Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Guzman Shelvey Canas 12:28 - Dec 5 with 1652 viewsswancity

The perfect combination I thought

All 3 outstanding v that club who never win anything

And well done to the unsung Dwight Tiendalli who also showed he is getting back to his best.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:31 - Dec 5 with 1626 viewsNeath_Jack

For me, i wouldn't take Canas out of the team after that performance, he's settling into the swing of this league now. His best game for us since joining IMO. Also thought JDG put in his best shift of the season as well.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:33 - Dec 5 with 1619 viewsorion3016

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:31 - Dec 5 by Neath_Jack

For me, i wouldn't take Canas out of the team after that performance, he's settling into the swing of this league now. His best game for us since joining IMO. Also thought JDG put in his best shift of the season as well.

Agree canas was superb, he'll never grab the headlines in that position, but exactly what we need and brings out the best in the other 2

Be over there now after

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:36 - Dec 5 with 1606 viewsswancity

Vasquez injury turned out to be a blessing in disguise as Dyer showed his class

It was a wonderful team performance. Full of energy, high tempo and desire. Just what the doctor ordered.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:37 - Dec 5 with 1605 viewslifelong

You just had to be impressed with our midfield last night, Newcastle just didn't know who to pick up as we were running at them from all angles.

I agree about Tiendalli, who has received quite a bit of stick on here, can't think of anyone who was below par last night though.

Great performance.
De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:43 - Dec 5 with 1575 viewsFlashberryjack

Got agree there - Shelvey, JDG and Canas where all outstanding.
Difficult to pick out a player that didn't contribute to last nights wonderful game.
Like many, shelvey was my pick out player, not just not for his fantastic goal but his all round performance.
I've been Tiendalli's biggest critic this season, but fair play, he played really well last night.
Vorm whilst not being called into action that much, made a critical, and in my opinion a match changing save from Loic Remy .. so well done also to MV.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 13:11 - Dec 5 with 1469 viewsbuilthjack

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:43 - Dec 5 by Flashberryjack

Got agree there - Shelvey, JDG and Canas where all outstanding.
Difficult to pick out a player that didn't contribute to last nights wonderful game.
Like many, shelvey was my pick out player, not just not for his fantastic goal but his all round performance.
I've been Tiendalli's biggest critic this season, but fair play, he played really well last night.
Vorm whilst not being called into action that much, made a critical, and in my opinion a match changing save from Loic Remy .. so well done also to MV.

Happy days eh

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 13:27 - Dec 5 with 1448 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Horses for courses - haven't been his biggest fan so far but he was excellent last night

Was definately the correct pick against the size and pace of their team.

For the teams where the movement is a bit more clever then Leon for me - just take it game by game and be happy that we have them both.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 13:35 - Dec 5 with 1408 viewsMattG

For me, the performance last night was the closest we've come in the PL to repeating the "3 Wingers" game against WBA last season. The movement was excellent, the passing was crisp and, when we did lose the ball, the workrate was superb.

A repeat against Hull and things could be looking pretty sweet when Bony, Michu and Rangel are back to fitness.

Oh, and just to add to the OP's comment regarding Tiendalli - still got caught out of position a couple of times but by far his best game of the season and, also taking account of the City game, looks to be getting somewhere back to where he was last year.
Login to get fewer ads

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 13:39 - Dec 5 with 1395 viewsLiam12345

Yes but everyone thinks Leon Briton is a wonder player when he really isn't so for Canas to play Briton probably wouldn't and then everyone will go mad.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 15:00 - Dec 5 with 1261 viewsBig_Phil

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 13:39 - Dec 5 by Liam12345

Yes but everyone thinks Leon Briton is a wonder player when he really isn't so for Canas to play Briton probably wouldn't and then everyone will go mad.

Well I'm with 'everyone' then.....Canas was AWOL on Sunday (witness Ash losing it big time) and whilst I agree he had a top game last night one swallow does not make a summer

Leon has been there, done it and in my opinion is still the best Defensive Midfielder we have, Canas may get there but he's got to be consistent and do it against the top teams for me

Don't get me wrong, we need them both but it's Leon for me when it really counts, all day long every day
De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 16:26 - Dec 5 with 1133 viewsWarwickHunt

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 13:35 - Dec 5 by MattG

For me, the performance last night was the closest we've come in the PL to repeating the "3 Wingers" game against WBA last season. The movement was excellent, the passing was crisp and, when we did lose the ball, the workrate was superb.

A repeat against Hull and things could be looking pretty sweet when Bony, Michu and Rangel are back to fitness.

