Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World's Strongest Man 20:07 - Dec 29 with 1727 viewsmax936

Any followers of the contest on here, Lad and myself enjoy it, size and strength on these guys is immense.

I don't think they should be allowed to wear straps to do Dead Lifts etc though, even though they can all use them, grip is a big part of strong man so I think the wearing of the straps should be banned.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

World's Strongest Man on 20:28 - Dec 29 with 1147 viewsWingstandwood

What those guys are lifting nowadays is staggering. Realising what poundages are being lifted truly adds to the entertainment value of it all.

Argus!

World's Strongest Man on 20:32 - Dec 29 with 1141 viewsWingstandwood

Love this guy! Not many can bend a wrench? 1:00s.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 20:33]

Argus!

World's Strongest Man on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 1129 viewsmax936

World's Strongest Man on 20:28 - Dec 29 by Wingstandwood

What those guys are lifting nowadays is staggering. Realising what poundages are being lifted truly adds to the entertainment value of it all.

Its amazing what the smaller guys achieve as well, Kearney is 5'10" and 130kg's yet he's virtually matching what the 6'3"+ and 150kg's + guys are pushing and lifting Novikov is just that little bit taller and heavier and is even better, fitness levels are unbelievable as well.

Although long term might prove troublesome, then again look at Mark Felix at 56, incredible stuff.

World's Strongest Man on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 1113 viewsbritferry

World's Strongest Man on 20:35 - Dec 29 by max936

Its amazing what the smaller guys achieve as well, Kearney is 5'10" and 130kg's yet he's virtually matching what the 6'3"+ and 150kg's + guys are pushing and lifting Novikov is just that little bit taller and heavier and is even better, fitness levels are unbelievable as well.

Although long term might prove troublesome, then again look at Mark Felix at 56, incredible stuff.

I can see Max now "hey mush, you shouldn't be allowed to wear straps" and then being bent in to 20 knots

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

World's Strongest Man on 20:54 - Dec 29 with 1108 viewsbuilthjack

I remember when Geoff Capes and Co were doing it.
Many moons ago.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

World's Strongest Man on 20:55 - Dec 29 with 1103 viewsmax936

World's Strongest Man on 20:48 - Dec 29 by britferry

I can see Max now "hey mush, you shouldn't be allowed to wear straps" and then being bent in to 20 knots

I'll hide behind you and then mention it in a squeaky voice

World's Strongest Man on 21:10 - Dec 29 with 1095 viewsmax936

World's Strongest Man on 20:54 - Dec 29 by builthjack

I remember when Geoff Capes and Co were doing it.
Many moons ago.

I remember Gary Taylor who won it one year, he's younger than me, but lived in my area, he was always into body building even has a young lad you could see his physique developing, I never knew him as such, but I remember him.

Just looked him up, he's only 10 months younger than me, I though it was a couple of years, oh well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Taylor_(strongman)
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 21:15]

World's Strongest Man on 21:16 - Dec 29 with 1091 viewsSirjohnalot

Love it, watch it every year. Mitchell Hooper won his heat yesterday, has a marathon PB of 3.24. That’s 14 min quicker than my PB and I was around 9 stone 2 when I PB’d
Login to get fewer ads

World's Strongest Man on 21:23 - Dec 29 with 1084 viewsmax936

World's Strongest Man on 21:16 - Dec 29 by Sirjohnalot

Love it, watch it every year. Mitchell Hooper won his heat yesterday, has a marathon PB of 3.24. That’s 14 min quicker than my PB and I was around 9 stone 2 when I PB’d

He's another one that's immense considering his size compared to others, although I think the Scotsman Tom Stoltman is immense and he's huge.

World's Strongest Man on 21:38 - Dec 29 with 1070 viewsSirjohnalot

World's Strongest Man on 21:23 - Dec 29 by max936

He's another one that's immense considering his size compared to others, although I think the Scotsman Tom Stoltman is immense and he's huge.

Always worried that one of them is going to have a heart attack in that heat. My heaviest kettlebell is around 26kg and my heaviest dumbbell around 20 I think. Weights these fellas lift is huge
World's Strongest Man on 22:18 - Dec 29 with 1065 viewsmax936

World's Strongest Man on 21:38 - Dec 29 by Sirjohnalot

Always worried that one of them is going to have a heart attack in that heat. My heaviest kettlebell is around 26kg and my heaviest dumbbell around 20 I think. Weights these fellas lift is huge

My days of lifting anything heavier than my tool bag have gone

World's Strongest Man on 00:21 - Dec 30 with 1044 viewsbritferry

World's Strongest Man on 20:55 - Dec 29 by max936

I'll hide behind you and then mention it in a squeaky voice

that would be a good hiding place but I think we could both beat them all in a foot race

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

World's Strongest Man on 00:38 - Dec 30 with 1039 viewsJack123

World's Strongest Man on 20:32 - Dec 29 by Wingstandwood

Love this guy! Not many can bend a wrench? 1:00s.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 20:33]

I'd love to see more of that, the way he bent that frying pan back pan was crazy, Considering his size, I was thinking earlier was he something to do with Uri Geller, and went a step further and done the frying pans instead.

libera nos a malo

World's Strongest Man on 10:05 - Dec 30 with 992 viewsonehunglow

World's Strongest Man on 21:16 - Dec 29 by Sirjohnalot

That makes you a featherweight . Incredible .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

World's Strongest Man on 10:23 - Dec 30 with 987 viewsWingstandwood

World's Strongest Man on 21:10 - Dec 29 by max936

I remember Gary Taylor who won it one year, he's younger than me, but lived in my area, he was always into body building even has a young lad you could see his physique developing, I never knew him as such, but I remember him.

