Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 15:54 - May 30 with 4952 viewsTom1912

Interesting comments from Gomis' agent here: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9331980

"I am speaking to five Premier League clubs about Bafetimbi and it is no surprise there is a lot of interest in him as he is one of the best free agents out there," McKay told Sky Sports.

"I am speaking to one very ambitious chairman of an ambitious club and they are very keen to sign him and Bafetimbi will go to a club who proves they really want him.

"The club who are really pushing for him have held a long-term interest in him and made a big bid for him before when he was under contract at Lyon."

Sounds abit like us.
Gomis on 15:57 - May 30 with 4166 viewsJackSomething

Could also be Newcastle.

The agent's first line can be translated as "show me the money" btw.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis on 15:59 - May 30 with 4145 viewsDaithejack

Gomis on 15:57 - May 30 by JackSomething

Could also be Newcastle.

The agent's first line can be translated as "show me the money" btw.

Don't Think the Newcastle fans would agree on there chairman being ambitious.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Gomis on 16:02 - May 30 with 4118 viewsJackSomething

Gomis on 15:59 - May 30 by Daithejack

Don't Think the Newcastle fans would agree on there chairman being ambitious.

Hah, good point.

Was just thinking which other teams were heavily linked with him last summer.

I can't see him coming here, but perhaps the club are prepared to make a big contract offer to him, offset against the transfer fee we'd be paying for other strikers?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis on 16:05 - May 30 with 4080 viewsTom1912

Anyone signed on a free contract in the PL will likely have a signing on fee in the millions.

Will be cheaper than signing someone of his standard from a club when under contract though.
Gomis on 16:06 - May 30 with 4070 viewsDaithejack

Gomis on 16:02 - May 30 by JackSomething

Hah, good point.

Was just thinking which other teams were heavily linked with him last summer.

I can't see him coming here, but perhaps the club are prepared to make a big contract offer to him, offset against the transfer fee we'd be paying for other strikers?

Think it was us, Newcastle and West Ham last year cant remember anybody else making a bid or him.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Gomis on 16:10 - May 30 with 4026 viewsHuw57

Isn't his agent a bit shady?

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Gomis on 16:12 - May 30 with 4016 viewsApeShit

Gomis on 16:10 - May 30 by Huw57

Isn't his agent a bit shady?

There's probably no-one come in for him or they are weak offers and the agent is trying to draw up interest
Gomis on 16:17 - May 30 with 3982 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It was in a paper yesterday that we were interested in him. I believe it was the DailyMail, too, who are as of late usually correct regarding all matters Swansea City.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 16:19 - May 30 with 3971 viewsHuw57

Gomis on 16:12 - May 30 by ApeShit

There's probably no-one come in for him or they are weak offers and the agent is trying to draw up interest

But wasn't he fined loads of money from Fortune?

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Gomis on 16:22 - May 30 with 3942 viewsSkipTheJack

Gomis on 16:06 - May 30 by Daithejack

Think it was us, Newcastle and West Ham last year cant remember anybody else making a bid or him.

I'm sure Cardiff were linked with him last summer as well.

So, long term interest..... check. Ambitious chairman..... check. Premier League club..... ah, never mind.
Gomis on 16:26 - May 30 with 3903 viewsmax936

Can't really remember much about him now, anyone refresh my memory? I think I may be mixing him up with the player that went to Dortmund, I think we were rumored to have been interested in that one also.
[Post edited 30 May 2014 17:12]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gomis on 16:30 - May 30 with 3865 viewsGiant_Penguins

Think it was newcastle with a big bid earlier, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2380457/Lyon-reject-8m-bid-New

And also this one seems to suggest that he is heading that way:
http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/bafetimbi-gomis-tweet-says-move-newcast

Also not sure that a Laudrup prospect is the way to go for Monk and the club (the same reg. Aspas whose name has been thrown around lately) think Monk needs to find his own players that fits his way. Anyway it all sounds very unlikely to me
Gomis on 16:33 - May 30 with 3830 viewsdobjack2

Sounds unlikely for a number of reasons foremost of which being the wages other clubs will offer.
Gomis on 17:15 - May 30 with 3660 viewsSwansea93

