Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Probation period for coaches 09:02 - Jan 31 with 1392 viewsonehunglow

Good idea wouldn’t it be ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Probation period for coaches on 09:39 - Jan 31 with 1357 viewsPawelAbbott

And no compensation for failure.
What other job pays up the rest of your contract when you dud badly?
Probation period for coaches on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 1333 viewsonehunglow

Probation period for coaches on 09:39 - Jan 31 by PawelAbbott

And no compensation for failure.
What other job pays up the rest of your contract when you dud badly?

None
Right now,to me,we have made yet another bad choice .
Hopefully ,I’m wrong
Williams is doing exactly the wrong thing and we have seen this before .
I’m actually surprised he hasn’t chosen Fisher to replace Rushworth.

Probation period for coaches on 10:05 - Jan 31 with 1324 viewsPawelAbbott

Probation period for coaches on 09:50 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

None
Right now,to me,we have made yet another bad choice .
Hopefully ,I’m wrong
Williams is doing exactly the wrong thing and we have seen this before .
I’m actually surprised he hasn’t chosen Fisher to replace Rushworth.

The biggest mistake is not being pragmatic and playing with tactics that suit the players at his disposal.
Accepting that we will conceed goal but will out score them may work for Notts County where their squad was better than the rest of the division. Not when you have a team that is weak for the division
Probation period for coaches on 10:32 - Jan 31 with 1307 viewsangryjack

Give him more time ffs he's not got the tools yet,if we can get more pace in attack wide areas and defence ,we might be a different snimal,at least he admits we need pace and aggression.. Martin got rid pace we had but he's trying get pace in so give him Time
Probation period for coaches on 10:56 - Jan 31 with 1270 viewsonehunglow

Probation period for coaches on 10:32 - Jan 31 by angryjack

Give him more time ffs he's not got the tools yet,if we can get more pace in attack wide areas and defence ,we might be a different snimal,at least he admits we need pace and aggression.. Martin got rid pace we had but he's trying get pace in so give him Time

Ey oop Angry.
We comment as things are ; it’s what fans do.
Right now,he is replicating old errors and that is not a good sign nor portentous for any hope for the future .
As I say,I’m hoping to be proven wrong .

Probation period for coaches on 12:20 - Jan 31 with 1195 viewsDr_Winston

People spent two years excusing Martin and claiming that he didn't have the tools, when as it turned out he had the tools all along. Just not the wit to use them properly.

Playing a high line with a back three is abject stupidity. Defensive suicide at this level. If Bournemouth wasn't bad enough, we did the exact same thing again last night. The players are being set up to fail by a coach currently insistent on using a flawed system.

Williams has to learn a hell of a lot faster than Martin did.
[Post edited 31 Jan 12:25]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Probation period for coaches on 12:34 - Jan 31 with 1176 viewsPawelAbbott

Probation period for coaches on 12:20 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

People spent two years excusing Martin and claiming that he didn't have the tools, when as it turned out he had the tools all along. Just not the wit to use them properly.

Playing a high line with a back three is abject stupidity. Defensive suicide at this level. If Bournemouth wasn't bad enough, we did the exact same thing again last night. The players are being set up to fail by a coach currently insistent on using a flawed system.

Totally agree.
We have a tough run of games again. We need to start picking up points or we will be dragged right into it.
Probation period for coaches on 13:12 - Jan 31 with 1137 viewsonehunglow

Probation period for coaches on 12:20 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Good post

Login to get fewer ads

Probation period for coaches on 14:22 - Jan 31 with 1107 viewsRhonddaSwans

last night I watched the game on foxes tv

I like some of the critical commentary.

They were bemused at our high line,
Stating how many teams they had ripped apart earlier in the season trying this.

Yesterday to me the first goal looked offside (I haven't seen a replay)
The penalty was soft as hell.(Keith Stroud is usually ok)

No need to panic lads we have had the toughest fixtures first.

Southampton, Bournemouth and Leicester.

If anyone expected even a point ☝️ you are mental.

The Birmingham game away was a good performance that should of been 3 points.

I wish luke set up defensively then decided how many we can throw forward.

This system will take time so lads stick with it for 5

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Probation period for coaches on 15:10 - Jan 31 with 1063 viewsDr_Winston

I would be less concerned about recent defensive displays if Notts County's goals against record this season wasn't worse than every team outside the bottom two in their division.

