Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 07:57 - Feb 28 with 1663 viewsBonyBony

Whats are the thoughts on him so far?
Kyle Naughton on 08:14 - Feb 28 with 1633 viewsmarchamjack

Decent enough, a slight upgrade on a fading Rangel at this level, a PL level addition to our squad that keeps us where we are. About as I expected really from what I'd ever seen of him over the years. If we keep on signing proven PL level players like Naughton we'll be fine.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Kyle Naughton on 08:19 - Feb 28 with 1619 viewsMattG

Agree with Marcham but would go slightly further in that I see scope for improvement in Naughton. He's not afraid to go forward, looks solid enough in the tackle and decent in the air and increased game time should mean increased confidence. As he gets to know the players around him, particularly his CBs and the winger on his side, I think he could become a really good acquisition.
Kyle Naughton on 08:53 - Feb 28 with 1556 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 08:19 - Feb 28 by MattG

Agree with Marcham but would go slightly further in that I see scope for improvement in Naughton. He's not afraid to go forward, looks solid enough in the tackle and decent in the air and increased game time should mean increased confidence. As he gets to know the players around him, particularly his CBs and the winger on his side, I think he could become a really good acquisition.

Agree mostly with that. Not seen anything like enough of him going forward yet, although at this point it's hard to tell whether that's just him as a player or the way he's been instructed to operate. So far he hasn't done badly, but neither is he much of an improvement.

Hopefully there's a lot more to come from him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 09:05 - Feb 28 with 1533 viewsJackanapes

After all the scorn that was poured in his aquisition I was expecting to see somone with a raised shoe and duct tape on his glasses limping out on to the pitch. As it turns out we have a decent player even if we did pay a few shillings for him.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Kyle Naughton on 09:18 - Feb 28 with 1506 viewsmonmouth

He's certainly shown what a wonderful bargain we got with a young Rangel. Seems ok so far, will hopefully look increasingly comfortable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kyle Naughton on 09:22 - Feb 28 with 1490 viewsMattG

Kyle Naughton on 08:53 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

Agree mostly with that. Not seen anything like enough of him going forward yet, although at this point it's hard to tell whether that's just him as a player or the way he's been instructed to operate. So far he hasn't done badly, but neither is he much of an improvement.

Hopefully there's a lot more to come from him.

I'd agree that he's not much of an improvement on the Rangel of a couple of years ago but would argue that he's a decent upgrade on the Rangel of 2014/15 who, IMO, was starting to show his age.
Kyle Naughton on 09:27 - Feb 28 with 1476 viewshammy

Kyle Naughton on 09:05 - Feb 28 by Jackanapes

After all the scorn that was poured in his aquisition I was expecting to see somone with a raised shoe and duct tape on his glasses limping out on to the pitch. As it turns out we have a decent player even if we did pay a few shillings for him.

I'll admit that I was one of the people pouring scorn on his acquisition, based on his sketchy form at Spurs (and a number of brain farts that he produced with them). However he has turned out to be a solid enough defensive RB and have been impressed by his crossing abilities (e.g., Ki's goal against Sunderland). He needs to work on his inter-passing skills with the rest of the team, which I think AR is still the best option.

Another player that the Swans have helped to resurrect their career, although for a slightly higher fee / risk this time; but I suppose that's just the inflationary nature of being a solid PL team ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Kyle Naughton on 09:54 - Feb 28 with 1421 viewsjackal

He's better than I thought he'd be. Lots on here and some Spurs fans were not impressed so I'm pleasantly surprised.
He can also play left back, so it adds another option.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 10:05 - Feb 28 with 1391 viewscentrestandswan

Great cross for Ki to equalize against Sunderland a few weeks back.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Kyle Naughton on 10:16 - Feb 28 with 1367 viewsoldcob

The boys doing good.
Kyle Naughton on 11:45 - Feb 28 with 1282 viewsshandyjack

Very good so far, but not been helped my an inept Dyer playing most games in front of him or an inexperienced Barrow, needs run of games with same RW to progress further and develop good understanding

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024