Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just some suggestions (Transfers) 00:00 - Jan 19 with 1188 viewsDasher89

I have gone around looking at some of the statistics and facts in some of Europe's major leagues and I have created a shortlist with 3 players : Paulo Dybala, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and Jonathas.

Paulo Dybala
Pros:- He has 10 goals out of 18 games in the Serie A, only 21 years old and costs roughly around £16-£20 million which is affordable since we just sold Bony. He can also play right winger which could be handy with his pace. He is quite skilful and is very fast and agile.

Cons:- He is only 5'10 which would mean he is quite small and might not be able to deal with the physicality of the premier league, he has recently had muscular problems.

Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting
Pros:- He has been known for his dribbling ability, work rates and has scored 9 goals out of 17 games this season, he is 6'3 which suggests that he would be physical enough for the league and is not slow, he is quite fast. He is also 25 years old and estimated around £7-£10 million. He can also play on the left or right wing which means he is a very flexible attacker. He also has no weak foot.

Cons:- He joined Schalke 04 in the last summer and he is one of their first team players which means if we are to put a bid in, we might have to overpay. Within the last 2 years, he has had problems with his knee. He has had meniscal laceration.

Jonathas
Pros:- He is 6'3 which means he will cope with the physicality of the league, he is estimated to cost around £3-£7.5 million. In the Spanish league, he has managed to bag himself 8 goals in 20 matches with Elche. He is 25 years old.

Cons:- He is currently on loan to Elche with a buying option at the end of the loan.

Poll: Wo would you rather come in?

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 00:10 - Jan 19 with 1169 viewsAquinas

Dybala is built like a stick, he could never survive playing up front alone.

Choupo-Moting is decent but why would he leave a better team, where he is playing regularly, to sign for us?

Jonathas is on loan from Pescara, if he isn't good enough for them, why would he be for us? Only last year he was playing Serie B.
Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 00:15 - Jan 19 with 1159 viewsDyfnant

£16-20M lol. This isn't the man city forum pal

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 00:19 - Jan 19 with 1152 viewsDasher89

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 00:10 - Jan 19 by Aquinas

Dybala is built like a stick, he could never survive playing up front alone.

Choupo-Moting is decent but why would he leave a better team, where he is playing regularly, to sign for us?

Jonathas is on loan from Pescara, if he isn't good enough for them, why would he be for us? Only last year he was playing Serie B.

Yes, Dybala is very thin but he has survived playing in the Serie A. I know its a whole different league but he has pace and can finish. I know this is a terrible idea to use this guy as an example but look at Oscar, he is short, but after time, he was able to adapt to the playing style of the league and is now one of the best in the league.

Choupo-Moting may not leave but would you rather know that you cant get him or wonder for years if he may have been good.

I agree with Jonathas but maybe we could unlock his full potential by playing him in the league. You are never going to get anywhere if you stay at the same club

Poll: Wo would you rather come in?

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 00:27 - Jan 19 with 1141 viewsAquinas

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 00:19 - Jan 19 by Dasher89

Yes, Dybala is very thin but he has survived playing in the Serie A. I know its a whole different league but he has pace and can finish. I know this is a terrible idea to use this guy as an example but look at Oscar, he is short, but after time, he was able to adapt to the playing style of the league and is now one of the best in the league.

Choupo-Moting may not leave but would you rather know that you cant get him or wonder for years if he may have been good.

I agree with Jonathas but maybe we could unlock his full potential by playing him in the league. You are never going to get anywhere if you stay at the same club

Oscar is not a striker and would be very ineffective as a lone striker.

No. I will not be wondering for years whether we will sign Choupo-Moting and I probably will be able to sleep tonight.

I'd rather a proven striker or someone with a track record of exceptional goalscoring (Bony, Kramaric etc). I wouldn't be happy if we signed him next week and Garry Monk said 'Yeah, we know he hasn't been that great but we thought we'd give it a go to try and unlock his full potential by playing him in a league harder than his last one where he was struggling'.
Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 01:25 - Jan 19 with 1113 viewsNookiejack

Do any of the Sassuolo players in Serie A have some top stats - as they seem to be having a diet season and you would think wouldn't cost us much?
Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 10:23 - Jan 19 with 933 viewsPegojack

Do we have to look so far afield? What about Danny Ings or Charlie Austin? Both have looked Premiership class this season despite playing for relegation candidates.

I don't know what Austin's contract situation is, but I believe Ings' contract is up in the summer and he looks to be keeping his options open. Maybe Burnley would be receptive to a bid in the 10-12 million range?
Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 10:28 - Jan 19 with 920 viewsDyfnant

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 10:23 - Jan 19 by Pegojack

Do we have to look so far afield? What about Danny Ings or Charlie Austin? Both have looked Premiership class this season despite playing for relegation candidates.

I don't know what Austin's contract situation is, but I believe Ings' contract is up in the summer and he looks to be keeping his options open. Maybe Burnley would be receptive to a bid in the 10-12 million range?

10-12 sweet Jesus

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 10:43 - Jan 19 with 887 viewsPegojack

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 10:28 - Jan 19 by Dyfnant

10-12 sweet Jesus

That's Premiership inflation for you.

I'd be happy to pay that for Ings if we could get shot of Gomis for £8 million.
Login to get fewer ads

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 10:48 - Jan 19 with 877 viewsLeonisGod

Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 10:23 - Jan 19 by Pegojack

Indeed. There's potentially a touch of the DG10s about them (good, but not quite good enough), but either would be worth a punt imo. Isn't Ings interesting Real Sociedad - can't see them spending that sort of money on him.
Just some suggestions (Transfers) on 14:36 - Jan 20 with 727 viewsOldjack

The Daily Mail are reporting that Swansea City are stepping up their pursuit of City full back, Martin Olsson and that having lodged a £4m bid over the weekend, the player has now asked to leave.

Olsson, 26, joined Norwich in the summer of 2013 and apparently wants an immediate return to the Premier League. Swansea have received a bid reported to be in the region of £4.5m for their current left back, Neil Taylor from Crystal Palace and have asked the Eagles to up their bid.

Swansea have also been linked with a £5m move for Spurs' Kyle Naughton and with all this speculation, they are clearly in the market for a full back.

There is no smoke without fire and usually when the media reports are reaching the levels we are now seeing over Martin Olsson, then it means we could be about to lose a player.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024