Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Franck Tabanou 08:03 - Aug 30 with 7887 viewsjasonbromham

Interesting.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-player-reveals-rejected-offers-stay-club-
Franck Tabanou on 08:06 - Aug 30 with 5730 viewsWhiterockin

IMO all about wages and a pay cut if he moves on.
Franck Tabanou on 08:13 - Aug 30 with 5680 viewsshandyjack

Fair enough,let's hope if he works hard enough then he starts off in the Umder 23's and shows if he has the heart and ability to move up to the main squad

Poll: Expectation for the season

Franck Tabanou on 08:50 - Aug 30 with 5455 viewsGriffting

I think the guy has ability. It's just his fitness and attitude that severely lacked last year and his main job is proving that he can change both of them for the better. That's a big ask for me. He's made a bit of progress already by the sounds of it, though.
Franck Tabanou on 09:01 - Aug 30 with 5362 viewsjack247

He would be our third choice left back and third maybe fourth choice left winger. If we are rejecting offers for him it's because they don't meet our valuation, not because we need him
Franck Tabanou on 09:04 - Aug 30 with 5346 viewsjasonbromham

Franck Tabanou on 09:01 - Aug 30 by jack247

He would be our third choice left back and third maybe fourth choice left winger. If we are rejecting offers for him it's because they don't meet our valuation, not because we need him

If fit and committed I'd have him in front of Dyer & Routledge. At least he has some end product. It's more than the rest of our wingers. We are crying out for creativity and there doesn't seem to be much movement from us in the market.
Franck Tabanou on 09:05 - Aug 30 with 5334 viewsSwansNZ

Says he rejected other offers. No idea how accurate any of this is, of course

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Franck Tabanou on 09:06 - Aug 30 with 5327 viewsjack247

Franck Tabanou on 09:04 - Aug 30 by jasonbromham

If fit and committed I'd have him in front of Dyer & Routledge. At least he has some end product. It's more than the rest of our wingers. We are crying out for creativity and there doesn't seem to be much movement from us in the market.

You might, but Guidolin wouldn't.

He would be behind Routledge, Montero and Emnes I'd guess. That's assuming we wouldn't play Barrow or Dyer on the left in an emergency.
Franck Tabanou on 09:07 - Aug 30 with 5322 viewsjacktar

I think he's making the right sort of noises and if he genuinely wants to get back into first team contention then good for him. A few games with the U23s should check out his attitude. To be honest we could do with him playing to what I believe is his full potential. Maybe FG can help it all happen, after all last season we did have a pretty sh1t coach which probably didn't help matters.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Franck Tabanou on 09:18 - Aug 30 with 5237 viewsjasper_T

No left backs left in the u23s. Do no one any harm to have him playing regular games for the kids.
Franck Tabanou on 10:04 - Aug 30 with 5038 viewsnantywatcher

Good news if true - if he gets his head together he could be a great assett to the club
Franck Tabanou on 10:18 - Aug 30 with 4952 viewsmajorraglan

Fair bit of wedge spent on him when the transfer fee and his wages are taken in to account, we have not had value from this transfer over the last 14 months!

If he is serious about knuckling down and fighting for his place, we may get some value and see a decent player emerge, but if his desire to stay is motivated solely by money and not wanting a drop in wages then we may not! Let's hope he isn't someone who is just happy to sit and collect his coin for minimum effort. As things stand, his signing appears to be a poor bit of business.
Franck Tabanou on 10:23 - Aug 30 with 4922 viewsPrivate_Partz

That is similar to the noises he was making at the start of the season. It seems Frankie is prepared to work with him. It also highlights the problems of players getting into the first team without any (or adequate) reserve team football.
I hope it works out for him and us.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Franck Tabanou on 10:27 - Aug 30 with 4891 viewsshandyjack

It was crazy not taking him to US and involving him from the off. FG must have been influenced by others to cast him aside straight away when he returned from loan as he had not dealt with him as a player by then so would have been fresh eyes on him

Poll: Expectation for the season

Franck Tabanou on 10:39 - Aug 30 with 4826 viewsLeonisGod

Indeed. I can't see him jumping ahead of Talys or Kingsley any time soon. If he can get his act together and be better than either of those 2, then fair enough. But at the moment he seems unneeded, especially when you consider that Naughton has been used at left back too. We certainly don't need 4 left back options.
Franck Tabanou on 10:42 - Aug 30 with 4805 viewsjack247

What that article essentially says is that he didn't go to America, wasn't really involved with the first team in pre-season and had 'loads' of offers to leave. This is on top of being surplus to requirements last season.

