Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big 18:17 - Mar 7 with 2730 viewsthomasJack

KI Sung-Yueng could be the next Swansea City player to attract interest from a Premier League powerhouse.

The South Korean has been superb for Swansea this season, begging the question why on earth he was sent to Sunderland last term.

I didn't agree with that decision at the time and his form during this campaign makes it appear all the more ridiculous.

A key figure since August, Ki seems to have taken his game to another level in recent weeks by scoring goals.

He has managed three Premier League strikes in his last five appearances, taking his tally to six for the season.

That is already a more than respectable total for a midfielder.

Ki has almost everything you need to play at the highest level so it wouldn't surprise me if top teams were looking at him.

He is excellent in possession, has a great range of passing, is good defensively and is also a physical presence.

Add an eye for goal to that you have pretty much the complete package.

Ki's scoring run has a lot to do with the arrival of Jack Cork.

That has given him more licence to go forward and attack.

The fact he was prepared to stay back and carry out a holding role in the past also shows what a team player Ki is.

Lots of players have ability, but not all are prepared to put their own interests to one side to do a job for the team.

It wasn't that Ki couldn't make the runs that are now leading to goals before, just that he was disciplined enough to hold his position for the good of the side.

It's great to see that commitment rewarded in the last few games with greater freedom to attack– and goals.

No doubt they have not gone unnoticed by the big boys.

But I'm sure Monks will be desperate to keep Ki at the Liberty.

Read more at http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/LEE-TRUNDLE-COLUMN-Swansea-City-midfield

Poll: Next signing

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 19:04 - Mar 7 with 2647 viewsmorningstar

Why are the club talking about our players in this way? Ye sure give the guy credit for his excellent performances, but it seems that everytime anyone shines theres talk about the 'big boys' being after them and possibly being sold! Strange!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 19:38 - Mar 7 with 2586 viewsScoobyWho

It's almost as if Lee Trundle has these mystical powers that none of us mere mortals have. I understand he is also predicting that the sun will rise in the morning at a magical time they call dawn.

Incredible journalism. Wonderful.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 19:51 - Mar 7 with 2563 viewsmonmouth

Honestly, I know all players are disposable assets, and also in it for themselves, but it seems that we are still seen, even by our own people as a club that just has to shovel our best players out the door as soon as possible. I honestly don't think any other club gets as much of this sh1t as we do. "Oh look, a decent Swansea player/manager...he'll be desperate to get out then." Monk will be targeted in the press next if we get over 50 points and beat Scouse, City or the Arse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 20:10 - Mar 7 with 2521 viewsmorningstar

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 19:51 - Mar 7 by monmouth

Honestly, I know all players are disposable assets, and also in it for themselves, but it seems that we are still seen, even by our own people as a club that just has to shovel our best players out the door as soon as possible. I honestly don't think any other club gets as much of this sh1t as we do. "Oh look, a decent Swansea player/manager...he'll be desperate to get out then." Monk will be targeted in the press next if we get over 50 points and beat Scouse, City or the Arse.

Your not wrong Monny. Monk might still be seen as a rookie by some but I'm talking possibly Newcastle or Sunderland would look on Monk as fair game!

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 20:19 - Mar 7 with 2491 viewslonglostjack

Well what is a bigger club Everton, Villa, Newcastle, Wolves ? Onwards and upwards and providing money doesn't ultimately corrupt - little old Swansea won't have to fear anybody.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 20:52 - Mar 7 with 2432 viewsBobJack

This would be a lot worse if Trundle was on the Swans payroll...... oh hang on.

He should not be writing newspaper column and also employed by Swans in my opinion. Either or.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 09:40 - Mar 8 with 2170 viewsPegojack

The only way to shake off this mentality is to put in an extra ten thousand seats at the Liberty.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 9:53]
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 09:50 - Mar 8 with 2152 viewsjack_obs

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 09:40 - Mar 8 by Pegojack

The only way to shake off this mentality is to put in an extra ten thousand seats at the Liberty.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 9:53]

100% in agreement there Hereford Jack. Will there ever be a more opportune time to increase the Liberty's capacity and push the club onto the next level.
Login to get fewer ads

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 11:25 - Mar 8 with 2059 views1973scott

poor content! shit headline.........and thats been published online?

a columnist like trunds should spend more than half the entire time it takes to write a piece of persuasive content on the headline

on the average five times as many people read the headline as read the copy!
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 11:45 - Mar 8 with 2027 viewsdantheswansman

Good grief , its one person`s opinion , he is perfectly entitled to it and the opportunity to have it printed .
It wont make the slightest difference in what happens . Why worry about it .
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:11 - Mar 8 with 2004 viewsoldcob

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 11:45 - Mar 8 by dantheswansman

Good grief , its one person`s opinion , he is perfectly entitled to it and the opportunity to have it printed .
It wont make the slightest difference in what happens . Why worry about it .