Like it or not, there is a recurring theme developing. We had a godawful defensive record between 2021 and 2023 after being fairly solid for the two years prior to that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Probation period for coaches on 15:37 - Jan 31 with 1031 viewsjack247

Probation period for coaches on 15:10 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

I would be less concerned about recent defensive displays if Notts County's goals against record this season wasn't worse than every team outside the bottom two in their division.

Like it or not, there is a recurring theme developing. We had a godawful defensive record between 2021 and 2023 after being fairly solid for the two years prior to that.

To be fair, they are also joint top scorers in their first season since promotion from non league.

Playing Russell Martin football further up the pitch is almost guaranteed to result in more goals scored and conceded than under either of the previous two managers.

Personally, I think it will be inconsistent. If the season started now, we’d win too many to be threatened by relegation and lose too many to challenge at the top.

To answer the original post - If you ignore the fact that no manager would ever leave a safe job for a brief trial at a bigger club - It’s still a crazy idea if we’re going to write someone off after three league and one FA cup game, three of which were against vastly superior sides. Assuming we’re ignoring the Morecambe game as it was practically his first day here.
Probation period for coaches on 15:57 - Jan 31 with 1008 viewsDr_Winston

We weren't short of goals under Martin. They were on the whole rendered largely pointless as a result of the sheer volume going in at the other end.

Entertainment is important, but it can't come at the cost of defensive capability.

Probation period for coaches on 17:45 - Jan 31 with 964 viewsAguycalledJack

Martin ball was not entertaining. 90% of the time I was bored watching that guff.
Probation period for coaches on 17:57 - Jan 31 with 954 viewsDr_Winston

Probation period for coaches on 17:45 - Jan 31 by AguycalledJack

Martin ball was not entertaining. 90% of the time I was bored watching that guff.

Yes. We weren't a barrel of laughs between October 2022 and March 2023.

Probation period for coaches on 18:33 - Jan 31 with 927 viewsonehunglow

Probation period for coaches on 15:37 - Jan 31 by jack247

To be fair, they are also joint top scorers in their first season since promotion from non league.

Playing Russell Martin football further up the pitch is almost guaranteed to result in more goals scored and conceded than under either of the previous two managers.

Personally, I think it will be inconsistent. If the season started now, we’d win too many to be threatened by relegation and lose too many to challenge at the top.

To answer the original post - If you ignore the fact that no manager would ever leave a safe job for a brief trial at a bigger club - It’s still a crazy idea if we’re going to write someone off after three league and one FA cup game, three of which were against vastly superior sides. Assuming we’re ignoring the Morecambe game as it was practically his first day here.

Nobody is writing off Williams,merely stating that which,at the moment is evident and that is an unwillingness to admit his squad is ill equipped to play pretty.
We’ve seen this before
Most teams have a bounce with a new coach
I defy anyone to say we have
Whoever is sourcing coaches and players needs taking out at dawn

Probation period for coaches on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 911 viewsjack247

Probation period for coaches on 15:57 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

We weren't short of goals under Martin. They were on the whole rendered largely pointless as a result of the sheer volume going in at the other end.

Entertainment is important, but it can't come at the cost of defensive capability.

I agree. I think this will be Russell Martin football played further up the pitch.

I was just adding balance as if we’re bringing up Notts Countys goals conceded being among the worst in their division, it’s only fair to acknowledge their goals scored is among the best. They were about +10 when he left them, which was top third.

My guess is it will be very similar to Martin in terms of league position. Mid table without really troubling the top 6 or bottom 3. Just more entertaining as we won’t be knocking it around at the back under no pressure not getting anywhere.
Probation period for coaches on 19:07 - Jan 31 with 907 viewsjack247

Probation period for coaches on 18:33 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Nobody is writing off Williams,merely stating that which,at the moment is evident and that is an unwillingness to admit his squad is ill equipped to play pretty.
We’ve seen this before
Most teams have a bounce with a new coach
I defy anyone to say we have
Whoever is sourcing coaches and players needs taking out at dawn

Reading your posts I assumed you were writing him off. Apologies if I misunderstood it and you’re actually advocating giving him a fair crack of the whip.
Probation period for coaches on 20:03 - Jan 31 with 852 viewsonehunglow

Probation period for coaches on 19:07 - Jan 31 by jack247

Reading your posts I assumed you were writing him off. Apologies if I misunderstood it and you’re actually advocating giving him a fair crack of the whip.