I think the club have made his position pretty clear, however if he doesn't get the offer he wants, he is quite entitled to stay here and try to work his way back into contention. His stock has fallen significantly in the last year and I'd guess the offers he is getting reflect that.
Franck Tabanou on 11:04 - Aug 30 with 4729 viewsTom1912

Franck Tabanou on 10:42 - Aug 30 by jack247

What that article essentially says is that he didn't go to America, wasn't really involved with the first team in pre-season and had 'loads' of offers to leave. This is on top of being surplus to requirements last season.

I think the club have made his position pretty clear, however if he doesn't get the offer he wants, he is quite entitled to stay here and try to work his way back into contention. His stock has fallen significantly in the last year and I'd guess the offers he is getting reflect that.

Seems like a poor career choice either way though.

His stock will be even lower with another season not playing.

But obviously we dont know what offers he had.
Franck Tabanou on 11:19 - Aug 30 with 4659 viewsSmellyplumz

Franck Tabanou on 11:04 - Aug 30 by Tom1912

Seems like a poor career choice either way though.

His stock will be even lower with another season not playing.

But obviously we dont know what offers he had.

I saw him outside tesco the other day in his £120,000 Merc, doesnt seem like to bad of a career to me.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Franck Tabanou on 11:21 - Aug 30 with 4653 viewsPrivate_Partz

Franck Tabanou on 10:42 - Aug 30 by jack247

I know things can get lost in translation but I don't think he said he did not want to go to the US. Rather he was kept away from the pro group but he has stuck at it and things have improved.
Other than that I agree. he could be a waster who will sit his contract out. if he is a man of his words however he may just surprise a few of us. I am sure there is a very good footballer in there.........somewhere :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Franck Tabanou on 11:25 - Aug 30 with 4633 viewsTom1912

Franck Tabanou on 11:19 - Aug 30 by Smellyplumz

I saw him outside tesco the other day in his £120,000 Merc, doesnt seem like to bad of a career to me.

Obviously I'm not suggesting he's hard up for cash butl he has two years left on his contract here and is 27. His next contract will likely be his last big one and he's not exactly putting himself into a great position to get one.
Franck Tabanou on 11:29 - Aug 30 with 4614 viewsjack247

Franck Tabanou on 11:21 - Aug 30 by Private_Partz

I know things can get lost in translation but I don't think he said he did not want to go to the US. Rather he was kept away from the pro group but he has stuck at it and things have improved.
Other than that I agree. he could be a waster who will sit his contract out. if he is a man of his words however he may just surprise a few of us. I am sure there is a very good footballer in there.........somewhere :-)

Sorry PP I wasn't suggesting that. I'm sure it was the clubs decision not to take him. Makes his position pretty clear. It won't have been his call not to have been involved with the first team squad either.
Franck Tabanou on 11:35 - Aug 30 with 4576 viewsFlashberryjack

Franck Tabanou on 09:07 - Aug 30 by jacktar

I think he's making the right sort of noises and if he genuinely wants to get back into first team contention then good for him. A few games with the U23s should check out his attitude. To be honest we could do with him playing to what I believe is his full potential. Maybe FG can help it all happen, after all last season we did have a pretty sh1t coach which probably didn't help matters.

No he's not......what he's saying is, there is no other club stupid enough to pay me what Swansea City are, so I'll just sit here on my fat ars*e and get paid for doing f*ck all, until my contract ends or they buy it out.

NICE!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Franck Tabanou on 11:38 - Aug 30 with 4563 viewsjack247

Franck Tabanou on 11:35 - Aug 30 by Flashberryjack

No he's not......what he's saying is, there is no other club stupid enough to pay me what Swansea City are, so I'll just sit here on my fat ars*e and get paid for doing f*ck all, until my contract ends or they buy it out.

NICE!

That's exactly what I was trying to say. You worded it much better!
Franck Tabanou on 11:41 - Aug 30 with 4548 viewsairedale

Franck Tabanou on 11:25 - Aug 30 by Tom1912

Obviously I'm not suggesting he's hard up for cash butl he has two years left on his contract here and is 27. His next contract will likely be his last big one and he's not exactly putting himself into a great position to get one.

My thoughts too. He really needs to kick on.
Franck Tabanou on 11:42 - Aug 30 with 4547 viewsSmellyplumz

Franck Tabanou on 11:25 - Aug 30 by Tom1912

Agreed Tom, Im just looking at it through my bad career choices eyes lol

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Franck Tabanou on 11:44 - Aug 30 with 4532 viewsSmellyplumz

End of the day we are paying him good money ,its in the clubs best interest for him to sort it out and be an asset that we need badly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024