Just looked him up, he's only 10 months younger than me, I though it was a couple of years, oh well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Taylor_(strongman)
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 21:15]

Have you seen Gary Taylor recently he is a lot smaller compared to his strongman days. Search "Talking Strongman with Gary Taylor" on YouTube and you would be surprised!

I tried to post the link YouTube link but for some reason it will not load up on here.

Argus!

World's Strongest Man on 11:20 - Dec 30 with 969 viewsScotia

There's a lot of Strongman stuff in my sport, CrossFit. Obviosuly not to this level, as these guys are something else.

Many of them will happily run a sub 20 min 5km too, despite being about 20 stone.

Check this out. I'd be aiming for somewhere around 4:15 in this workout. Eddie Hall does it in less than a minute.

World's Strongest Man on 11:42 - Dec 30 with 955 viewsSirjohnalot

World's Strongest Man on 11:20 - Dec 30 by Scotia

There's a lot of Strongman stuff in my sport, CrossFit. Obviosuly not to this level, as these guys are something else.

Many of them will happily run a sub 20 min 5km too, despite being about 20 stone.

Check this out. I'd be aiming for somewhere around 4:15 in this workout. Eddie Hall does it in less than a minute.

My PB for 5k is low 20s. About a stone heavier now but sub 20 is rapid
World's Strongest Man on 11:53 - Dec 30 with 938 views1462jack

World's Strongest Man on 11:20 - Dec 30 by Scotia

Strong men achieving Sub 20 , not in this world you mad man
World's Strongest Man on 11:58 - Dec 30 with 941 viewsSirjohnalot

World's Strongest Man on 10:05 - Dec 30 by onehunglow

That makes you a featherweight . Incredible .

That’s peak marathon training on about 50 to 60 miles a week, cycling, cross training, swimming and weights. Normally around 10 stone 2 maybe
World's Strongest Man on 12:06 - Dec 30 with 939 viewsonehunglow

World's Strongest Man on 11:58 - Dec 30 by Sirjohnalot

That’s peak marathon training on about 50 to 60 miles a week, cycling, cross training, swimming and weights. Normally around 10 stone 2 maybe

Light welterweight now then I’m now cruiserweight

Exhausting to read that
In my day Itrained for squash with a former World Vet champion and was brutal
Doug while you an

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

World's Strongest Man on 12:09 - Dec 30 with 939 viewsScotia

World's Strongest Man on 11:53 - Dec 30 by 1462jack

Strong men achieving Sub 20 , not in this world you mad man

Sorry - it wasn't clear. I was on about crossfit.

They'll usually aim for a 5km in about 20 mins, I've actually seen this guy run two laps of a 3km trail course (it was pretty flat though) in 22 mins, he did two other events on the same day. He clocks about 18 stone. He's pretty average really.

https://games.crossfit.com/athlete/237641
World's Strongest Man on 12:15 - Dec 30 with 933 viewsScotia

World's Strongest Man on 11:42 - Dec 30 by Sirjohnalot

My PB for 5k is low 20s. About a stone heavier now but sub 20 is rapid

I come in at about 80 kg's at the moment. I'm planning on increasing my running through 2023, I'm picking up too many injuries throwing weights around now.

I think I've clocked about 22 mins. I'm a bit off that pace nowadays.
World's Strongest Man on 12:17 - Dec 30 with 930 viewsSirjohnalot

World's Strongest Man on 12:09 - Dec 30 by Scotia

Sorry - it wasn't clear. I was on about crossfit.

They'll usually aim for a 5km in about 20 mins, I've actually seen this guy run two laps of a 3km trail course (it was pretty flat though) in 22 mins, he did two other events on the same day. He clocks about 18 stone. He's pretty average really.

https://games.crossfit.com/athlete/237641

So do they do something like 5 x a km and add the 5ks up ?
World's Strongest Man on 12:19 - Dec 30 with 925 viewsmax936

World's Strongest Man on 10:23 - Dec 30 by Wingstandwood

Have you seen Gary Taylor recently he is a lot smaller compared to his strongman days. Search "Talking Strongman with Gary Taylor" on YouTube and you would be surprised!

I tried to post the link YouTube link but for some reason it will not load up on here.

I did see him on an advert maybe 5yrs or so after him winning WSM and he was a lot smaller,
I read his Wiki page and he worked for the Control & Restraint team with Aylesbury Young Offenders Institute, so he's not based in Swansea anymore.

World's Strongest Man on 12:19 - Dec 30 with 923 viewsSirjohnalot

World's Strongest Man on 12:15 - Dec 30 by Scotia

I come in at about 80 kg's at the moment. I'm planning on increasing my running through 2023, I'm picking up too many injuries throwing weights around now.

I think I've clocked about 22 mins. I'm a bit off that pace nowadays.

I’ve ran 11 marathons was in peak fitness for Manchester marathon just before lock down, since then hardly run, apart from parkrun. Aim next year is to get my 5k parkrun times down, haven’t got the time or inclination to train for marathons anymore but should be able to get my parkruns back down to around 21
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024