad is just a goal machine... Can you imagine how many more points we'd have if he was up top for us??,!!
Cherry picking from the relegation candidates. on 12:12 - Mar 21 with 1951 viewsfather_jack

ayew impressive saturday, only one who played

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024