Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Players 08:00 - Nov 1 with 1736 views34dfgdf54

Calmed down slightly after the long drive home last night through the diversions on M6 and M5, just thought I would note a few thoughts on the game and our players.

I know it's just going over the same things, but these transfer windows which we have all moaned about since the end of Laudrup's reign is hitting us like a steam train now, we have no area in the side which you would say is "strong", apart from keeper.

Mawson and VDH - Have come in for some criticism on here, my personal thought was they are not bad defenders, just looked like rabbits in the headlights with the ball at feet.

Ki - I thought he did Ok, always looked for the ball, didn't shy away, just had no options.

Fer - Not a premier league player, got the odd moment of quality, but nowhere near consistent enough.

Barrow - Was very poor, had no protection from the referee and was completely bullied out of the game, the times he did get behind, his quality was horrendous.

Llorente - As above, bullied out of the game, has not got the tools to be a target man in this league, not strong enough. I hate to say it, but I think he's shot. How Borja isn't starting I will never know.

Bob Bradley - Completely out of this depth, it was a shocker of an appointment, the majority knew this.

I honestly think we are in sh*T in a major way, and I'm not talking about relegation, that's a given, I am talking about what comes next. The Americans will know they have made a massive balls up buying into us, the value of the club will plummet and they will do anything necessary to cut their losses. Rocky roads ahead.
Our Players on 08:01 - Nov 1 with 1724 viewsShonky

Blackpool are 15th in League 2.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 8:02]

Its just a ride...

Our Players on 08:48 - Nov 1 with 1565 viewsPegojack

Rangel was shocking when he came on, too. He is shot at this level. His defending for the second goal was laughable. He was up against Stoke's new recruit from the Egyptian league FFS, not Messi. How he failed to close him down and tackle was beyond me.

Routs, despite being the whipping boy (rightly) for most of the season, was one of the few who showed any clue.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 9:22]
Our Players on 09:03 - Nov 1 with 1508 viewsTrundle10

I am not Routledge biggest fan but he played well. As did ki. Barrow was shocking and fans chant his name??
Our Players on 09:15 - Nov 1 with 1455 viewsjasper_T

I thought Llorente did alright, good touches and when he had runners about him his passes tended to find them.

Problem was the team couldn't work with that. Barrow in absentia and Gylfi resorting to panicky left footers from outside the box.
Our Players on 09:26 - Nov 1 with 1391 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Players on 09:03 - Nov 1 by Trundle10

I am not Routledge biggest fan but he played well. As did ki. Barrow was shocking and fans chant his name??

Barrow was physically wrestled to the floor twice. The ref wouldn't even give him a throw in!

When he did manage to get away he was awful though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Players on 09:31 - Nov 1 with 1358 viewsjasper_T

Our Players on 09:26 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Barrow was physically wrestled to the floor twice. The ref wouldn't even give him a throw in!

I only remember Pieters pulling him down once and Barrow got a free kick for it.

Most of Pieters challenges were hard but fair. Played Barrow like a fiddle.
Our Players on 09:32 - Nov 1 with 1354 viewsjacabertawe

Barrow does his Usain Bolt impression with the ball down the line, occasionally putting in a decent cross. And that is it: clueless in other aspects of the game.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Our Players on 09:38 - Nov 1 with 1326 viewsLegend83

Barrow was poor but it's a reflection on our club that he is continued to be considered our attacking saviour. If anything, Bradley should have pulled his finger our and told Barrow and Routledge to switch sides.

Llorente was very good I thought, given the service provided and the lack of game-plan. His touches and lay-offs were consistently excellent and he won his fair share of headers with no other Swans player within 20 yards of him - I would have given up towards the end too.

Ki was very good at what he does best - creating space for himself and driving forward tp link play. His control is probably the best in our squad. But he cannot play the defensive side of that role. Fer was an utter waste of space and it's no wonder our defence looked like The Anchor Inn back four.

Routledge got a good goal but was fairly anonymous for the rest of the game but at least tried to protect Taylor.

Taylor was utter w*nk - what was that header for their first? He wasn't even challenged! But what did we expect from a player who has failed to improve over the last 5 years. Why was Kingsley not playing? Bizarre.

