Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin talks still at stalemate 10:10 - Jun 3 with 4245 viewsKeithHaynes

As of this morning it’s this is the contract, this is the price. Over to you Southampton.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:19 - Jun 3 with 2953 viewsWhiterockin

Is it time to put in a deadline or leave it as take as long as you like we are not budging on our price?
Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:24 - Jun 3 with 2942 viewsheatwave

Wouldn't surprise me if they said OK thanks.
Daniel Farke is available.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:42 - Jun 3 with 2901 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:19 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

Is it time to put in a deadline or leave it as take as long as you like we are not budging on our price?

I would imagine the Swans have a slow time rebuild starting with Paul Watson over the coming weeks. He will have his targets, and you can’t fault him in his choices since he started at Luton. Some would say with his experience and Martin effectively not at the club the new manager will walk in to a situation where some quality has already been brought in.

Plus, the longer this goes on for the longer it will take for Martin to get in who he wants, that leaves the Swans in a strong position. Swansea know the players they want to an extent, and Watson has his own ideas I’m sure. I’m being positive here but it gives our club the head start.

Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:50 - Jun 3 with 2873 viewsNotLoyal

Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:42 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

I would imagine the Swans have a slow time rebuild starting with Paul Watson over the coming weeks. He will have his targets, and you can’t fault him in his choices since he started at Luton. Some would say with his experience and Martin effectively not at the club the new manager will walk in to a situation where some quality has already been brought in.

Plus, the longer this goes on for the longer it will take for Martin to get in who he wants, that leaves the Swans in a strong position. Swansea know the players they want to an extent, and Watson has his own ideas I’m sure. I’m being positive here but it gives our club the head start.

I’m wondering if the yanks have that level of acumen to assess the situation.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:52 - Jun 3 with 2864 viewsnantywatcher

Martin talks still at stalemate on 10:24 - Jun 3 by heatwave

Wouldn't surprise me if they said OK thanks.
Daniel Farke is available.

And why not? A better manager and none of the toxicity that comes with the Martin deal. It's all making me feel very nervous.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 11:43 - Jun 3 with 2772 viewsbuilthjack

Does the price keep going up the nearer he gets to being Saints Manager?
The Yanks could fall flat on their faces if they are not careful.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin talks still at stalemate on 12:40 - Jun 3 with 2686 viewsonehunglow

Martin talks still at stalemate on 11:43 - Jun 3 by builthjack

Does the price keep going up the nearer he gets to being Saints Manager?
The Yanks could fall flat on their faces if they are not careful.

Very good point.
They are feckless useless jerks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martin talks still at stalemate on 12:55 - Jun 3 with 2656 viewsWhiterockin

I can see this going down the Cooper route.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin talks still at stalemate on 18:50 - Jun 3 with 2109 viewsGVJack

Not sure if the compensation issue is in relation to Southampton being a Premiership or championship club. If the former my understanding is that the Swans will be due a higher amount of compensation as per RM's contract.

Not sure if when 23/24 season officially starts resulting in Southampton being an official championship club? But if it's only a matter of weeks away and the difference in compo is significant then Southampton would likely wait. Particuarly as the holiday season is kicking in with ok players/coaches not expected back much before the end of June.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 18:52 - Jun 3 with 2102 viewsWhiterockin

Martin talks still at stalemate on 18:50 - Jun 3 by GVJack

Not sure if the compensation issue is in relation to Southampton being a Premiership or championship club. If the former my understanding is that the Swans will be due a higher amount of compensation as per RM's contract.

Not sure if when 23/24 season officially starts resulting in Southampton being an official championship club? But if it's only a matter of weeks away and the difference in compo is significant then Southampton would likely wait. Particuarly as the holiday season is kicking in with ok players/coaches not expected back much before the end of June.

The transfer window opens in 7 days, this could be significant.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:00 - Jun 3 with 2080 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 18:50 - Jun 3 by GVJack

All here mate.

It’s June 2nd so where is the announcement ? 2nd Jun 2023 07:00
First it was 500k, then we managed to get the information it was 750k or close to it, and now we understand that the Swans are pushing for even more compensation from Southampton for Russell Martin’s services. The reasons as we know ( in the main ) are that Southampton are stating they are a championship club so the higher ‘premier league’ clause for Martin’s release doesn’t apply. 1

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:07 - Jun 3 with 2048 viewsSullutaCreturned

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:00 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

All here mate.

