Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game 18:18 - Mar 21 with 2062 viewsLord_Bony

"Well that was another absolutely woeful ninety minutes. Why do we bother? The players certainly don't.

Swansea were poor, very poor, yet they managed to beat us without having a single shot on target. Sums our season up. "

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=61734

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:23 - Mar 21 with 2033 viewsLeonisGod

Pah. We actually had 1 shot on target, but only needed 1 thankfully. But it was dreadful. Truly awful match.
Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:27 - Mar 21 with 2010 viewsLord_Bony

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:23 - Mar 21 by LeonisGod

Pah. We actually had 1 shot on target, but only needed 1 thankfully. But it was dreadful. Truly awful match.

Not so much a shot but a shoulder or hand or something...anyways whatever it was I m not complaining...but feck me we were lucky to get anything out of that one...poor sods..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:29 - Mar 21 with 1990 viewsdgt73

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:27 - Mar 21 by Lord_Bony

Not so much a shot but a shoulder or hand or something...anyways whatever it was I m not complaining...but feck me we were lucky to get anything out of that one...poor sods..

That's life . How many games in the past have we played well and got nothing - more than I can remember

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:34 - Mar 21 with 1962 viewsLeonisGod

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:27 - Mar 21 by Lord_Bony

Yep, although Villa deserved sod all too really. Pretty in the middle at times, but they were the definition of toothless up front. You can see why they're going down. 0-0 would have flattered both teams
Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:46 - Mar 21 with 1895 viewsjohnlangy

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:34 - Mar 21 by LeonisGod

Yep, although Villa deserved sod all too really. Pretty in the middle at times, but they were the definition of toothless up front. You can see why they're going down. 0-0 would have flattered both teams

One very big positive for Villa. I thought their support was tremendous given the season they've had.
Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:55 - Mar 21 with 1853 viewsLeonisGod

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:46 - Mar 21 by johnlangy

One very big positive for Villa. I thought their support was tremendous given the season they've had.

Yes, and bizarrely they got better after we'd scored. If only their players showed so much conviction they probably wouldn't be down there.
Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 19:07 - Mar 21 with 1793 viewskarnataka

I liked this comment:

"Worst sight of the evening was seeing our supposed defensive midfielder enforcer get out jumped by Leon Brittain who must be about 3 foot 6"
Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 19:13 - Mar 21 with 1759 viewsLord_Bony

Little Britton

Login to get fewer ads

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 20:07 - Mar 21 with 1586 viewsoldcob

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 18:46 - Mar 21 by johnlangy

You are right JL. The very time a team needs support is when they are playing badly. Encouragement can sometimes lift a player having a bit of a mare. Slating him or them never will.
Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 20:35 - Mar 21 with 1467 viewsmonmouth

The scary thing for me is that we actually set out to get a nil-nil didn't we? at home to one of the worst ever premiership teams, we went for a nil-nil. I'm still a bit shocked at that really. About time the luck turned and happily grasped, but, Jesus wept, what an attitude to have.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:04 - Mar 21 with 1375 viewsLord_Bony

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 20:35 - Mar 21 by monmouth

The scary thing for me is that we actually set out to get a nil-nil didn't we? at home to one of the worst ever premiership teams, we went for a nil-nil. I'm still a bit shocked at that really. About time the luck turned and happily grasped, but, Jesus wept, what an attitude to have.

Exactly this...at times we almost seemed nervy and scared of them almost to a point of panic in defence...totally different attitude to the Arsenal game which we took to them and won.

I still maintain we should press up front,pile in that box at more frequently and keep feeding it in...instead of this sheepish,confused passing round the midfield bollox.

Luckily for us we can turn up on occasion something they seem incapable of doing...it s a good job we re safe now but need big changes in the summer...got to get our heads right.

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:11 - Mar 21 with 1343 viewsmax936

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:04 - Mar 21 by Lord_Bony

Exactly this...at times we almost seemed nervy and scared of them almost to a point of panic in defence...totally different attitude to the Arsenal game which we took to them and won.

I still maintain we should press up front,pile in that box at more frequently and keep feeding it in...instead of this sheepish,confused passing round the midfield bollox.

Luckily for us we can turn up on occasion something they seem incapable of doing...it s a good job we re safe now but need big changes in the summer...got to get our heads right.

I'll probably get a kick in the bollox for this, but we are far more adventurous when Curt is there orchestrating things, we seem nervous and defensive with FG in position, its happened so many times there's a pattern emerging.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:14 - Mar 21 with 1334 viewsLord_Bony

We are definatley more adventurous and dangerous under Curtis.

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:18 - Mar 21 with 1310 viewsmonmouth

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:14 - Mar 21 by Lord_Bony

We are definatley more adventurous and dangerous under Curtis.

.....but WBA home was exactly like that?

I'm starting to think it's hard coded into the players.....must win, becomes must not lose, becomes zero risk, becomes constipated football. We need the managerial equivalent of Sure Shield for anyone that remembers them.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:43 - Mar 21 with 1225 viewsLord_Bony

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:18 - Mar 21 by monmouth

I'm starting to think it's hard coded into the players.....must win, becomes must not lose, becomes zero risk, becomes constipated football. We need the managerial equivalent of Sure Shield for anyone that remembers them.

We were fired up that game under AC and won...and they really put us under the cosh.

We should take a leaf out of Pulis book as I said and get in that box more ...it s the only real way of scoring dont they understand this?

What was said to the team pre match by Guidolin and his staff I have no idea..but did nt seem to inspire...that was the one game of the season we should have gone out all guns blazing and nailed it ...most of their star players were missing through injury.

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 22:23 - Mar 21 with 1118 viewsLeonisGod

Villa fans analysis of Saturdays game on 21:18 - Mar 21 by monmouth

We've probably got Garry to thank for that and his "if we can't win, we have to make sure we don't lose".

Both Curt and Guidolin seem pretty cagey imo. I'd agree Guidolin seems to take it further though. Understandable, but not pretty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024