Never assume anything with me matey.
I deal with the Now ( great young band btw)
And right now, Williams looks rather hapless and we have not seen any change at all.
I’m not confident he s the right man ,for sure . It’s up to him to prove me and others wrong and that’s fine by me.

I think we have enough quality to stay up but to dismiss any chance if the drop is fatuous.

Wednesday will fight like hell as will Rotherham.
We were “nervous” about playing Bournemouth on a Thursday night cup game.
Have we got the balls to fight for our lives . Doubt it

Probation period for coaches on 20:30 - Jan 31 with 830 viewsswan_si

Probation period for coaches on 20:03 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Never assume anything with me matey.
I deal with the Now ( great young band btw)
And right now, Williams looks rather hapless and we have not seen any change at all.
I’m not confident he s the right man ,for sure . It’s up to him to prove me and others wrong and that’s fine by me.

I think we have enough quality to stay up but to dismiss any chance if the drop is fatuous.

Wednesday will fight like hell as will Rotherham.
We were “nervous” about playing Bournemouth on a Thursday night cup game.
Have we got the balls to fight for our lives . Doubt it

Wednesday still have to play all of the top 6
Rotherham 5 of the top 6
Huddersfield 5 of the top 6
We have to play all of the bottom 4

Rotherham. Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield look favourites to go down.

Sorry, Wednesday have played Southampton, so 5 of the top 6 still to play.
[Post edited 31 Jan 20:33]
Probation period for coaches on 21:16 - Jan 31 with 793 viewsDr_Winston

Probation period for coaches on 19:05 - Jan 31 by jack247

I agree. I think this will be Russell Martin football played further up the pitch.

I was just adding balance as if we’re bringing up Notts Countys goals conceded being among the worst in their division, it’s only fair to acknowledge their goals scored is among the best. They were about +10 when he left them, which was top third.

My guess is it will be very similar to Martin in terms of league position. Mid table without really troubling the top 6 or bottom 3. Just more entertaining as we won’t be knocking it around at the back under no pressure not getting anywhere.

Martin football without being very silly in defence is just passing football. The crazy stuff like the six yard goal kicks and endless risky passing went hand in hand with his "process".

It's not even remotely a coincidence that our results, not to mention Southamptons, improved massively the less of it we did. It's probably also not much of a coincidence that Southampton have become much harder to score against since Colin Calderwood joined their coaching staff either.

I'm all for being good fun going forward, but at the moment there's no getting away from the fact that so far Williams has shown himself beholden to a defensive setup that we've already spent two years watching like a slow motion car crash.

Probation period for coaches on 21:19 - Jan 31 with 789 viewsBillyChong

How about a probation period for owners?
Probation period for coaches on 23:20 - Jan 31 with 718 viewsjackrmee

Probation period for coaches on 15:10 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

And Langstaff is defo one of the best strikers at that level, to score all the goals. We have…

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Probation period for coaches on 06:20 - Feb 1 with 659 viewsjack247

Probation period for coaches on 21:16 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Martin football without being very silly in defence is just passing football. The crazy stuff like the six yard goal kicks and endless risky passing went hand in hand with his "process".

It's not even remotely a coincidence that our results, not to mention Southamptons, improved massively the less of it we did. It's probably also not much of a coincidence that Southampton have become much harder to score against since Colin Calderwood joined their coaching staff either.

I'm all for being good fun going forward, but at the moment there's no getting away from the fact that so far Williams has shown himself beholden to a defensive setup that we've already spent two years watching like a slow motion car crash.

We’re not doing either of those things. We’re actually playing our football further up the pitch which is exactly what most people demanded under Martin. Very little lateral passing in our own final third.

Where we are struggling, and I expect him to eventually adapt to, is trying to attack with too many players. Having our wingbacks level with the striker and our centre backs near half way when we attack is a recipe for goals like Leicesters first.

As for Notts County, we’d be happy with a positive goal difference of 10 and fifth in the table no matter how many we conceded. The results were decent considering they are a promoted team. Of course I’d like us to tighten up defensively, but I’d rather watch 3-2s than 1-0s either way every week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024