Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 11:05 - Oct 30 with 3273 viewsJackfath

If he is picked for Sunday, I fear the big occasion could get to him, as it has in the past, and he could be targeted and receive a red card.

I hope he's not in the squad personally.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shelvey on 11:08 - Oct 30 with 2453 viewsperchrockjack

Hence my comments regarding Mike Dean..
I see a bad moon rising if he plays from the off as verily I say unto thee, St Craig will be winding him up from the off

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shelvey on 11:09 - Oct 30 with 2451 viewsairedale

I agree. And the same might also be said about playing Canas against their pitbull defender.
Shelvey on 11:09 - Oct 30 with 2447 viewsJackfath

Shelvey on 11:08 - Oct 30 by perchrockjack

Hence my comments regarding Mike Dean..
I see a bad moon rising if he plays from the off as verily I say unto thee, St Craig will be winding him up from the off

Chico will smarsh Bellers into row Z. Make no mistake.

Although I can see Chico seeing red too, he'll undoubtedly be targetted.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Shelvey on 11:09 - Oct 30 with 2438 viewsAl_Bundy

Along with Michu , Canas and Chico.

All four could well be red card contenders if they raise to the bait on Sunday.

Think we'll do well to keep 11 on the pitch for this one.
Shelvey on 11:18 - Oct 30 with 2417 viewsperchrockjack

This is why I say discipline is crucial. We have better quality but it ll go out of the window for this game.

What worries me is WHY Dean was selected for this in the first place.
My biggest concern.
We re going to have to be canny , sly and shaft them

Shelvey on 11:21 - Oct 30 with 2400 viewsjackportis

Impact player - bring him on if behind.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Shelvey on 11:21 - Oct 30 with 2396 viewsjruss1

The biggest red card contender is Gary Medal.

He was pathetic in the Seville derby at Betis last year. Ran round flying into tackles and chopsing. Canas was the main culprit in winding him up and it was him who eventually got Medal sent off.
Shelvey on 11:24 - Oct 30 with 2390 viewsJackfath

Canas preferable to the more delicate De Guzman for this one?

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 18:40 - Oct 30 with 2152 viewsmawdlamjack

Shelvey on 11:24 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

Canas preferable to the more delicate De Guzman for this one?

nahh, they've got naff all in midfield, jdg should shine in this one,shelvey needs to be kept at the liberty,he'd be off inside 10mins if he plays on sunday

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Shelvey on 19:33 - Oct 30 with 2053 viewsKingBony

Shelvey on 11:09 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

"he'll undoubtedly be targetted"

Much like you on here good doctor

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Shelvey on 19:50 - Oct 30 with 2013 viewsQuakerJack

If Shelvey starts I'm turning it off

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Shelvey on 20:52 - Oct 30 with 1943 viewsswancity

Shelvey on 19:50 - Oct 30 by QuakerJack

If Shelvey starts I'm turning it off

Very good player but without the intelligence required to progress any further, something that Brendan was well aware of. Best to keep him away from game. Bony on the other hand has the temperament and missile in his boots to make a name for himself

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Shelvey on 09:23 - Oct 31 with 1752 viewsperchrockjack

It is just made for Wilf to do it.

Shelvey on 09:30 - Oct 31 with 1744 viewsUxbridge

Have you people actually watched a derby game in the last 10 years?

I recall similar conversations in previous years about players getting targeted, being too soft for the physicality of the derby matches etc only for such talk to look rather stupid as the whistle goes and turns out to be just another game with the only real edge being in the stands.

We've had bigger and more exciting games than this already this season. Loads more. They coped well enough with them.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shelvey on 09:33 - Oct 31 with 1740 viewsperchrockjack

If that s aimed at me yes indeed I have and many more before you were born .

Cant really see what is so contentious.
There again.
Are you suggesting it might not be so important or significant a fixture and/or it wont be that feisty

Shelvey on 10:01 - Oct 31 with 1718 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey on 09:33 - Oct 31 by perchrockjack

If that s aimed at me yes indeed I have and many more before you were born .

