Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hymns and Arias 16:42 - Feb 21 with 2003 viewscontroversial_jack

This sounds really great when sang by many and with gusto, however our friends up the road seem to think it strange that Welsh supporters should sing a Welsh song. What an odd lot they are!
Hymns and Arias on 16:44 - Feb 21 with 1997 viewsDarran

What they think of singing and disgracing a Welsh song?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hymns and Arias on 16:54 - Feb 21 with 1936 viewsLohengrin

Your average resident of Cardiff is about as Welsh as a doner kebab. I'm surprised any of them would recognise the tune.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Hymns and Arias on 17:01 - Feb 21 with 1888 viewsUxbridge

You have to admire the blinding hypocrisy where they bemoan our singing of a Welsh song in one breath and then bemoan the sight of a couple of union flags at the stadium. Make your minds up is it.

You'd have thought they'd have been more focused on their immediate issues. Make or break game for them on the weekend.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Hymns and Arias on 17:11 - Feb 21 with 1850 viewscontroversial_jack

Hymns and Arias on 16:44 - Feb 21 by Darran

What they think of singing and disgracing a Welsh song?

I don't really know what their objection is, not that it matters, they just don't like us singing it for whatever reason.,They think it's cringe worthy, but I feel like that about the Men of Harlech that they attempt to sing
Hymns and Arias on 17:28 - Feb 21 with 1781 views_Kieran

If it pisses the Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardiff Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaants off keep singing.

LOUDER!

I loves it.

Like they loves singing that song about nonces, to the same tune ...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 17:32]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Hymns and Arias on 17:33 - Feb 21 with 1758 views_Kieran

They just mad cos' we got an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatmosphere.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Hymns and Arias on 17:57 - Feb 21 with 1667 views_Kieran

Let's hope by the time we're done with Napoli 50% of Italy will be singing Hymns & Arias too!

Number 1 in the nation, like the Swans, see.

Hymns and Arias on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 1658 viewsjackharris

Hymns and Arias on 17:28 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

If it pisses the Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardiff Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaants off keep singing.

LOUDER!

I loves it.

Like they loves singing that song about nonces, to the same tune ...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 17:32]

In that Norwich game I will always remember the hairs on the back of my neck and arms stood on end when we were singing it!!!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Login to get fewer ads

Hymns and Arias on 18:01 - Feb 21 with 1647 views_Kieran

Hymns and Arias on 18:00 - Feb 21 by jackharris

In that Norwich game I will always remember the hairs on the back of my neck and arms stood on end when we were singing it!!!

We need to keep it going mukka.

Hymns and Arias on 18:03 - Feb 21 with 1638 views_Kieran

And we are singing, you jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack bastards, you f*cking smashed us, 3 f*cking 0.

Ole!

Red Army!

Ole!

'Craig was right our fans are shyte'

'We're sh!t, and we play in RED!'

Hymns and Arias on 19:31 - Feb 21 with 1482 viewskopperburgjack

They don't slate us because we sing a welsh song, they slate is because it's a rugby song

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Hymns and Arias on 19:46 - Feb 21 with 1422 viewscockett_jack

I think it's gay Every time I hear it I think about some fat twwat sat in a pub drinking bitter moaning about how Welsh rugby is going down the 'pits'
Hymns and Arias on 20:03 - Feb 21 with 1368 views_Kieran

Hymns and Arias on 19:31 - Feb 21 by kopperburgjack

They don't slate us because we sing a welsh song, they slate is because it's a rugby song

What the f*ck does YNWA have to do with Football or Liverpool?

We only sing the chours, at least it's local

Hymns and Arias on 20:45 - Feb 21 with 1319 viewskopperburgjack

Well funnily enough it's a footie game not a rugby game.

Thats not the point I was making anyway, the original post said he couldn't see why they slate us for singing a welsh song, so I informed him they slate us because it's a rugby song, fact

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Hymns and Arias on 20:55 - Feb 21 with 1263 viewsdgt73

The scum (cardiff) don't like it because they know it sounds good and loud.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Hymns and Arias (n/t) on 20:56 - Feb 21 with 1260 viewsMattG

[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 20:57]
Hymns and Arias on 20:57 - Feb 21 with 1255 views_Kieran

Hymns and Arias on 20:45 - Feb 21 by kopperburgjack

Well funnily enough it's a footie game not a rugby game.

Thats not the point I was making anyway, the original post said he couldn't see why they slate us for singing a welsh song, so I informed him they slate us because it's a rugby song, fact

And We Were Singing, Hymns And Arias, Land Of My Fathers, Ar Hyd Y Nos.

Don't see any Rugby reference, do you?

It sounds good though, the people of Caaaaaaaaaaaaardiff poached the tune didn't they, but I still can't hear them.

Hymns and Arias on 21:35 - Feb 21 with 1182 views_Kieran

Napoli Bring it back! God bless to the travelling fans. I went to Valencia but f*ck that.

Hymns and Arias on 21:42 - Feb 21 with 1169 viewsChippy69

They take the piss ,but they sing another welsh song i'll be there,but only the first 2 lines
fecking simple kents,every single one

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Hymns and Arias on 21:53 - Feb 21 with 1141 viewsjackonicko

I remember Hymns and arias being sung from time to time in the early 90s. Its much more frequent now, natch, but the vermin make out like its a new thing.

I guess it's just because they've had more chances to hear us sing it over the last few years, what with us having been in the premier league for a while now with all that tv coverage, a couple of winning trips to wembley and now taking it all over Europe.

Maybe they're jealous? Nah, can't be that. They're massive and they get to be the capital. Must be something else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024