Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yates 08:57 - Nov 5 with 3468 viewssw02sea

What does he bring to the party?
Answers please, as I haven’t got a clue.
Yates on 09:07 - Nov 5 with 1859 viewsDr_Winston

You're spot on with your last sentence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yates on 09:32 - Nov 5 with 1831 viewsWhiterockin

Yates is probably the player in the squad who divides opinion the most. You either highly rate him or think he's really poor, not many think he is just OK.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Yates on 09:33 - Nov 5 with 1822 viewsonehunglow

He runs around and works hard for the team.
He is NOT hated

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yates on 09:48 - Nov 5 with 1786 viewsjack247

Very little if he’s asked to keep playing centrally with no support.
Yates on 09:51 - Nov 5 with 1769 viewsDr_Winston

Yates on 09:48 - Nov 5 by jack247

Very little if he’s asked to keep playing centrally with no support.

Yep.

Held the ball up as well as he could. Some neat layoffs here and there but there was very little else he could do. Obviously that's all his fault if you listen to the usual suspects.

Don't think he had a single opening at all yesterday. It would probably be generous to call the service he had "scraps".

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yates on 10:05 - Nov 5 with 1756 viewsKeithHaynes

Yates is the new Matt Grimes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yates on 10:06 - Nov 5 with 1751 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 10:05 - Nov 5 by KeithHaynes

No he s not Guv.
He will never be as loved

Yates on 10:12 - Nov 5 with 1741 viewsRichardO

Wide players who can either play balls in behind defenders or take on defenders to get the crosses in playing to his strengths not having to cut back inside to cross the ball why would you have players on the wrong side unable to cross with their weaker foot when you have a proven goal scorer waiting in the box?
Login to get fewer ads

Yates on 12:12 - Nov 5 with 1664 viewspembsjack

We don't play to his strengths enough. He is wasted as a lone target man expected to hold up hopeful hoof ball up to him, its just not his game, Piroe would have looked lost playing this way also. Give him quality service in the box and he will score, simple.
Yates on 12:58 - Nov 5 with 1617 viewsWhiterockin

Yates on 12:12 - Nov 5 by pembsjack

We don't play to his strengths enough. He is wasted as a lone target man expected to hold up hopeful hoof ball up to him, its just not his game, Piroe would have looked lost playing this way also. Give him quality service in the box and he will score, simple.

Piroe played his best football deeper and created many of his own chances.

Yates on 13:00 - Nov 5 with 1616 viewsjack247

Yates on 10:05 - Nov 5 by KeithHaynes

Grimes, Naughton, Routledge, DeGuzman, Neil Taylor. Yates won’t be the last.
Yates on 13:02 - Nov 5 with 1614 viewsjack247

Yates on 12:12 - Nov 5 by pembsjack

Meant to upvote this and downvoted by accident. Sorry.

Completely agree with you.
Yates on 13:05 - Nov 5 with 1601 viewsjack247

Yates on 12:58 - Nov 5 by Whiterockin

Piroe played his best football deeper and created many of his own chances.

Piroe had Obafemi ahead of him, Cullen buzzing around him etc. He did play deeper, but was n rarely isolated.

Not to make a comparison though. Totally different strikers. I rate Yates, but Piroe was outstanding.
Yates on 13:38 - Nov 5 with 1552 viewsjack247

Yates on 10:12 - Nov 5 by RichardO

Wide players who can either play balls in behind defenders or take on defenders to get the crosses in playing to his strengths not having to cut back inside to cross the ball why would you have players on the wrong side unable to cross with their weaker foot when you have a proven goal scorer waiting in the box?

Only playing devils advocate here, because I do agree with you but….

If it works the way its supposed to with Patino and Paterson threading balls through, Lowe and Cullen would be running from wide onto balls on their stronger foot. I think that’s the logic behind it.

Also Yates isn’t the Llorente type who thrives on crosses and outmuscles defenders. He’d be far more effective ghosting in for the cutback after someone else (hopefully Kukharevych when he’s fit) has drawn the centre backs.
Yates on 13:44 - Nov 5 with 1547 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 13:38 - Nov 5 by jack247

If it works the way its supposed to with Patino and Paterson threading balls through, Lowe and Cullen would be running from wide onto balls on their stronger foot. I think that’s the logic behind it.

