Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 00:49 - Dec 4 with 1561 viewsMorganator100

http://politiken.dk/sport/fodbold/Football_Leaks/ECE3497352/michael-laudrups-age

Michael Laudrup's agent earned hidden fortune in Swansea least 7 cases, Michael Laudrup's agent Bayram Tutumlu, secretly made millions on players like Dane picked to Swansea. The Danish coach was fired after suspected also to profit from trades. Laudrup denies having 'received a bent five ere piece'.

Under mysterious circumstances was Michael Laudrup in 2014 sacked as manager of Swansea City. Confidential documents from whistle blower platform Football Leaks show now that the Premier League club suspected him and his agent for 20 years, Bayram Tutumlu, to make money under the table at the club's player trades.

"The club had suspected that Michael Laudrup did not want a given player to the club unless Bayram Tutumlu was involved in the player trading. (...) The club is still investigating player transfers in order to determine whether they were concluded at the club's expense, while Bayram Tutumlu was affiliated with the club, and to what extent (if any) Michael Laudrup was involved in it ", said the February 13 2014 a letter from Swansea's director, who explained dismissal to the British coach Union, League Manager's Association.

But Swansea could not seem to find evidence of the shady deals and ended in May 2014 to reach a settlement with Laudrup and his agent, who was also on the club's payroll. The club ended up paying the coach a tax-free amount of 14.4 million and the agent 3.2 million in compensation.

Laudrup denies having received money

Internal emails show that Michael Laudrup then categorically refused to Swansea that he ever as coach had received money from a player trade. With virtually identical terms he repeats today this message to Politiken:

"I would like to state that I NEVER received a bent five ere piece in commissions stemming from a player trade. This applies in Brondby, Getafe, Spartak Moscow, Mallorca, Swansea, Lekhwiya and Al Rayyan. NEVER !! ", said in a brief email from Laudrup, who is now coach of Qatar club Al Rayyan.

Bayram Tutumlu fail to answer questions about his own role, but writes that he "not for any reason paid money or otherwise for Michael Laudrup '.
In the summer of 2013 wrote the British press that the Bayram Tutumlu tried to take unauthorized control of Swansea's transfer policy. Back then took Laudrup's agent in defense:

"He has done a lot of good things for the club - he played a very important role in last season by downloading Michu, Chico (Flores, ed.) And Pablo (Hernandez.) In particular and without being paid for it. The most important thing for him was to make sure that I had a really good squad, "he said July 9, 2013 to South West Evening Post.
Also Tutumlu stressed publicly that he is "not making any money 'at Swansea's player trades.
Agent earned upwards of 32 million.
But through Football Leaks Politiken has gained access to contracts, bank transfers, e-mails, invoices and hidden agency agreements that tells a different story. In at least seven cases, Michael Laudrup's agent thus had personal economic interests in play acting in Swansea - among other players Chico Flores and Pablo Hernandez. By all accounts, it happened without the knowledge of the club, if money detours have ended up in the pockets of Bayram Tutumlu.
Politiken's statement of invoices and subcontracts shows that the Bayram Tutumlu in the 20 months that Laudrup was the manager, has served up to 32 million crowns on the seven trades. It is four times more than Swansea paid him for the period to be Michael Laudrup's agent.
Tutumlu used various methods. The typical was to enter into agreements with players' agents to get a share of the fee when their players signed to Swansea - players like Michael Laudrup wanted affiliated club. For example, changed the Spaniard José Cañas to Swansea in 2013. A hidden agreement dated January 30 in Madrid, between Tutumlu and the player's agent shows that Tutumlu earned almost 11 million on the deal. It happened without disclosing it to the English Football Association (FA), which rules otherwise clearly prescribes. In many cases Tutumlu able to obtain two-thirds of the players' agents fee.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2016 0:52]
Laudrup on 00:53 - Dec 4 with 1539 viewsLeonWasGod

We paid them how much?!! £27m to get rid of the pair of them? Surely that's rubbish.
Laudrup on 00:53 - Dec 4 with 1539 viewsMurph75

Yeah I was well gutted when he brought Michu, Hernadez, De Guazman and Chico to the club.

How dare he bring these second rate players to the club to benefits his own bank account.