It's easy to criticise the usual suspects though. When is Fabianski going to have a worldy of a game ala Tom Heaton v Man U? I'm not blaming him for the goals last night (although he is still rooted to his line) but points come from a variety of sources.

Grim.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Players on 09:41 - Nov 1 with 1305 viewsLegend83

Our Players on 09:32 - Nov 1 by jacabertawe

Barrow does his Usain Bolt impression with the ball down the line, occasionally putting in a decent cross. And that is it: clueless in other aspects of the game.

What was interesting was Llorente trying to educate him about his anticipation - which is currently non-existent.

So many times he just stands in front of the defender with his back to goal giving Naughton no option - a quick spin and go and he could dink it over the top.

The one time he used his brain and got in behind from Gylfi's pass and low-and-behold some real danger - the end product excepted.
Our Players on 09:42 - Nov 1 with 1296 viewsLegend83

Our Players on 09:31 - Nov 1 by jasper_T

I only remember Pieters pulling him down once and Barrow got a free kick for it.

Most of Pieters challenges were hard but fair. Played Barrow like a fiddle.

Pieters pulled him over twice - once Oliver penalised Barrow for backing-in, the other the lino gave Stoke a throw-in.
Our Players on 09:44 - Nov 1 with 1283 viewsjasper_T

Cork has never worked, Leon wasn't quite right, Fer was a disaster, wonder when it'll twig with the top men that the best possible midfield partner for Ki (the obvious boardroom favourite) is a certain Joey Allen.

Or Jonjo.
Our Players on 09:46 - Nov 1 with 1268 views34dfgdf54

Our Players on 09:03 - Nov 1 by Trundle10

I'm first to slag Routs off, but in fairness Jack247 is right when he says we need a player like him when Barrow and Jeff are not firing, playing in between the lines etc. We do need an upgrade however, cracking servant but he's lost a yard and is stupidly frustrating at times. When he went through on goal and squared it to their center half I felt like jumping off the stand.
Our Players on 10:03 - Nov 1 with 1226 viewsGriffting

We're knocking these balls up to llorente, who must have won more than he didn't surely, but there is no one within 10 yards of him, and when there was someone we seemed to create a chance. No one willing to make the run beyond him when he flicks it on either. If that's the way we plan on playing then stuff like that is criminal.

Barrow was a prime example of this, couple of times the ball got flicked on in barrows area and he just wasn't alive to it. Bradley had to scream at him to come across with the team into a defensive position when stoke had the ball on the right.. he was just standing on the touch line. Basic stuff. I'm actually hoping we go 442 from now on because we seemed to have more about us in an attacking sense.

The manager though, in what world do you not play a DM to screen the back four away from home to anyone in this league?? I actually felt sympathy for the boys at the back, being so exposed from the first whistle can't be a nice thing. Monumental cock up from him there I'm afraid.
Our Players on 10:05 - Nov 1 with 1214 viewsLegend83

Our Players on 10:03 - Nov 1 by Griffting

We're knocking these balls up to llorente, who must have won more than he didn't surely, but there is no one within 10 yards of him, and when there was someone we seemed to create a chance. No one willing to make the run beyond him when he flicks it on either. If that's the way we plan on playing then stuff like that is criminal.

Barrow was a prime example of this, couple of times the ball got flicked on in barrows area and he just wasn't alive to it. Bradley had to scream at him to come across with the team into a defensive position when stoke had the ball on the right.. he was just standing on the touch line. Basic stuff. I'm actually hoping we go 442 from now on because we seemed to have more about us in an attacking sense.

The manager though, in what world do you not play a DM to screen the back four away from home to anyone in this league?? I actually felt sympathy for the boys at the back, being so exposed from the first whistle can't be a nice thing. Monumental cock up from him there I'm afraid.

It was hilarious watching Fer look on admiringly as Joey ran away from him into the box and almost got on the end of that ball across the 6 yard box.

Rank stupidity that I lay firmly at Bradley (and the rest of the coaching staff).
Our Players on 10:16 - Nov 1 with 1165 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Barrow and Naughton were competing for the award of worst ever performance by a professional sportsman in their chosen field last night. I think Naughton personally set-up most of Stoke's attempts on goal before he went off for the sake of humanity. Mo was just so bad it was mind-bending; first touch of a drug-addled wildebeast.

