Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sighted my first Swallow. 19:18 - Apr 14 with 912 viewslifelong

of the season today,bit later than normal but still good to see them arrive on our shores.

A fascinating bird.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/s/swallow/
Sighted my first Swallow. on 19:41 - Apr 14 with 897 viewsNeath_Jack

Does that make it summer?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Sighted my first Swallow. on 20:32 - Apr 14 with 870 viewsFlashberryjack

The fist swallow sightings are dependent on which part of the country you live.
I used to do a lot of fly fishing, I'd notice them first, late March early April at Chew valley lake Bristol, around 2 weeks later at Llandegveth reservoir Nr Ponypool, then a week later they would be here where I live, always amazed me why the f*ck any bird would travel all the way from sunny Africa just to visit this place.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sighted my first Swallow. on 20:58 - Apr 14 with 853 viewslifelong

Sighted my first Swallow. on 20:32 - Apr 14 by Flashberryjack

The fist swallow sightings are dependent on which part of the country you live.
I used to do a lot of fly fishing, I'd notice them first, late March early April at Chew valley lake Bristol, around 2 weeks later at Llandegveth reservoir Nr Ponypool, then a week later they would be here where I live, always amazed me why the f*ck any bird would travel all the way from sunny Africa just to visit this place.

I've fished both those reservoirs but not for some years now, the boat fishing at Chew used to be some of the best in the country.
Sighted my first Swallow. on 21:42 - Apr 14 with 830 viewsFlashberryjack

Sighted my first Swallow. on 20:58 - Apr 14 by lifelong

I've fished both those reservoirs but not for some years now, the boat fishing at Chew used to be some of the best in the country.

Agree, Chew was up there with Rutland Water for the best boat and bank fly fishing you could find anywhere, sadly Chew's reputation took a turn for the worse when the pike turned up, incidentely I caught one of the first pike ever caught on a fly (soldier palmer) at Chew, many moons ago now.
To be fair, Chew fished really well last season, and so did Llandegveth although there's no boat fishing there this year due to the building of a new lodge.

Had some great times fly fishing all over Wales, Scotland, England and Ireland...... but I think my favorites were lough Carra in Ireland for the scenery, closely followed by Loch Leven in Scotland for the tradition, and Rutland England for the amount and size of the of fish I caught there.

Hello

Sighted my first Swallow. on 21:43 - Apr 14 with 827 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Chew or swallow?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sighted my first Swallow. on 21:55 - Apr 14 with 818 viewslifelong

Sighted my first Swallow. on 21:42 - Apr 14 by Flashberryjack

Agree, Chew was up there with Rutland Water for the best boat and bank fly fishing you could find anywhere, sadly Chew's reputation took a turn for the worse when the pike turned up, incidentely I caught one of the first pike ever caught on a fly (soldier palmer) at Chew, many moons ago now.
To be fair, Chew fished really well last season, and so did Llandegveth although there's no boat fishing there this year due to the building of a new lodge.

Had some great times fly fishing all over Wales, Scotland, England and Ireland...... but I think my favorites were lough Carra in Ireland for the scenery, closely followed by Loch Leven in Scotland for the tradition, and Rutland England for the amount and size of the of fish I caught there.

I also have fished quite a few venues in the country, unfortunately I've never fished in Ireland which is something of a regret.
I enjoyed Llyn Brenig in North Wales also Talyllyn lake at the foot of Cader Idris, wonderful brown trout fishing.
Sighted my first Swallow. on 21:58 - Apr 14 with 808 viewspansypants

Have you ever been to Llyn Brianne near Llandovery and Llys Y Fran near Haverfordwest?

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Sighted my first Swallow. on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 803 viewsGowerjack

Saw my 1st of the year on Saturday.

Always a good sign.

An astonishing and beautiful creature.

Have to keep the garage locked up now though or they will be nestbuilding in it!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Sighted my first Swallow. on 22:16 - Apr 14 with 785 viewslifelong

Sighted my first Swallow. on 21:58 - Apr 14 by pansypants

Have you ever been to Llyn Brianne near Llandovery and Llys Y Fran near Haverfordwest?

I've been to Llyn Brianne but never fished there, a beautiful area, I've fished Llys y Fran a few times, there used to be very big rainbow trout there, not sure what it fishes like these days.
Sighted my first Swallow. on 11:13 - Apr 15 with 751 viewsFlashberryjack

Sighted my first Swallow. on 22:16 - Apr 14 by lifelong

I've been to Llyn Brianne but never fished there, a beautiful area, I've fished Llys y Fran a few times, there used to be very big rainbow trout there, not sure what it fishes like these days.

Lily's y Fran is fishing well, their boats used to be a little unstable, but they changed them a couple of years ago....much better now..
Tal y Llyn is a lovely place, won a competition on Llyn Brenig a few years back, my team won £2,000 and I won the heaviest fish competition,first prize was a week end for 2 , staying at the Tyn Cornell hotel on the banks of Tal y Llyn..... anyone thinking of staying up that way should give it a try.....wonderful, absolutely wonderful.

Hello

Sighted my first Swallow. on 19:58 - Apr 21 with 673 viewsjack_lord

I saw a swallow today between Crynant and Ystradgynlais.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024