Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope Amat is not reading this 22:59 - Aug 1 with 2676 viewsJBG

What would he think?
A bunch of Drama Queen's forecasting the drop and the end of the world for the swans
Because a ageing, slowing,odd mistake making centre half way past his best. is leaving for 10 million
most calling for a 10 million pound replacement
very few mentioning we have a fine better replacement in AMAT

Well Mr Amat i for one will be glad to watch you flourish and show them all what a class act you are

i would like to add Ash as been immense for us and wish him all the best as he wants to leave, not the Yanks cashing i, he deserves his pay day,

ffs get a grip
Hope Amat is not reading this on 23:21 - Aug 1 with 2574 viewsKerouac

Have to say I agree with the sentiment JBG expresses.

Ashley Williams has been a wonderful player for this club. When the media fawned over lesser players (in relation to our continued defiance of the odds) most who understood a thing or two about football realised that our success was built on the rock that has been Ashley Williams.
I imagine my opinion is not too different from the majority of Jacks when I say he has been the best defender I have seen in a Swans shirt and I hope he chooses to see out his career here...

BUT

...if he wishes to go for whatever reason he can go with our blessings (good luck to him, he has earned that) AND WE ALREADY HAVE HIS REPLACEMENT.

Amat has shown he is good enough. He knows our style, our system and his team mates inside out. He has proved dependable and gets injured rarely.
He also is paid significantly less.

We are in a very fortunate position. How many teams could reduce the wage bill by £1m+ a year and have £10m in their back pocket when waving bye bye to a 31 year old centre-half who has seen his best years?
The deal would be good for all parties and he would always be welcome back.
It really comes down to what does Ash want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Hope Amat is not reading this on 02:40 - Aug 2 with 2366 viewsTheKirkyLife

One of Jordi's biggest fans. I'll say this again because many people see Ah through rose-tinted glasses; last season we looked better with Fed/Amat as a back two than Fed/Ash. It could be with Guidolin's influence becoming more apparent but still.

I don't see why people are spelling doom and gloom when Jordi is a fine defender who has heeded the call with aplomb whenever asked to step up to the plate.
Hope Amat is not reading this on 06:28 - Aug 2 with 2267 viewsAnotherJohn

Amat may well be able to step up - though he does make the odd costly mistake. What worries me is that we seem to be losing strength in depth right across the team. The idea that we could sell Ash and not bring in a replacement strikes me as crazy with the amount of money a relegated team loses. It is the same line of thinking that says that one senior central striker would be enough. Take a look at what other EPL teams have and consider what it takes to compete.
Hope Amat is not reading this on 17:31 - Aug 2 with 1934 viewsJBG

Hope Amat is not reading this on 02:40 - Aug 2 by TheKirkyLife

One of Jordi's biggest fans. I'll say this again because many people see Ah through rose-tinted glasses; last season we looked better with Fed/Amat as a back two than Fed/Ash. It could be with Guidolin's influence becoming more apparent but still.

I don't see why people are spelling doom and gloom when Jordi is a fine defender who has heeded the call with aplomb whenever asked to step up to the plate.

and has never moaned or thrown his toys out, sitting on the bench knowing he's a better player than the 2 that are there, speaks volumes for the lad, great player,great attitude
[Post edited 2 Aug 2016 17:32]
Hope Amat is not reading this on 17:51 - Aug 2 with 1869 viewsjasper_T

Hope Amat is not reading this on 06:28 - Aug 2 by AnotherJohn

Amat may well be able to step up - though he does make the odd costly mistake. What worries me is that we seem to be losing strength in depth right across the team. The idea that we could sell Ash and not bring in a replacement strikes me as crazy with the amount of money a relegated team loses. It is the same line of thinking that says that one senior central striker would be enough. Take a look at what other EPL teams have and consider what it takes to compete.

Makes no more mistakes than Ash did last season.
Hope Amat is not reading this on 17:55 - Aug 2 with 1841 viewsmacthejack

It's not Amat I'm worried about, it's who he has to play next to...
Hope Amat is not reading this on 18:19 - Aug 2 with 1758 viewsLeonisGod

Hope Amat is not reading this on 17:55 - Aug 2 by macthejack

It's not Amat I'm worried about, it's who he has to play next to...

Which I think is pretty much the view of everyone who's posted on this. I even went as far as to suggest Amat could be captain potential in the future. So I don't think he'll be too disappointed if he bunked off training to read PS today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024