He will be replacing Remy at Newcastle I think, but I wouldnt call Mike Ashley ambitious chairman, maybe an ambitious pie eater but thats it.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Gomis on 18:51 - May 30 with 3350 viewsicecoldjack

West Ham is my guess . They like to throw a bit of cash around, cant see us paying top dollar to a striker who will be on the bench alot, we only play one up front , maybe its an option if Bony is getting sold ?
Gomis on 19:10 - May 30 with 3292 viewsGixerJack

Gomis on 16:26 - May 30 by max936

Can't really remember much about him now, anyone refresh my memory? I think I may be mixing him up with the player that went to Dortmund, I think we were rumored to have been interested in that one also.
[Post edited 30 May 2014 17:12]

I know it was only paper talk but I thought we signed Bony when this one said he wanted to stay at Lyon.
Gomis on 19:33 - May 30 with 3208 viewsswanduck

I hope we don't sign him, from what I remember last season it sounds like he has a serious attitude problem.

We weren't good enough for him and his ego last season so he can fk right off.
Gomis on 19:42 - May 30 with 3147 viewslonglostjack

Gomis on 19:33 - May 30 by swanduck

I hope we don't sign him, from what I remember last season it sounds like he has a serious attitude problem.

Yes from what I remember last year there we're problems - I seem to recall he also had problems with Lyon's management - sounds like high maintenance. I don't think he was their top scorer either. Based on what I "know" a no.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gomis on 00:03 - May 31 with 2736 viewsDyfnant

The issues seemed to all stem from him refusing to sign a new contract and refusing to move until his contract ended. Can't see us being after him unless Bony's off though, someone younger with a cheaper 'package' will be order of the day I suspect

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Gomis on 02:29 - May 31 with 2603 viewsRuDeMan1970

Gomis on 19:33 - May 30 by swanduck

This^^^. I seem to remember that he was holding out for a "bigger club" than us at the time. We don't want a player with that sort of attitude at our club and, from what I've read so far, neither does GM.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Gomis on 02:52 - May 31 with 2591 viewsHip

Bony is the only striker left in the team going into next year. What happens is he gets hurt or when he leaves for the AFCON?

But with that being said, my money would be on Newcastle because of their history with French players and the fact they REALLY need a #1 striker
Gomis on 08:48 - May 31 with 2373 viewsblaine_scfc

From what I remember, he wasn't waiting for his contract to run down, he wanted to stay at Lyon but they wanted him off the wage bill and was touted him around other clubs.
Gomis on 08:49 - May 31 with 2369 viewsMattG

Gomis on 02:52 - May 31 by Hip

Bony is the only striker left in the team going into next year. What happens is he gets hurt or when he leaves for the AFCON?

But with that being said, my money would be on Newcastle because of their history with French players and the fact they REALLY need a #1 striker

Chill out, mun - it's not even 1st June yet so the window doesn't even officially OPEN for another month.

We'll get someone else in, possibly two, to cover Bony - don't sweat.
Gomis on 09:02 - May 31 with 2330 viewsTom1912

Gomis on 16:30 - May 30 by Giant_Penguins

Think it was newcastle with a big bid earlier, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2380457/Lyon-reject-8m-bid-New

And also this one seems to suggest that he is heading that way:
http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/bafetimbi-gomis-tweet-says-move-newcast

Also not sure that a Laudrup prospect is the way to go for Monk and the club (the same reg. Aspas whose name has been thrown around lately) think Monk needs to find his own players that fits his way. Anyway it all sounds very unlikely to me

Last summer the Lyon chairman said we had agreed a fee for Gomis. The player didnt want to leave and we moved on to Bony.

If he's available at the right price we should go for it, as he'd strengthen our squad. The fact we went for him under Laudrup is irrelevant for me.
Gomis on 09:58 - May 31 with 2204 viewsouttolunch

Gomis on 19:42 - May 30 by longlostjack

Yes from what I remember last year there we're problems - I seem to recall he also had problems with Lyon's management - sounds like high maintenance. I don't think he was their top scorer either. Based on what I "know" a no.

He played 43 times last year and scored 18 . I would think he was their main striker and it also shows what ever problems they had last summer were resolved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024