Cant really see what is so contentious.
There again.
Are you suggesting it might not be so important or significant a fixture and/or it wont be that feisty

Yes because everything about you. Iesu mawr.

I remember when people said Orlandi wouldn't be able to cope in the (arf) white-hot atmosphere at legoland, and then turned in a MOTM performance in our promotion season.

I'm merely suggesting that every time this game is blown up beyond all proportions when the reality is that when the whistle goes the players will treat it little differently to any other game. We'll have the ball, like we always do down there, they'll sit back like they always do down there and their fans will be quiet as mice like they always are. Twas ever thus.

Shelvey on 10:11 - Oct 31 with 1699 viewsjruss1

Good post UX. Pratley got himself suspended and there was no end of fear that a midfield of Gower, Allen and Orlandi would get 'over run'. They totally bossed the game that day. It's rarely 'blood and guts' apart from when Chopra got frustrated at chasing shadows and lunged into a few tackles. But that was him being a t@@t.
Shelvey on 10:14 - Oct 31 with 1692 viewsTom1912

I hope we go JDG and Britton and not Shelvey and Canas. I think Laudrup will but at the same time wouldn't be surprised to see him go for the more physical midfielders.
Shelvey on 10:14 - Oct 31 with 1692 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey on 10:11 - Oct 31 by jruss1

Good post UX. Pratley got himself suspended and there was no end of fear that a midfield of Gower, Allen and Orlandi would get 'over run'. They totally bossed the game that day. It's rarely 'blood and guts' apart from when Chopra got frustrated at chasing shadows and lunged into a few tackles. But that was him being a t@@t.

Aye, quite. I won't mention what happened when Pratley was restored to the lineup for the home derby game, if only because I'm trying to forget how badly our midfield failed to cope with the pressing game without anyone who could play the quick one-touch passing we needed to get round it.

Shelvey on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 1689 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey on 10:14 - Oct 31 by Tom1912

I hope we go JDG and Britton and not Shelvey and Canas. I think Laudrup will but at the same time wouldn't be surprised to see him go for the more physical midfielders.

It's a no-brainer surely. Canas and Shelvey are well off the pace at the moment. The only question I have is whether he'll play Leon and Canas to allow Michu to play a much more advanced role. Not sure this is the game to mess about with that though.

Shelvey on 10:20 - Oct 31 with 1682 viewsperchrockjack

Taking he Lord s name in vain in Welsh now.
Burning hell for you sonny.
See you havent forgotten the wondrous talent of Andrea which is ,of course , curtailed by his latest injury..

Anyway, we ll see what transpires and if it comes off then all our mutual loathing will be shown to be as irrelevant as it really is.

Innit.

Shelvey on 10:27 - Oct 31 with 1671 viewsUxbridge

I don't loathe you Richard.

Shelvey on 10:36 - Oct 31 with 1658 viewsthedrownedman

Shelvey on 11:09 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

To target one of our centre backs they'd first have to venture out of their penalty box.
Shelvey on 10:55 - Oct 31 with 1626 viewslonglostjack

It'll be Michu they'll try to rough up I think - but agree tight discipline will be crucial - no red cards and limited set pieces to defend.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Shelvey on 10:58 - Oct 31 with 1613 viewsswancity

Shelvey on 09:30 - Oct 31 by Uxbridge

Have you people actually watched a derby game in the last 10 years?

I recall similar conversations in previous years about players getting targeted, being too soft for the physicality of the derby matches etc only for such talk to look rather stupid as the whistle goes and turns out to be just another game with the only real edge being in the stands.

We've had bigger and more exciting games than this already this season. Loads more. They coped well enough with them.

Its got little to do with players being too 'soft'. Its more of a temperament issue. This game and other big games call for calmness - cool head if you like. Its why players like Ashley Williams and Garry Monk thrive. And its why Orlandi did so well.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024