Oh, and just to add to the OP's comment regarding Tiendalli - still got caught out of position a couple of times but by far his best game of the season and, also taking account of the City game, looks to be getting somewhere back to where he was last year.

Aye - Rangel is never out of position...

Pleased for Dwight, looks to be getting his confidence back.

Midfield was just perfect last night. All three were outstanding individually and as a unit.

A match-fit Pablo, Bony and Michu still to come back in...

Lawks.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2013 16:31]
De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 16:32 - Dec 5 with 1113 viewsDull1Thomas

Canas' best game for us - he stood out and was noticed throughout the games.
What was noticeably different last night was Ash and Vorm were in discussion all night with Ashley going to players and directing players much more than usual. They also got heated when defending a 3 goal lead.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 16:32 - Dec 5 with 1111 viewsOldjack

Back too our very best i thought ,the writing was on the wall at Man c first half ,keep that going and we'll soon be a serious force to be reckoned with again

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 16:35 - Dec 5 with 1099 viewsDull1Thomas

The last action where (I think) Canas and Ash just repeatedly tapped the ball back and forward to each other was a thing of joy. Newcastle had given up and so did the ref.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 16:39 - Dec 5 with 1089 viewsorion3016

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 16:35 - Dec 5 by Dull1Thomas

The last action where (I think) Canas and Ash just repeatedly tapped the ball back and forward to each other was a thing of joy. Newcastle had given up and so did the ref.

Yeah a great sight that, it was a bit farcical

Be over there now after

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 18:00 - Dec 5 with 1000 viewsNeath_Jack

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 15:00 - Dec 5 by Big_Phil

Well I'm with 'everyone' then.....Canas was AWOL on Sunday (witness Ash losing it big time) and whilst I agree he had a top game last night one swallow does not make a summer

Leon has been there, done it and in my opinion is still the best Defensive Midfielder we have, Canas may get there but he's got to be consistent and do it against the top teams for me

Don't get me wrong, we need them both but it's Leon for me when it really counts, all day long every day

That was a good post until you spoilt it by mentioning Ash losing it big time. He does that all the time, especially when it's something he's done wrong himself, likes to try and deflect the blame. It's one thing that bugs me about Ash.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 18:42 - Dec 5 with 922 viewsNatterjack

It'll be difficult for Laudrup to change that middle trio for Monday after yesterday's performance. I'd stick with Poz up top with Hernandez and Dyer on the flanks and hope to pass Hull off the pitch.

Hopefully Donnelly will get 20 mins from the bench (when were 4-0 up ) so we can see what he's made of too.
De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 18:44 - Dec 5 with 919 viewsNeath_Jack

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 18:42 - Dec 5 by Natterjack

It'll be difficult for Laudrup to change that middle trio for Monday after yesterday's performance. I'd stick with Poz up top with Hernandez and Dyer on the flanks and hope to pass Hull off the pitch.

Hopefully Donnelly will get 20 mins from the bench (when were 4-0 up ) so we can see what he's made of too.

He'll definitely change it around with all the games we got coming up. I'd probably eat my hat if he goes with the same midfield.

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:03 - Dec 6 with 682 viewsBrynmill_Jack

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 18:44 - Dec 5 by Neath_Jack

He'll definitely change it around with all the games we got coming up. I'd probably eat my hat if he goes with the same midfield.

Save those three for St Gallen away

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:08 - Dec 6 with 668 viewsraynor94

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:03 - Dec 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Sorry, but if i had a choice, top team against Hull, 3 premier points are more important

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:09 - Dec 6 with 667 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:03 - Dec 6 by Brynmill_Jack

F*ck that. That's the least important game next week. Keep the best team for Hull and Norwich and rotate for St Gallen.

Let's face it, we're all banking on Valencia not losing at home to Kuban for Europa progression.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:37 - Dec 6 with 629 viewsOdgaard

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:09 - Dec 6 by FearOfAJackPlanet

F*ck that. That's the least important game next week. Keep the best team for Hull and Norwich and rotate for St Gallen.

Let's face it, we're all banking on Valencia not losing at home to Kuban for Europa progression.

exactly :)
De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:50 - Dec 6 with 608 viewsBackHeel

agreed
De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 12:52 - Dec 6 with 604 viewsNeath_Jack

I dont care which midfield set up we go with to be honest, they've all got the talent to perform at this level for us. We've got loads to look forward to with this bunch of players, we've never had it so good. Enjoy it.

De Guzman Shelvey Canas on 13:11 - Dec 6 with 571 viewsRancid

They were great v Newcastle but could be shite against Hull.It's the way our midfield has been all season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024