Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi 07:45 - May 21 with 2683 viewsSwansIndependent

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownership have won 21st May 2023 07:43
It’s now not a case of if Russell Martin leaves Swansea City it’s more of a case of when. That is of course barring any disastrous last minute hitches for the current Swans head coach with regards to his own personal planning and logistics. So, how did we get to todays formality that once again Swansea City will have a summer of searching, and to an extent rebuilding ? 2

Off with his head mush, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 08:42 - May 21 with 1814 viewsWhiterockin

Excellent write up, in some ways it reminds me of the Paulo Sousa departure.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:13 - May 21 with 1753 viewsbuilthjack

Fantastic write up.
As well as getting rid of Martin, these owners want the Crown Jewels sold too.
Idiots. §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:25 - May 21 with 1704 viewsmagicdaps10

It was a game of poker and Martin won in my opinion and it was helped by the successful run in.

I just don't get what the yanks are planning, there is no pro active approach and are totally detached from supporters. There seems to be no plan or foundation being built in a push for a real go at getting out of this leage(into the prem anyhow). It just seems to be to produce players to sell at a profit with more and more talk of the academy.

They need to sort their shiite out quickly, it carries on like it is and the locals will get frustrated even more.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:34 - May 21 with 1672 viewsDr_Winston

Seems to be the case that it's not just players Martin has a knack for falling out with. To go from a position where ownership was fully behind him to the point of considering a new contract despite a run of form that would have seen him sacked anywhere else to us just being glad to see the back of him is really something.

That we might actually get some compensation for him as opposed to paying it out would be good business.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:39 - May 21 with 1661 views3swan

Good article, and confirms my gut feeling views since around February when RM's press conferences had a change in attitude from him.

Both sides will come out of this as losers and winners.

I believe the owners will have got rid of the manager and not as a pay off but as in incoming amount.

They may also be losers as IF form were changing for the better we could have had an outside chance of pushing for a top six next season.

RM a loser as his ego will have taken a battering, but also a winner where his salary could get a good boost, and maybe backing on the standard of player he wants for his 'style'
Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:40 - May 21 with 1648 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:34 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

Seems to be the case that it's not just players Martin has a knack for falling out with. To go from a position where ownership was fully behind him to the point of considering a new contract despite a run of form that would have seen him sacked anywhere else to us just being glad to see the back of him is really something.

That we might actually get some compensation for him as opposed to paying it out would be good business.

However,Martin has described those with whom he seems to have fallen out as “ good people” or those he likes.
He might have been rather cunning there .
Frankly, it’s why I’ve not trusted him even from the early days of his tenure .
Opinions anyway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 10:10 - May 21 with 1589 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:34 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

How many of the squad of players has he fallen out with? Three.

Ateotd a coach/manager has multiple personalities to deal with, he cannot get on with everyone as not every player has the same mentality as him, a coach has to be an oppressive, co-operative and submissive in the way he deals with his players,obafemi and paterson are/were trouble makers and Martin gave them plenty of chances, they were bad apples and left to their own devices they could have ruined the squad.
Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 10:14 - May 21 with 1565 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 10:10 - May 21 by Fireboy2

Ateotd a coach/manager has multiple personalities to deal with, he cannot get on with everyone as not every player has the same mentality as him, a coach has to be an oppressive, co-operative and submissive in the way he deals with his players,obafemi and paterson are/were trouble makers and Martin gave them plenty of chances, they were bad apples and left to their own devices they could have ruined the squad.

Always someone else's fault. Just as Russy likes it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 10:23 - May 21 with 1546 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 10:14 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

FFS 🙄
Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:04 - May 21 with 1474 viewsBadlands

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 10:10 - May 21 by Fireboy2

'… trouble makers and Martin gave them plenty of chances, they were bad apples and left to their own devices they could have ruined the squad.'
He completely mismanaged their situations. The lack of leadership with Paterson left the door wide open for Obafemi to exploit. Both player got their own way.
I don’t understand what you meant by 'left to their own devices'! They are in a controlled, coached, micro managed environment not a pub team. Leaving them 'to their own devices' makes no sense.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:07 - May 21 with 1460 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 10:14 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

A well orchestrated and very well pitched double bluff by both sides which always ends in the weaker party losing, if loss is the right terminology. All I see is numerous parties making millions Russ included. Not bad work because let’s be honest the Swans had his replacement lined up in March.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:15 - May 21 with 1434 viewsKeithHaynes

Some players respond very well to RM’s management style, it is somewhat unique in its delivery and can soon freak an ego driven footballer out big time. That happened to Piroe but he got over it and look at the results. Obafemi, being slightly less able to understand what affective learning is and how it impacts on people just rebelled. People can blame who they like but at the end of the day we either missed a trick by slowly edging Martin towards the door or it will all be forgotten when the man from Japan potentially arrives.

