Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would it be that we have move forward has a club 07:18 - Apr 22 with 4534 viewsowainglyndwr

That i do not like seeing people localy wearing Liverpool, Man U shirts etc
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 07:52 - Apr 22 with 2694 viewsQuakerJack

Yes, personally, I can't comprehend it. Supporting your team is as much about your affiliation to the area as it is about the football. How can you want Liverpool to beat Swansea when that's where you're from?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 07:55 - Apr 22 with 2689 viewspencoedjack

I hate the Bassey's more than anyone, but would much rather a kid wear a skummer shirt than a Utd or Liverpoool in South Wales (after a Swans top of course).
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 08:00 - Apr 22 with 2676 viewsWhiterockin

IMO the biggest drop off is in Osprey shirts.
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 08:03 - Apr 22 with 2663 viewsGretsch

It's a fact of life though isnt it, we all glory hunt really, if we supported our local team I would support Briton Ferry, think thats the closest team to Cimla. And people on here would support Morriston etc. If you went into that finite detail.

My boy supports United, gets up there couple of times a season, and yes all down to Ryan Giggs and early success when he was of that age 10 ish. Same now Liverpool kits popping up everywhere.

What I hate is the arseholes who were laughing that the Swans were going down on facebook, and then you see them down the ground pretending to be supporters.
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 09:09 - Apr 22 with 2559 viewsItchySphincter

The likes of Britton Ferry are not football league clubs last time I looked.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 09:33 - Apr 22 with 2496 viewsGretsch

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 09:09 - Apr 22 by ItchySphincter

The likes of Britton Ferry are not football league clubs last time I looked.

Ahh, so as long as their football league its ok, so which leagues count? as the Welsh league etc., doesn't count obviously ? To me you have made my point, as if it was purely and simply watching a football match, Swansea are not necessarily our local team if we just want to watch a game.

My point is we all go for a bit of glory or a bit of quality.

So when we were not quality, that is why lot's of peoples allegiance now is for sides such as Liverpool etc, as THEY wanted to support a premier side.

This hopefully will diminish as we establish ourselves even more, apart from those who just follow their dad. Personally I follow the Swans and dont care who others support
[Post edited 22 Apr 2014 9:36]
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 09:56 - Apr 22 with 2431 viewsQuakerJack

My local team was Port Talbot town and I consider myself a fan, have been since year dot, they play behind my parent's house and I could see some of the game from my sister's bedroom.

Get in..... the moral high ground

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:06 - Apr 22 with 2398 viewsGretsch

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 09:56 - Apr 22 by QuakerJack

My local team was Port Talbot town and I consider myself a fan, have been since year dot, they play behind my parent's house and I could see some of the game from my sister's bedroom.

Get in..... the moral high ground

That's good, if we had a team up here I would go and watch when Swans not home. but still be a Swans fan (or glory hunting bastard even though supported since mid seventies)
Login to get fewer ads

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:11 - Apr 22 with 2384 viewsperchrockjack

If someone is born bred educated in any town of any size then for me that s "their" team.
if they choose to support a club 200 miles away because they re more successful then they are NOT supporters.

With kids, I can understand it -playground stuff- but as soon as their balls drop all Swansea boys should be Swansea fans.

Move away? you still remain a Swans fan but take an interest in your local team/s which for me are Tranmere /Liverpool/ Everton. Taking an interest is not being a fan as fans are born not made

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:24 - Apr 22 with 2361 viewsQuakerJack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:06 - Apr 22 by Gretsch

That's good, if we had a team up here I would go and watch when Swans not home. but still be a Swans fan (or glory hunting bastard even though supported since mid seventies)

I guess Neath weren't far from you when they were playing at the Gnoll, gone bust now tho.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:29 - Apr 22 with 2337 viewsGretsch

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:24 - Apr 22 by QuakerJack

I guess Neath weren't far from you when they were playing at the Gnoll, gone bust now tho.

Yeah did wander down once or twice, but like everyone I like the quality and the feeling of the Swans, Neath were like a manufactured club with no history. Thats why I accept that I am a glory hunter in a way, Neath born but a Swans fan. Even though my mother is from Sandfields and used to live behind the vetch in William Street and sell papers in the vetch when she was a kid .
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:33 - Apr 22 with 2329 viewsperchrockjack

That s good enough G. I have Fleet St blood in me

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:37 - Apr 22 with 2320 viewsBrynmill_Jack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:11 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

If someone is born bred educated in any town of any size then for me that s "their" team.
if they choose to support a club 200 miles away because they re more successful then they are NOT supporters.

With kids, I can understand it -playground stuff- but as soon as their balls drop all Swansea boys should be Swansea fans.

Move away? you still remain a Swans fan but take an interest in your local team/s which for me are Tranmere /Liverpool/ Everton. Taking an interest is not being a fan as fans are born not made

Couldn't agree more. What possible affiliation with Manchester or Liverpool (unless parents etc were from those places) could any Swansea person have?
The feelings I had when we were promoted, won the COC or for that matter the Autoglass were infinitely more personal because it's my home town. So proud that my home town club is out there performing so well and representing the whole area !
I could never feel the same about ANY other club.