Personally I find it disturbing that this particular piece of conjecture should be first aired by someone connected with the club. It could put seeds of doubt in the mind of the player concerned if nothing else.
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:27 - Mar 8 with 1983 views1973scott

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:11 - Mar 8 by oldcob

Personally I find it disturbing that this particular piece of conjecture should be first aired by someone connected with the club. It could put seeds of doubt in the mind of the player concerned if nothing else.

defo - its an article with no substance

there is nothing unique or ultra-specific about that article!
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:53 - Mar 8 with 1937 viewsmonmouth

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:11 - Mar 8 by oldcob

There's not a player, coach or manager at the club that wouldn't be off at the first sniff of a top 6 contract..or a Newcastle or Everton contract, so I don't see that as an issue. The voluntary and endemic public lack of self confidence and self worth around the club is another thing altogether, pandering to the media assumptions that the only point of playing or managing at little old Swansea is to get out. We really don't need Trundle and the EP peddling this sh1t as well.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 13:11]

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:59 - Mar 8 with 1925 views1973scott

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:53 - Mar 8 by monmouth

There's not a player, coach or manager at the club that wouldn't be off at the first sniff of a top 6 contract..or a Newcastle or Everton contract, so I don't see that as an issue. The voluntary and endemic public lack of self confidence and self worth around the club is another thing altogether, pandering to the media assumptions that the only point of playing or managing at little old Swansea is to get out. We really don't need Trundle and the EP peddling this sh1t as well.

great post monmouth!
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 13:00 - Mar 8 with 1925 viewsdobjack2

Columnist states that one of our better players could be a target for clubs who could pay more and are seen to have a better chance of winning trophies. No shirt Sherlock really.

Effectively an article that says what a good season Ki has had. Could write a similar article about Fab.
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 13:10 - Mar 8 with 1910 viewsmonmouth

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 13:00 - Mar 8 by dobjack2

Columnist states that one of our better players could be a target for clubs who could pay more and are seen to have a better chance of winning trophies. No shirt Sherlock really.

Effectively an article that says what a good season Ki has had. Could write a similar article about Fab.

Give it two weeks

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 15:20 - Mar 8 with 1816 viewsadamswan

When I first read this kind of nonsense that seems to plague us it really irritates me, but when you look back at the last few years, this constant nabbing of our players/managers has only led to us improving both on the field and financially. It seems to be a model that works and keeps things fresh and new faces motivated. Long may it continue.
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 15:36 - Mar 8 with 1795 viewsairedale

I seem toi recall Huw saying that we are a selling club.

To me, if you're a well run small club with a superb scouting system, you're a selling club. Its a big part of your revenue stream imo.
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 16:57 - Mar 8 with 1742 viewsJoeSoccerFan

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 15:36 - Mar 8 by airedale

I seem toi recall Huw saying that we are a selling club.

To me, if you're a well run small club with a superb scouting system, you're a selling club. Its a big part of your revenue stream imo.

Agree. If you could supplement with a productive academy, it reduces the risk when scouting doesn't identify worthy candidates.
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 17:36 - Mar 8 with 1704 viewsmorningstar

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 16:57 - Mar 8 by JoeSoccerFan

Agree. If you could supplement with a productive academy, it reduces the risk when scouting doesn't identify worthy candidates.

Except that Huw Jenkins has never stated that we are a selling club. He has always said "We don't need too sell." One things for sure though, no matter how well run you are, how superb your scouting system is (ours isn't by the way) or how productive your academy is, if you continue too sell your best players then sooner or later, you will get relegated.

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 00:00 - Mar 9 with 1594 viewsJJJack

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 12:53 - Mar 8 by monmouth

Sorry but that is garbage Monmouth. Pardew admitted repeatedly his frustration taht Newcastle "coudn't financially compete with clubs like Swansea". He simply couldn't understand why we were able to blow the Toon out of the water to sign Bony and Gomis when he publicly stated he wanted both.
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 05:45 - Mar 9 with 1545 viewsDr_Winston

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 17:36 - Mar 8 by morningstar

Except that Huw Jenkins has never stated that we are a selling club. He has always said "We don't need too sell." One things for sure though, no matter how well run you are, how superb your scouting system is (ours isn't by the way) or how productive your academy is, if you continue too sell your best players then sooner or later, you will get relegated.

We don't need to sell yet we sell anyway, often at bargain prices.

Moral of the story is take everything anyone connected to the club says with a pinch of salt, even Lee "I'd love to play for Everton me" Trundle.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 08:13 - Mar 9 with 1487 viewsdobjack2

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 05:45 - Mar 9 by Dr_Winston

We don't need to sell yet we sell anyway, often at bargain prices.

Moral of the story is take everything anyone connected to the club says with a pinch of salt, even Lee "I'd love to play for Everton me" Trundle.

Whilst the club don't need to sell, players want to leave. They get tapped up by international colleagues, through illegal approaches etc.

The issue then is do you keep a player whose head has been turned. Sometimes we will sometimes we won't. Being fans we are not privvy to what goes on behind the scenes - what may be agreed in private with a player and the buying club.

As a club we need to be continually looking for 2 players for every position and manager as you never know what could be coming in the next transfer window.
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 11:01 - Mar 9 with 1431 viewsWantagejack

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 13:00 - Mar 8 by dobjack2

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-goalkeeper-Lukasz-Fabianski

You spoke too soon...
LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 11:06 - Mar 9 with 1421 viewsmonmouth

LEE TRUNDLE COLUMN: Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng will be attracting big on 11:01 - Mar 9 by Wantagejack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-goalkeeper-Lukasz-Fabianski

You spoke too soon...

You couldn't make it up could you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024