The OP edited after my initial response.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2016 0:57]
Laudrup on 00:55 - Dec 4 with 1527 viewsMorganator100

Politiken submitted the information for football lawyer Paolo Lombardi, who for eight years was responsible for the international football association Fifa's agent rules:
"If the information can be documented, I almost find it hard to grasp how many breaches there have been. This includes the question of breach of the protection rules against conflicts of interest and rules on full disclosure of agents' involvement in player trades, "he says.
Earned money after the break with club

In the summer of 2013 following a conflict between Swansea's management and Bayram Tutumlu on the agent's attempt to influence the club's player trades. It led to the club chairman Huw Jenkins said in the press that all cooperation now ceased Bayram Tutumlu. But even if the agent no longer played any official role at the club, he was still able to make money on new contracts for Laudrup's players.

Among others entered Bayram Tutumlu September 4, 2013 an agreement with the defense profile Ben Davies 'agent that Tutumlu should have 67 percent of all players' agents income. Shortly after the player extended his contract at Swansea with a substantial salary increase for both the player and the agent.

In none of the official transfer and player contracts that Politiken has seen is Tutumlus lucrative subcontracts been announced. Besides that it seems to be contrary to football rules, the matter may prove more serious. Such is the general assessment from sports lawyer Liz Ellen, who has worked on cases of corruption in the British top football:
'Transparency is important in every player trades. But when an agent with a close connection to a coach involved in player trades, then transparency absolutely crucial. If the coach's agent receives hidden payments, so it raises the immediate serious concerns about the deal, including the potential bribery and fraud, "said Liz Ellen, partner at law firm Mishcon de Reya.

Swansea: Respect for Laudrup
In the extensive material, Politiken has not found direct agreements or cash flows between Tutumlu and Michael Laudrup. But the documents show that Swansea paid the agent an amount equal to 10 percent of the Dane's salary - in 2013 it was just under 3 million. This happened although Laudrup had a representation agreement with Tutumlu, which stated:
"Only the client (Laudrup, ed.) Should remunerate the coach's agent for the work he has done."
Michael Laudrup has not answered Politiken questions about whether Swansea payment of Tutumlu led to the Dane thus escaped personally to remunerate the agent during the period. In the representation agreement he had just committed itself to pay Tutumlu 10 percent of his base salary.
Laudrup has not answered Politiken questions about the role he played in the controversial act, or if he at all had knowledge of Tutumlus hidden profits.
Also the agent failed to answer a number of questions about his role in the case. He relates only to Laudrup and writes: "I have never shared the benefits from my professional work with him. Additionally, I have never had any involvement with him in connection with the representation or promotion by any player or club. "
Michael Laudrup and Swansea signed in May 2014 a settlement that says that parties will not defame one another, as opinions in public must be approved by the other party. Politiken said a spokesman from Swansea City that "we today only nourishes admiration and respect for Michael."
Laudrup on 00:57 - Dec 4 with 1506 viewsMorganator100

Laudrup on 00:53 - Dec 4 by LeonWasGod

We paid them how much?!! £27m to get rid of the pair of them? Surely that's rubbish.

I just found it breaking on Twitter just now.

Also on Twitter
Chico Flores ‏@ChicoFlores12 8h
8 hours ago

Swansea ...crying face
Laudrup on 01:19 - Dec 4 with 1461 viewsRancid

I think most of us knew he was as bent as a 6 pound note but and a loose cannon but when he was getting us players we were at our very best.We didn't care at the time because we were feckin superb and had never had it so good.When Huw got rid we all thought it the right decision as Huw is always right and probably was in banning him from the club but I do wonder whether it was for Tutumlu's illegalities or Huw's own personal issues with him.Huw went on to sign Bony which enhanced his decision to sack him even more to us but that's as good as it got and since then it's been downhill all the way.

The article might explain where all the missing millions went too, or a lot of it.They can't keep dining out on Landore and Fairwood for all the money spent.It's the Premier League and money is everything and agents are balls deep in it and so was Tutumlu and I'd be surprised if it was his dodgy dealings that were the reasons he was banned.
Laudrup on 01:26 - Dec 4 with 1435 viewsNeathJack

Laudrup on 00:53 - Dec 4 by LeonWasGod

27m Danish Krone.

About £3m
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024