Also Yates isn’t the Llorente type who thrives on crosses and outmuscles defenders. He’d be far more effective ghosting in for the cutback after someone else (hopefully Kukharevych when he’s fit) has drawn the centre backs.

Not forgetting Gower
The players listed arent seen as so outstanding as others see them and this leads to discord and hate speech , which is obvious
The likes of Fab,Siggy and Piroe are those on whom all are agreed

Yates on 13:50 - Nov 5 with 1539 viewsKeithHaynes

Yates on 13:44 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Not forgetting Gower
The players listed arent seen as so outstanding as others see them and this leads to discord and hate speech , which is obvious

Hate speech, please look up the definition 👀

Yates on 13:53 - Nov 5 with 1532 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 13:50 - Nov 5 by KeithHaynes

Hate speech, please look up the definition 👀

I have
It fits

Yates on 13:53 - Nov 5 with 1533 viewsjack247

Yates on 13:44 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

Not forgetting Gower

If Yates does as well for us as the players I’ve mentioned, he’ll be a cracking signing.

The likes of Fabianski, Siggurdson and Piroe were a level above and their quality was obvious even to those who never understood Naughton or Routledge.
Yates on 14:07 - Nov 5 with 1513 viewsKeithHaynes

Yates on 13:53 - Nov 5 by onehunglow

I have
It fits

Nah.

Yates on 14:09 - Nov 5 with 1509 viewsRichardO

Yates on 13:38 - Nov 5 by jack247

And yet Dan James on his natural footed side looks and looked when he was with us, much more comfortable and happy like last weekend to provide unstoppable shots, I do appreciate the counter argument because it does work in supplying goal shooting opportunities as they cut in side but it doesn't necessarily provide balls for Yates to come onto unless the overlapping fullbacks are working as we gain the advantage in the middle of the park, always loke my inside forwards being happy to turn to the left or the right.
Yates on 14:15 - Nov 5 with 1494 viewsjack247

Yates on 14:09 - Nov 5 by RichardO

And yet Dan James on his natural footed side looks and looked when he was with us, much more comfortable and happy like last weekend to provide unstoppable shots, I do appreciate the counter argument because it does work in supplying goal shooting opportunities as they cut in side but it doesn't necessarily provide balls for Yates to come onto unless the overlapping fullbacks are working as we gain the advantage in the middle of the park, always loke my inside forwards being happy to turn to the left or the right.

Overall I agree with you, just playing devils advocate. I can see the logic both ways. If we were starting Kukharevych, I’d feel more strongly about playing wingers on their stronger foot.

For Yates to get the kind of chance I was alluding to, the type I think he’s more suited to, he’d need to be playing behind or off a #9. On his own, I don’t think any type of cross is going to be effective very often.
Yates on 14:17 - Nov 5 with 1490 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 13:53 - Nov 5 by jack247

If Yates does as well for us as the players I’ve mentioned, he’ll be a cracking signing.

The likes of Fabianski, Siggurdson and Piroe were a level above and their quality was obvious even to those who never understood Naughton or Routledge.

“ understood”
Nah

Yates on 14:26 - Nov 5 with 1476 viewsWhiterockin

Yates on 14:15 - Nov 5 by jack247

Overall I agree with you, just playing devils advocate. I can see the logic both ways. If we were starting Kukharevych, I’d feel more strongly about playing wingers on their stronger foot.

For Yates to get the kind of chance I was alluding to, the type I think he’s more suited to, he’d need to be playing behind or off a #9. On his own, I don’t think any type of cross is going to be effective very often.

To get the best out of Yates I think we would need to play two up front with Cullen alongside him. The problem is that would leave us without defensive cover on the right unless we played a rigid 4 4 2.

Yates on 14:29 - Nov 5 with 1463 viewsjasper_T

For all the excuses made for him, he's struggling badly. If we hadn't had all the injuries I can't imagine he'd still be starting every game. Duff rightly dropped him earlier in the season for "not the answer" Cullen who did a better job.
Yates on 14:32 - Nov 5 with 1452 viewsonehunglow

Yates on 14:29 - Nov 5 by jasper_T

For all the excuses made for him, he's struggling badly. If we hadn't had all the injuries I can't imagine he'd still be starting every game. Duff rightly dropped him earlier in the season for "not the answer" Cullen who did a better job.

Because he’s struggling but seen as a hard working team player ,then excuses will be made .
He is ,I would suggest,very limited for what we paid for him.
Club comes first before him or anyone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024