Rangel did his best to claim the prize as his own when he came on.

Gylfi did well, as did, to varying degrees, Routs and Llorente.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Our Players on 10:19 - Nov 1 with 1142 viewsperchrockjack

Fer fell over last night as he did at arsenal ,prostrate on the ground having been embarrassed.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our Players on 10:21 - Nov 1 with 1130 viewsGriffting

Our Players on 10:05 - Nov 1 by Legend83

It was hilarious watching Fer look on admiringly as Joey ran away from him into the box and almost got on the end of that ball across the 6 yard box.

Rank stupidity that I lay firmly at Bradley (and the rest of the coaching staff).

Was looking at Arnatovic as well just after he hit the post, when was the last time a winger of ours made a diagonal run in behind a back four like that??

For all the stick routs gets he's the only one with that kind of intelligence to make runs like that, but these days he probably lacks the quality to be a constant threat.

The rest are too one dimensional. No fluidity in our attack whatsoever. It's hard to watch.
Our Players on 10:38 - Nov 1 with 1063 viewsPegojack

Our Players on 09:26 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm normally a big admirer of Michael Oliver, but he was very poor last night. How Pieters evaded a booking for his deliberate rugby tackle on Barrow to prevent him getting away up the wing is beyond me.

If he'd have received yellow, he'd have been off for a second card after the penalty incident. And yes, it was a penalty all day long, not a free kick outside the box. When you see incidents like that, it's hard not to conclude that the officials have been 'got at'.
Our Players on 10:48 - Nov 1 with 1013 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Players on 10:38 - Nov 1 by Pegojack

I'm normally a big admirer of Michael Oliver, but he was very poor last night. How Pieters evaded a booking for his deliberate rugby tackle on Barrow to prevent him getting away up the wing is beyond me.

If he'd have received yellow, he'd have been off for a second card after the penalty incident. And yes, it was a penalty all day long, not a free kick outside the box. When you see incidents like that, it's hard not to conclude that the officials have been 'got at'.

The penalty incident was given by the ref and he had the better angle on it. The initial contact was outside but he broke free from that and was fouled again well inside. The ref could have said he played advantage for the first contact but not the second.

He should have overuled the lino but didn't because that whiny grey haired Gog b*stard would have been in the ear of the assistant ref all night. Travesty. We may very well have got back into the game if it had been given.

Pieters only got a booking when wrestling down someone else late on. For the third, fourth or fifth time. C*nt

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Players on 12:07 - Nov 1 with 851 views34dfgdf54

Our Players on 10:38 - Nov 1 by Pegojack

I thought Oliver and the lino on our side were a disgrace. The second goal came from what was a corner to us.

Pieters, Shawcross and the rest were man handling our attacking players, no protection was given at all, never is at the Britannia.

Look at their side last night compared to ours though? Can you really expect our lads to stand up to that. Bony, Allen, Shaqiri, Arnautovic, these are top level players, it's men against boys out there.
Our Players on 12:55 - Nov 1 with 721 viewstheloneranger

Our Players on 12:07 - Nov 1 by 34dfgdf54

I thought Oliver and the lino on our side were a disgrace. The second goal came from what was a corner to us.

Pieters, Shawcross and the rest were man handling our attacking players, no protection was given at all, never is at the Britannia.

Look at their side last night compared to ours though? Can you really expect our lads to stand up to that. Bony, Allen, Shaqiri, Arnautovic, these are top level players, it's men against boys out there.

Oliver is still trying to get over the bashing from Monk and Hughes 2 seasons ago.
With Hughes on the line he seemed terrified to give us anything. the new rules about wrestling players in the box didn't seem to apply to the Stoke players outside the box. They looked as if they were auditioning for Celebrity Come Dancing.
The linesmen seemed to be under orders from Oliver to follow his line of refereeing!!! Shocking performance from all 3. This gave Stoke licence to do what they wanted. THe penalty award....Yes....Hang on a mo.....definitely NO.....summed up the 3 Amigo's night!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024