Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deserves a thread of it's own... 22:57 - Jan 8 with 1564 viewsThrasher6

We are a Championship club...with Championship players. They are a Premier League club...with Premier League players. Premier League players are better than Championship players.
WHAT PART OF THIS....DON'T YOU ALL GET?

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:00 - Jan 8 with 1143 viewsAguycalledJack

Look at the first goal. Self inflicted. Indicative of our season to date.
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:07 - Jan 8 with 1123 viewsReslovenSwan1

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:00 - Jan 8 by AguycalledJack

I wonder how Martin ball would go with a conventional 4-2-3 1 with two wide fast men.

Returning to a passing style is one thing but the positional quirks required by Martin do not seem to add to the party.

It i a question of balance and widening the playing ares not compressing it. Dhanda, Cullen and Obafemi cut in side into traffic every time with no effort to out flank the ten men with Ward Prowse at full back. .

Wise sage since Toshack era

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:09 - Jan 8 with 1101 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do you think it was Southamptons Premier League status the led us to pass to them across the field? Because we are doing that against Championship teams too.

Almost like its the system we play....

Weird.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:15 - Jan 8 with 1088 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How does that explain why only four teams in The Championship have earned less points than us this season?

After all, we are all Championship clubs with Championship players. What's causing us to perform so poorly?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:22 - Jan 8 with 1084 viewsmagicdaps10

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:15 - Jan 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How does that explain why only four teams in The Championship have earned less points than us this season?

After all, we are all Championship clubs with Championship players. What's causing us to perform so poorly?

Because we lost half our team from last season, have a new management team, have lost our final season of parachute payments.......We are planning on regaining a style in a season that is clearly a transition one, we never got the team in place from the summer window.

Its not rocket science, I don't expect wonders from Martin but I am understanding to the challenges he is up against.... Why do you think Cooper got out of dodge!? The guy who should have stayed and had a contract for this season.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:25 - Jan 8 with 1062 viewsDr_Parnassus

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:22 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

Because we lost half our team from last season, have a new management team, have lost our final season of parachute payments.......We are planning on regaining a style in a season that is clearly a transition one, we never got the team in place from the summer window.

Its not rocket science, I don't expect wonders from Martin but I am understanding to the challenges he is up against.... Why do you think Cooper got out of dodge!? The guy who should have stayed and had a contract for this season.

We didn't lose them, we replaced them.

We chose to sell the likes of Lowe because they didn't fit the way we wanted to play and brought in players that did.

It should have improved us. We have spent the second highest amount we have ever spent in the football league this season.

If Cooper left because he thought the team wouldn't perform well the following season, seems odd to take over a team bottom of the league and looking completely rudderless.

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:28 - Jan 8 with 1053 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:22 - Jan 8 by magicdaps10

How can you accuse Cooper of "getting out of Dodge" when he returned from his break to take over the worst performing and arguably most rotten team in the league?

Accusing him of running from a challenge is bizzare.

Every team loses players. We spent an astonishing amount of money last Summer. Russell Martin even got his two targets (Downes and Laird). He also got a striker who looks far too good for this league, as well as a centre midfielder who looks far too good for this league.

We're not working on a shoestring. We possess an excellent team for this level. Whilst it perhaps isn't equal to the top two or three, it certainly is a hell of a lot better than most ok this league.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:34 - Jan 8 with 1034 viewsDr_Parnassus

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:28 - Jan 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How can you accuse Cooper of "getting out of Dodge" when he returned from his break to take over the worst performing and arguably most rotten team in the league?

Every team loses players. We spent an astonishing amount of money last Summer. Russell Martin even got his two targets (Downes and Laird). He also got a striker who looks far too good for this league, as well as a centre midfielder who looks far too good for this league.

We're not working on a shoestring. We possess an excellent team for this level. Whilst it perhaps isn't equal to the top two or three, it certainly is a hell of a lot better than most ok this league.

Correct, when he took over them people scoffed and said ''now we will see what kind of manager he is''.

It seems that sentiment has left now he had rocketed them into the top 10 and he's a coward again.

Login to get fewer ads

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:36 - Jan 8 with 1035 viewsmagicdaps10

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:28 - Jan 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am talking about Cooper getting out of dodge with us, what that has to do with taking the Forest job.... They didn't lose half their team, talisman like we did in Ayew or lose their final parachute payment so there is no basis as an example at all.

I am not accusing him if running, he did run.

He has turned that striker who was a gamble into a performer and he is getting a tune out of that midfielder....well done Russell Martin.
If the players are good enough and a lot better than most and are not performing thefn they need to knocked as much as Martin but I don't see that from the group who just wish to blame the tactics and place the blame entirely at Martin.

As it goes, I think we could be doing better but I wouldnt expect it to be much better. A lot of football fans who live locally who are not Swansea fans that I know had all said in the summer they expected us to struggle with some saying we could be in a relegation scrap.... I couldn't disagree with them, the picture was clear where we were going to be and Cooper himself certainly knew that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:47 - Jan 8 with 997 viewsowainglyndwr

One thing that slightly worries me is we now seem to be struggling and I hope not but could get into a dog fight if we don't snap out of it.
We are a championship club yes but need a run of results to make sure it stays that way
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:49 - Jan 8 with 981 viewsDr_Parnassus

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:47 - Jan 8 by owainglyndwr

One thing that slightly worries me is we now seem to be struggling and I hope not but could get into a dog fight if we don't snap out of it.
We are a championship club yes but need a run of results to make sure it stays that way

We certainly can snap out of it if Martin stops with his obsession, we have proven that already.