It’s June 2nd so where is the announcement ? 2nd Jun 2023 07:00
First it was 500k, then we managed to get the information it was 750k or close to it, and now we understand that the Swans are pushing for even more compensation from Southampton for Russell Martin’s services. The reasons as we know ( in the main ) are that Southampton are stating they are a championship club so the higher ‘premier league’ clause for Martin’s release doesn’t apply. 1

I don't see how this being dragged out so long helps us at all. Players we approach may decide to hang on OR go elsehwere just in case they don't like who takes over here.

On the flip side, what if players are brought in and the new manager doesn't fancy them then turns around and asks for others?

No, this is silly. I still say we need to be pragmatic, do the maths and take the option with the biggest gain or we could end up with a massive loss.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:14 - Jun 3 with 2038 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:07 - Jun 3 by SullutaCreturned

I don't see how this being dragged out so long helps us at all. Players we approach may decide to hang on OR go elsehwere just in case they don't like who takes over here.

On the flip side, what if players are brought in and the new manager doesn't fancy them then turns around and asks for others?

No, this is silly. I still say we need to be pragmatic, do the maths and take the option with the biggest gain or we could end up with a massive loss.

Most players managers coaches etc are still on holiday so there’s no imminent rush yet.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:26 - Jun 3 with 2017 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:14 - Jun 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Most players managers coaches etc are still on holiday so there’s no imminent rush yet.

Apparently Russ is spotted in Swansea every day in numerous locations at the same time. And nobody even bothers to say anything to him.

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:31 - Jun 3 with 1996 viewsGVJack

The out of contract players are gone. With the exception of Naughton I can't see the others being interested in staying regardless of the manager situation so no rush from that point of view.

We ideally need a manager in prior to pre-season starting so we have the squad hitting the ground running.

I suspect Piroe will be cashed in this season, if the manager (new or RM) are allowed to replace with who they want/need then there is an urgency requirement there too. But I suspect it'll be down to the recruitment team to identify and recruit his replacement and given to the manager to coach so again doesn't really matter in the timing of the new manager.

Either way, let's just pray to God that (a) we get the best possible compensation for RM and (b) we identify and recruit his successor and backroom staff before the squad reports back for pre-season.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:31 - Jun 3 with 1993 viewsSullutaCreturned

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:14 - Jun 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

What, because agents aren't getting busy and emailing or whatsapping their clients?

Because players and managers are all out of contact?

Don't think that's a tad naive?
Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:49 - Jun 3 with 1946 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:31 - Jun 3 by SullutaCreturned

What, because agents aren't getting busy and emailing or whatsapping their clients?

Because players and managers are all out of contact?

Don't think that's a tad naive?

In box always full.

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:58 - Jun 3 with 1922 viewsWhiterockin

A Southampton supporters thoughts.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23563335.amp/
Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:04 - Jun 3 with 1899 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 19:58 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

A Southampton supporters thoughts.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23563335.amp/

As soon as they compared him to Nathan Jones I switched off.

Entitled.

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:08 - Jun 3 with 1888 viewsQJumpingJack

I wonder if the next few days Southampton will start being linked to another manager - a tactic to get a deal at a price they will be happier with?
Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:14 - Jun 3 with 1865 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:08 - Jun 3 by QJumpingJack

I wonder if the next few days Southampton will start being linked to another manager - a tactic to get a deal at a price they will be happier with?

It won’t work mate.

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:21 - Jun 3 with 1839 viewsWhiterockin

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:08 - Jun 3 by QJumpingJack

I think they will just walk away. Two sets of owners to stubborn for their own good.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:26 - Jun 3 with 1821 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:21 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

I think they will just walk away. Two sets of owners to stubborn for their own good.

It’s going to take more time but they will eventually agree.

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:28 - Jun 3 with 1808 viewsWhiterockin

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:26 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

It’s going to take more time but they will eventually agree.

I hope you are right.
Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:37 - Jun 3 with 1783 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin talks still at stalemate on 20:28 - Jun 3 by Whiterockin

I hope you are right.

Grimes is on pins hoping so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024