Taking sides never works and as I said in this mornings article we have to look at the obvious information before us, and possibly allow our own judgements go to sleep a while.

Difficult for some, but it’s how we run the website, despite certain folk believing differently.

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:19 - May 21 with 1404 viewsunion_jack

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:07 - May 21 by KeithHaynes

A well orchestrated and very well pitched double bluff by both sides which always ends in the weaker party losing, if loss is the right terminology. All I see is numerous parties making millions Russ included. Not bad work because let’s be honest the Swans had his replacement lined up in March.

You really think so (manager lined up in March)?

I wouldn’t mind betting we’ll be in to August before an announcement and then the whole palaver all over again if doing late deals. Or indeed none at all.

Please prove me wrong😏

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:31 - May 21 with 1395 viewsBadlands

Come on people … where are the, guaranteed to be relegated, comments. It's towards the end on May already. Not enough doom and gloom and people knowing the Yanks are going to sell everyone for £5 million and keep the £billions!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:42 - May 21 with 1378 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:31 - May 21 by Badlands

Come on people … where are the, guaranteed to be relegated, comments. It's towards the end on May already. Not enough doom and gloom and people knowing the Yanks are going to sell everyone for £5 million and keep the £billions!

Naysayers United will never be defeated

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:44 - May 21 with 1380 viewsFireboy2

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:19 - May 21 by union_jack

I wouldn’t mind betting we’ll be in to August before an announcement and then the whole palaver all over again if doing late deals. Or indeed none at all.

Please prove me wrong😏

I think the same but hoping that Keith is right and we will know soon who is the new manager.
Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:56 - May 21 with 1351 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:19 - May 21 by union_jack

Please prove me wrong😏

Only time will tell, but I’m pretty certain they are more than a decent way down the road with it.

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:05 - May 21 with 1334 viewsmax936

Brilliantly thought out and written, explains much and gives us a better understanding of what has gone on and is going on, might be some assumptions in that I know, but basically its an excellent read.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:10 - May 21 with 1316 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:05 - May 21 by max936

Brilliantly thought out and written, explains much and gives us a better understanding of what has gone on and is going on, might be some assumptions in that I know, but basically its an excellent read.

It can't be that good Kieth down arrowed it.

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:12 - May 21 with 1313 viewsmax936

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 11:56 - May 21 by KeithHaynes

Only time will tell, but I’m pretty certain they are more than a decent way down the road with it.

This man coming in from "Japan" ??

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:23 - May 21 with 1302 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:12 - May 21 by max936

This man coming in from "Japan" ??

I did google the J League managers earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J.League_managers

Who knows.

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:27 - May 21 with 1291 viewsmax936

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:10 - May 21 by Whiterockin

It can't be that good Kieth down arrowed it.

I blame fat finger for that, its all that good living out on the Spanish peninsular

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:29 - May 21 with 1285 viewsmax936

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:23 - May 21 by Whiterockin

I did google the J League managers earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J.League_managers

Who knows.

If its Muscat these owners better perform or they'll be wearing the odd black eye every now and again

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:45 - May 21 with 1260 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:27 - May 21 by max936

I blame fat finger for that, its all that good living out on the Spanish peninsular

I get so many fat fingered moments these days I thought I would join you all 😂

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 12:47 - May 21 with 1248 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : The multi million pound Swansea City game the majority ownershi on 09:40 - May 21 by onehunglow

However,Martin has described those with whom he seems to have fallen out as “ good people” or those he likes.
He might have been rather cunning there .
Frankly, it’s why I’ve not trusted him even from the early days of his tenure .
Opinions anyway

Looking back on some of the dross that used to be on here years back, I’m pretty certain people should think before they blink before they drink.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024