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:55 - Jan 8 with 980 viewsjojaca

We are underachieving with the squad we have got, there are plenty of managers out there that would get a better tune out of this squad. I know we are on a bad run, but I'm not convinced by the players body language out on that pitch, i don't think the camp is in total harmony.

You can see the potential in the way Martin wants us to play, but executing seems problematic especially at Championship level. I just can't see the quality of players coming through that door to execute his style.

Even when you know, you never know?

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:58 - Jan 8 with 966 viewsLuther27

I know what you mean….however tonight our team trotted off the pitch at the end. One game that sums up what I mean was against Ipswich a couple of seasons ago…we lost 2-3. We made errors and mistakes in that match but at the end our lads were nearly spewing with the effort they’d put in. I applauded them off for their effort. If I was at the game tonight I would have walked out.
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 00:13 - Jan 9 with 935 viewsReslovenSwan1

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:58 - Jan 8 by Luther27

I know what you mean….however tonight our team trotted off the pitch at the end. One game that sums up what I mean was against Ipswich a couple of seasons ago…we lost 2-3. We made errors and mistakes in that match but at the end our lads were nearly spewing with the effort they’d put in. I applauded them off for their effort. If I was at the game tonight I would have walked out.

I am not a doctor but a few players were suffering from cramp if that means anything.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 02:18 - Jan 9 with 880 viewsangryjack

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 00:13 - Jan 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not a doctor but a few players were suffering from cramp if that means anything.

Against ten men if anything its their players should have had cramp..it tells me we not fit enough either
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 09:50 - Jan 9 with 794 viewsPawelAbbott

Southampton could have played with 9 men yesterday and still won.
We are so pedestrian that it was easy for them to get into two defensive rows to watch us pass the ball and walk forward.
Under Rodgers we kept possession at the back, moved the opposition out of position and hit them quickly with a change of pace.
Under Martin we keep the ball just inside the opposition half and gave nowhere to go.
His tactics are terrible and its not a matter of being found out. They have always been a poor idea.
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 10:22 - Jan 9 with 745 viewsonehunglow

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 09:50 - Jan 9 by PawelAbbott

We are so pedestrian that it was easy for them to get into two defensive rows to watch us pass the ball and walk forward.
Under Rodgers we kept possession at the back, moved the opposition out of position and hit them quickly with a change of pace.
Under Martin we keep the ball just inside the opposition half and gave nowhere to go.
His tactics are terrible and its not a matter of being found out. They have always been a poor idea.

Soton looked bored to me.
No contest
Not even a training session.
They knew they would have too much with ten men. This is where we are.

Ralph H looked annoyed a he knew he should have put us to sleep earlier as we gave them enough chances.

Rhys Williams brought on in injury time to play out of position ,where he has been killed before.

And this is OK?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:16 - Jan 9 with 723 viewslifelong

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 10:22 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

No contest

Ralph H looked annoyed a he knew he should have put us to sleep earlier as we gave them enough chances.

Rhys Williams brought on in injury time to play out of position ,where he has been killed before.

And this is OK?

It looked to me as if Rhys Williams was deliberately giving the ball away.
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:38 - Jan 9 with 700 viewsdobjack2

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 09:50 - Jan 9 by PawelAbbott

Don't disagree with most of your post but what is the real issue? Is it the manager, the players or a bit of both?

For example, from his comments in the press Martin wants us to move the ball quicker, as I think everyone on this forum wants us to do, but it isn't happening. I suspect that he thought we had the basis of a team to play the type of football he wants to play and has found out that we haven't. Which brings some of our recent recruitment into focus.

We are not going to be able to get the players in to play the way Martin wants in this window. Looks like he has to put some of his thoughts on hold and play a style that takes into account the limitations of some of our players with the addition of a loan at the back.
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:39 - Jan 9 with 699 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 02:18 - Jan 9 by angryjack

Against ten men if anything its their players should have had cramp..it tells me we not fit enough either

Unbelievable. You are aware that Southampton only missed ONE GAME due to Covid and that was last Sunday. Apart from that they played every game while we haven’t kicked a ball competitively since December 11th.

Hardly a fair comment is it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:40 - Jan 9 with 697 viewsbuilthjack

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 10:22 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

No contest

And this is OK?

Kidderminster was Rhys Williams level

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:40 - Jan 9 with 696 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:16 - Jan 9 by lifelong

It looked to me as if Rhys Williams was deliberately giving the ball away.

Looks like we’re keeping him otherwise he’d have been offski . Dreadful and I agree with you he did seem to give the ball away deliberately

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:45 - Jan 9 with 683 viewsdobjack2

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:40 - Jan 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Looks like we’re keeping him otherwise he’d have been offski . Dreadful and I agree with you he did seem to give the ball away deliberately

Doesn't appear to want to be here. I'm surprised Liverpool haven't taken him back, can only assume we are keeping him for the moment in case we can't get anyone else.
Deserves a thread of it's own... on 12:23 - Jan 9 with 657 viewsBadlands

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 23:00 - Jan 8 by AguycalledJack

So far
9 clean sheets in 22 games
Cooper's first season (with a more settled squad and a pre-season) 7
We have fallen down to Martin playing defenders out of position and not bringing in a replacement for Grimes or at least relieving him of the captaincy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 12:47 - Jan 9 with 641 viewsonehunglow

Deserves a thread of it's own... on 11:40 - Jan 9 by builthjack

Kidderminster was Rhys Williams level

Kiddy won yesterday and would also have beaten us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024