Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! 15:02 - Jan 30 with 1476 viewsmagicdaps10

Not good sorry, not good at all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:05 - Jan 30 with 1464 viewsAnotherJohn

The story breaking about the Lopez deal being off isn't good news. I wonder whether HJ has any Plan B apart from Roberts from Barnsley. At this stage in the season the latter is ultra high risk.
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:10 - Jan 30 with 1437 viewsmagicdaps10

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:05 - Jan 30 by AnotherJohn

The story breaking about the Lopez deal being off isn't good news. I wonder whether HJ has any Plan B apart from Roberts from Barnsley. At this stage in the season the latter is ultra high risk.

Clement has said we have four centre halves and virtually says we will be going with them.
Hope he is bluffing but shows a massive amount of naivity for me.

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:33 - Jan 30 with 1353 viewsNOTRAC

The one obvious position that needed strengthening and it looks as though we will go all around the mulberry bush again .The way it is going we could end up with a team of wingers.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:37 - Jan 30 with 1333 viewsmagicdaps10

Makes absolute no sense to me at all. We were actively looking at centre halves and even with the Lopez link even up to the last 24 hours or so and now all of a sudden we are happy with the four we have.........its unbelievable!!!!

Its all about getting the right centre half in but you are telling me that we could not find one, Firmly feel that we have lost out on Lopez and the attitude is that it is too late to get one in. Could be that after the Liverpool game they now feel that we will be ok with Mawson and Fede......got help us if one gets injured or suspended.

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:43 - Jan 30 with 1280 viewsBorojack

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:37 - Jan 30 by magicdaps10

Makes absolute no sense to me at all. We were actively looking at centre halves and even with the Lopez link even up to the last 24 hours or so and now all of a sudden we are happy with the four we have.........its unbelievable!!!!

Its all about getting the right centre half in but you are telling me that we could not find one, Firmly feel that we have lost out on Lopez and the attitude is that it is too late to get one in. Could be that after the Liverpool game they now feel that we will be ok with Mawson and Fede......got help us if one gets injured or suspended.

I think we have tried but with the Ayew deal looking likely thats a net spend of 18 million.
So disappointing but not the end of the world if Mawson or Fernandez get crooked we could be in trouble though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:46 - Jan 30 with 1251 viewsmagicdaps10

Think with Barrow out the window and going with 3 keepers gives us the 25 man squad.

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:02 - Jan 30 with 1172 viewsChief

I didn't expect a center back. Have any established ones moved in this window? We were never going to get one. Even if we did, what's to say someone like Lopez is sby better than what we have? Remember FF came as an established center back and his stint hasn't been without its problems. Bringing in someone new at CB would send us back to Bobs bingo, chopping and changing every game. Persisting with FF and Alf best option IMO

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:08 - Jan 30 with 1136 viewsnantywatcher

On a hiding for saying this the day before we play the Saints but I'm happy with Ff and Mawson.
Login to get fewer ads

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:11 - Jan 30 with 1116 viewsmagicdaps10

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:08 - Jan 30 by nantywatcher

On a hiding for saying this the day before we play the Saints but I'm happy with Ff and Mawson.

Fast Forward the end of tomorrows game and it reads

Swansea City 0 Southampton 3.

No new centre!!!

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:14 - Jan 30 with 1095 viewsswan65split

reported in some sources Lopes is injured, fee of £10 mill........so possible risky move.
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:18 - Jan 30 with 1073 viewsmagicdaps10

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:14 - Jan 30 by swan65split

reported in some sources Lopes is injured, fee of £10 mill........so possible risky move.

Dont get me started!!!!!

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:34 - Jan 30 with 1002 viewsdobjack2

Have you noticed where we are in the table?

Unless you offer them really silly money you don't attract top quality players into a relegation dogfight.
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:45 - Jan 30 with 930 viewsJango

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:33 - Jan 30 by NOTRAC

The one obvious position that needed strengthening and it looks as though we will go all around the mulberry bush again .The way it is going we could end up with a team of wingers.

But you're quite happy to have a team of centre halves? At least with the wingers we've got, the majority can play a number of positions. Pointless going out and signing a centre half for the sake of it when we've got 4 already. Either get someone who will improve what we've got or go with what we have. Some fans would be happy with us spending £10 million on a player just to say we've signed someone
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:47 - Jan 30 with 920 viewsAngelRangelQS

I suppose we've just got to hope that better organisation from PC, a regular partnership, a better LB and a better all round team will be enough.

I guess we weren't massively leaky under Guidolin. 12 in 7 league games that included Liverpool and City isn't dreadful.
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:19 - Jan 30 with 822 viewsDewi1jack

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 15:33 - Jan 30 by NOTRAC

The one obvious position we're screaming out for, for me is RB.
A position we've been screaming out for once Angel started looking slow, a good few windows ago.
Kyle Naughton is a fitter version of our current Angel- too slow.
Difference is Naughton throws his arms up in the air and gives in when someone starts to skin him (just watch him V liverpool for the crosses,) and is very lethargic- sort of "I came from Spurs, I'm too good for this" attitude.
At least Angel gives a fuk to try and get back to stop the cross.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:28 - Jan 30 with 786 viewsDr_Winston

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:11 - Jan 30 by magicdaps10

Fast Forward the end of tomorrows game and it reads

Swansea City 0 Southampton 3.

No new centre!!!

MD10 in his usual transfer window tizzy using non-existent future results to back his case up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:35 - Jan 30 with 759 viewsLeonWasGod

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 16:47 - Jan 30 by AngelRangelQS

I suppose we've just got to hope that better organisation from PC, a regular partnership, a better LB and a better all round team will be enough.

I guess we weren't massively leaky under Guidolin. 12 in 7 league games that included Liverpool and City isn't dreadful.

No it wasn't that bad. Bunker Bob has screwed our goals against column, so hopefully we'll be better from here on.
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:35 - Jan 30 with 758 viewsmax936

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:28 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

MD10 in his usual transfer window tizzy using non-existent future results to back his case up.

Its players with leadership we needed this window and for me that player would either be CB or a DM, but we've got neither, where's the leadership on the field who is gonna stand up to the job? ideally we needed two one at DM/CM and one at CB.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:35 - Jan 30 with 752 viewsSwanjaxs

Shambolic! Never mind the January transfer window we should have sourced a centre half ready to go from day one! If anybody thinks Mawson and Fernández are a good enough pairing to get us over the line they need to give their heads a wobble! Well done Huw another cock up!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:39 - Jan 30 with 714 viewsyescomeon

Good coaching will do more good than a new CB.

Upthecity!

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:40 - Jan 30 with 707 viewsAngelRangelQS

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:35 - Jan 30 by max936

Its players with leadership we needed this window and for me that player would either be CB or a DM, but we've got neither, where's the leadership on the field who is gonna stand up to the job? ideally we needed two one at DM/CM and one at CB.

Sounds like we were unable to get what we wanted.

At one stage, PC was talking about bringing in leaders. What happened to that?
51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 18:03 - Jan 30 with 640 viewsmax936

51goals conceded and set to go with current centre halves! on 17:40 - Jan 30 by AngelRangelQS

Sounds like we were unable to get what we wanted.

At one stage, PC was talking about bringing in leaders. What happened to that?

Huw Jenkins.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024