Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City 12:00 - Jun 2 with 1655 views1983

Got to be the last big'ish club not to have got to the Premier league
Last time in the top flight 1980 and the time before that 1911 even Swindon & Oldham had a go up there
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 12:03]

Bristol City on 13:38 - Jun 2 with 1593 viewsTheKnowledge

Only the biggest team in Bristol when Rovers went to bath
Bristol City on 13:58 - Jun 2 with 1581 viewsTim_Harry

A city the size of Bristol, with a surrounding area that has no big clubs nearby, should be achieving so much more. It just goes to show that a big local population is no guarantee of success. It helps, but it certainly doesn't give a club any sort of worthwhile big club status.

There's another club not so far away whose fans probably need to understand that!

I'm well into my 40s, yet I'm still too young to have witnessed either of the Bristol clubs or Cardiff do anything that is any kind of display of big club status.

Some cities are just not very football orientated.
Bristol City on 14:29 - Jun 2 with 1558 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol City on 13:58 - Jun 2 by Tim_Harry

A city the size of Bristol, with a surrounding area that has no big clubs nearby, should be achieving so much more. It just goes to show that a big local population is no guarantee of success. It helps, but it certainly doesn't give a club any sort of worthwhile big club status.

There's another club not so far away whose fans probably need to understand that!

I'm well into my 40s, yet I'm still too young to have witnessed either of the Bristol clubs or Cardiff do anything that is any kind of display of big club status.

Some cities are just not very football orientated.

Bristol's biggest problem is that there's two clubs. If it was a one team city I'm sure they'd be a lot higher up in the footballing firmament.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City on 14:49 - Jun 2 with 1543 viewsbennytheblue

Prob be quite a force if it was a one club city, as big a city as Leeds or Sheffield? BCFC have a very wealthy owner also….as we well know that means f all….
Bristol City on 16:13 - Jun 2 with 1493 views73__73

I’ve never looked at Bristol city as a big club. What have they ever done for anyone to think they are big ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Bristol City on 07:55 - Jun 3 with 1355 views1983

Bristol City on 16:13 - Jun 2 by 73__73

I’ve never looked at Bristol city as a big club. What have they ever done for anyone to think they are big ?

Don't think anyone suggested Bristol City was a big club just saying clubs of a similar stature have all been in the Premier league now and Bristol City have been nowhere near the top league for 40+ years

Bristol City on 09:51 - Jun 3 with 1302 views73__73

Bristol City on 07:55 - Jun 3 by 1983

Don't think anyone suggested Bristol City was a big club just saying clubs of a similar stature have all been in the Premier league now and Bristol City have been nowhere near the top league for 40+ years

Well that’s probably got a lot to do with bad decisions and bad management over the years.
I’ve always looked at Bristol and the West Country as a place where rugby is huge.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Bristol City on 13:12 - Jun 3 with 1267 viewsLorax

Bristol City on 14:49 - Jun 2 by bennytheblue

Prob be quite a force if it was a one club city, as big a city as Leeds or Sheffield? BCFC have a very wealthy owner also….as we well know that means f all….

It doesn't mean F all, it depends on the owner. If not for Abramovich or Sheik Mansoor Chelsea and Man City would never have had the success of recent years.

I think Tan thought it would be easy but you need more than just money. It doesn't matter how much you spend if it's on the wrong people and keep appointing dodgy managers. Even if you get those things right, you still need some luck.

Bristol, the city is big enough but then so is Bradford and yet relatively smaller places, Burnley, and l'il ole us, have had relatively more success.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024