On the flip side there will be people who didn't take any notice or only followed the Swans as a "second team" who may feel hypocritical about leaving their "glory" side but have now come to their senses. Apart from the next generation of young kids we have to try to somehow bring these people back into the fold and not resort to labeling them plastics or Johnny come lateleys . We would indeed have a sizeable fan base then .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:48 - Apr 22 with 2295 viewsmonmouth

What turns my stomach is when local people call Liverpool "us"..... as in "we only need to beat Chelsea now"...etc. Bloke next to me on the train said it the other day, so I asked him when he was last at Anfield but he'd never been, nor to Liverpool (!). Born and bred in Swansea he unashamedly said. Not ever even been to the city whose team he "supports" and he must have been mid 40s. I couldn't decide whether to vomit or nut him, so I just put my earphones in....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:56 - Apr 22 with 2275 viewsperchrockjack

Im sorry to shatter people s dreams but I d travel around preaching the fact that if you are from say Plymouth/Swansea/Swindon/Bristol/Bournmouth/Carlisle etc Liverpool/manure/chelski are NOT your feckn team and "us" "we" ate terms that really should result in you getting a shovel in the face ,although Im not a violent man.
By the way before PROSS sticks his nose in Ive been to many places and said this direct to people and all were gob smacked.

I like Liverpool FC ; I ve seen them many times over the years; Im leased Rodgers has got the club s morality back to something like it was;their fans,as a whole, are terrific no matter what is said on here but THEY ARE NOT AND NEVER WILL BE "MY" CLUB.

Big difference

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:00 - Apr 22 with 2259 viewsDarran

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:48 - Apr 22 by monmouth

What turns my stomach is when local people call Liverpool "us"..... as in "we only need to beat Chelsea now"...etc. Bloke next to me on the train said it the other day, so I asked him when he was last at Anfield but he'd never been, nor to Liverpool (!). Born and bred in Swansea he unashamedly said. Not ever even been to the city whose team he "supports" and he must have been mid 40s. I couldn't decide whether to vomit or nut him, so I just put my earphones in....

20+ years it was a different story people only had a fav big team because there was no mention of Swansea City virtually anywhere.
Today is a completely different story.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:09 - Apr 22 with 2242 viewsQuakerJack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 10:29 - Apr 22 by Gretsch

Yeah did wander down once or twice, but like everyone I like the quality and the feeling of the Swans, Neath were like a manufactured club with no history. Thats why I accept that I am a glory hunter in a way, Neath born but a Swans fan. Even though my mother is from Sandfields and used to live behind the vetch in William Street and sell papers in the vetch when she was a kid .

I wouldn't say you were a glory hunter for being from Neath and supporting the Swans. I'm a swans fan first and foremost, I'll go watch Town when Swans are away, I live up north now so I go watch Darlo when I can, but I'm from Port Talbot, my dad's side are all from Llansamlet, I feel I'm well within my right to call myself a swans fan as you are.

Yes, know what you mean with Neath, they did have history, they were essentially BP Llandarcy, they changed the name to Neath and then relocated to Town.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:22 - Apr 22 with 2222 viewsQuakerJack

I have a lot of mates in Ireland who, in the absence of a competitive league consider themselves Liverpool/United/Celtic "supporters".

I would argue that it's perhaps the reason why the Irish league isn't big, because people "support" Liverpool. If they all got behind their local Irish teams the league would get exposure.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:24 - Apr 22 with 2216 viewsperchrockjack

Irish brings with it religious element which is why CELTIC are huge world wide possibly the biggest most wide spread support of any club

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 2195 viewsQuakerJack

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:24 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Irish brings with it religious element which is why CELTIC are huge world wide possibly the biggest most wide spread support of any club

Yeah I sort of get it altho I don't agree with it. Why not support your local side? If Scotland can maintain a league of that size then Ireland certainly can.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:42 - Apr 22 with 2172 views3swan

People can choose whatever team they want to support. That’s what life is all about. By support I mean actually going to see them play and not just armchair supporters.
They can call them their team, but what they will miss out on is the extra genuine feeling of supporting their “home” club through good and bad times.
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:46 - Apr 22 with 2156 viewsperchrockjack

Of course they can Clive but sorry its not THEIR team . Swansea City is "OUR" team. like it or not.

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:49 - Apr 22 with 2141 views3swan

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:46 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Of course they can Clive but sorry its not THEIR team . Swansea City is "OUR" team. like it or not.

Any fan can support a team with true passion whether it's their home club or not, but that's why I added the last bit about missing out on the extra buzz you get when it's your own club
would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:53 - Apr 22 with 2123 viewsperchrockjack

fair comments but its not "their" club.

I aint moving on this one.

Have great summer anyway and stay safe for next year when I predict we ll finish in top 10

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:57 - Apr 22 with 2100 views3swan

would it be that we have move forward has a club on 11:53 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

fair comments but its not "their" club.

I aint moving on this one.

Have great summer anyway and stay safe for next year when I predict we ll finish in top 10

To them it is their club if they follow them as a true fan.
It's not what I've chosen (if you can call it that) but each to his own.
I would want all Swansea area football fans to chose the Swans (we would need an extended stadium) but then again I've read of fans who started following us after going to Swansea Uni............are these not Swans fans?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024