Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get 08:21 - Dec 5 with 1507 viewsthomasJack

During the summer 2013 transfer window there were several reports of Cardiff City and Stoke City fighting it out to sign Nelson Oliveira on loan from Portuguese club Benfica. It was labelled a tug of war between the two clubs and a fight for a player who had been rumoured to be interesting the Manchester teams a year earlier.

Both somehow lost out and Oliveira signed for Ligue 1's Rennes. He did relatively well in France and scored 8 goals in 30 matches before returning to Benfica full of hope for the new season. The Portuguese club had been reluctant to let go of the striker, now 23 years old, permanently and so preferred a loan, but he hasn't impressed much this season and is on the edge of manager Jorge Jesus' plans.

On Thursday O Jogo newspaper claim that talks have been held with Swansea City and they reckon a January move could be on. Oliveira wants more chances to play and Swansea City would have to convince him he'd get that in the Premier League. It's likely the Welsh club would want an option to buy just in case Oliveira really impressed and it's unknown what Benfica's feelings on that would be. Oliveira was supposed to be waiting to lay them a golden transfer egg in the future.

Oliveira has a Benfica contract until 2018 and is represented by the Gestifute agency which is the company run by super agent Jorge Mendes. O Jogo sound optimistic on a deal with both clubs and the player keen to make something happen
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/swansea-city-set-to-close-deal-for-pla

Poll: Next signing

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 08:57 - Dec 5 with 1395 viewsdobjack2

I'm sure I read that he scored 7 of those in the first 10 games.
Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 09:03 - Dec 5 with 1378 viewsmonmouth

Oh no....anothe 'super agent' that'll go down well with Huw!

Seeing the cardiff connection makes me reminice though. Remember the bluster....Whitto and Noone for Englands World Cup squad (well I suppose the second one was right with a slight adjustment).

My own current favourite memory. When comaparing team sheets.

"Our Korean is better than your Korean"

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 09:19 - Dec 5 with 1329 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 09:03 - Dec 5 by monmouth

Oh no....anothe 'super agent' that'll go down well with Huw!

Seeing the cardiff connection makes me reminice though. Remember the bluster....Whitto and Noone for Englands World Cup squad (well I suppose the second one was right with a slight adjustment).

My own current favourite memory. When comaparing team sheets.

"Our Korean is better than your Korean"

Now all they can compare is ground size, but fail to mention they have more empty seats in one game, than we've had in the home end for 3 and a bit years.
At least Wales get a stadium they can fill I s'pose!
Oh and they're our capital (only 'cos no-one else in Wales could be bothered to have it. Even they were apathetic about it.)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 10:13 - Dec 5 with 1180 viewsJackhero

Us and on loan strikers has not gone well since we had Borini. His record is not that impressive either. If true maybe Garry and Huw have seen something.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 10:27 - Dec 5 with 1127 viewstomdickharry

Oliveira wants more chances to play and Swansea City would have to convince him he'd get that in the Premier League.

Love this extract from the story especially the "convince him" bit,surely the reverse applies.
Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 12:34 - Dec 5 with 927 viewssomersetsimon

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 10:27 - Dec 5 by tomdickharry

Oliveira wants more chances to play and Swansea City would have to convince him he'd get that in the Premier League.

Love this extract from the story especially the "convince him" bit,surely the reverse applies.

So, he'd be 2nd choice striker while Bony is away at the African Cup, then demoted to 3rd choice when Bony comes back. He'd better hope we are still in the FA Cup, otherwise he'll never get a game!
Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 15:11 - Dec 5 with 676 viewsMagicDaps

Would be a decent signing, decent footballer who'd score a few goals. Can't really complain with that for what will be our third choice striker for most of the second half of the season.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 15:19 - Dec 5 with 660 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City set to close deal for player Cardiff City tried so hard to get on 09:19 - Dec 5 by Dewi1jack

Now all they can compare is ground size, but fail to mention they have more empty seats in one game, than we've had in the home end for 3 and a bit years.
At least Wales get a stadium they can fill I s'pose!
Oh and they're our capital (only 'cos no-one else in Wales could be bothered to have it. Even they were apathetic about it.)

Our average crowd (20,445) this season is bigger than theirs (19,333)

When I threw that up in an argument with a Bassey in work yesterday he soon shut up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024