Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea 14:56 - Jul 5 with 4682 viewsSwan91

I've been travelling for a little while now and people always ask me "what is there in swansea" and ask if they should go sometime. I'm curious as to what you guys would say.

If you were telling people about swansea what would you mention first?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 14:57]
Swansea on 15:09 - Jul 5 with 2539 viewsraynor94

Great beach front location, Gower some of the best beaches, plus one of the best footballing sides in the country

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea on 15:10 - Jul 5 with 2534 viewsDarran

Tell them it can be a dangerous place for goalkeepers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea on 15:18 - Jul 5 with 2512 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swansea on 15:09 - Jul 5 by raynor94

Great beach front location, Gower some of the best beaches, plus one of the best footballing sides in the country

Pretty much this. I work with lots of Londoners etc who keep telling me how much they like the Gower and Mumbles etc - i was suprised they had even heard of the place. But they all rave about it..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea on 15:26 - Jul 5 with 2486 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea on 15:18 - Jul 5 by PozuelosSideys

Pretty much this. I work with lots of Londoners etc who keep telling me how much they like the Gower and Mumbles etc - i was suprised they had even heard of the place. But they all rave about it..

Say after me, Gower, not the Gower.
Swansea on 15:33 - Jul 5 with 2473 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swansea on 15:26 - Jul 5 by Treforys_Jack

Say after me, Gower, not the Gower.

Haha behave. Ive been out of the country a long time!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea on 15:49 - Jul 5 with 2448 viewsNeath_Jack

Other than the football team, absolutely f*ck all.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea on 16:03 - Jul 5 with 2412 viewsjackpot

Swansea on 15:49 - Jul 5 by Neath_Jack

Other than the football team, absolutely f*ck all.

Thats where you are wrong.
We can get anywhere in about 20 mins or so and we have access to great beaches and seafronts and also be in the countryside in 20 mins.
All sports are catered for and again can be got to quickly and quite cheaply compared to some other areas in the Uk.
As a City of approx 200,000 people we are large enough to have most things whilst still being small enough to be friendly i.e you can't tell people you may bump into to F.Off as the odds are you will see them again, unlike in London.
We can afford to buy a house here at the current prices and still live a life unlike some other areas where the prices are so expensive.
Add to this Joes Ice Cream and a Premier Football team that plays good football ....life's pretty good here.
Swansea on 17:05 - Jul 5 with 2322 viewsJackfath

I'd mention the plethora of Charity Shops, tanning salons and nail bars. More limps on the locals than one could ever believe. Lots of scruffy, smelly unkept people wandering around the city centre during the week like the walking dead. Loads of boarded up shops. Dog shit on every street. A magnificent bay which is completely and utterly undervalued by the local authority in terms of investment. A pretend jewel in the crown called Mumbles which has a large concrete area which has been derelict for alomst 40 years while nobody does anything with it to enhance the prime spot. A massive pyramid shaped greenhouse in a prime city centre spot which is a right load of guff. Loads of traffic lights which you can race off from and pretend you're in a grand prix. Rain.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea on 17:31 - Jul 5 with 2286 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea on 17:05 - Jul 5 by Jackfath

I'd mention the plethora of Charity Shops, tanning salons and nail bars. More limps on the locals than one could ever believe. Lots of scruffy, smelly unkept people wandering around the city centre during the week like the walking dead. Loads of boarded up shops. Dog shit on every street. A magnificent bay which is completely and utterly undervalued by the local authority in terms of investment. A pretend jewel in the crown called Mumbles which has a large concrete area which has been derelict for alomst 40 years while nobody does anything with it to enhance the prime spot. A massive pyramid shaped greenhouse in a prime city centre spot which is a right load of guff. Loads of traffic lights which you can race off from and pretend you're in a grand prix. Rain.

Good job there's a decent football,team or it sounds like you would be taking a rope up a tree!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea on 17:37 - Jul 5 with 2264 viewsJackfath

Swansea on 17:31 - Jul 5 by builthjack

Good job there's a decent football,team or it sounds like you would be taking a rope up a tree!

All true though.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Swansea on 17:46 - Jul 5 with 2231 viewssherpajacob

When the weathers been as good as its been recently there is no where better in the uk than pobbles or caswell.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Swansea on 17:56 - Jul 5 with 2208 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea on 17:37 - Jul 5 by Jackfath

All true though.

Yes. Some serious investment is needed in the city. Beaches west of mumbles beautiful though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea on 17:56 - Jul 5 with 2208 viewsHighjack

Has anyone mentioned Neath yet?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea on 18:05 - Jul 5 with 2182 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea on 17:56 - Jul 5 by Highjack

Nrj do a nice pannini and the hand cut chips in the roundhouse are nice 😊

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea on 18:18 - Jul 5 with 2150 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea on 17:56 - Jul 5 by Highjack

No, it wasn't part of the question.

But if it was, i'd say other than Darran, there's f*ck all there either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea on 18:21 - Jul 5 with 2141 viewsDarran

Swansea on 18:18 - Jul 5 by Neath_Jack

No, it wasn't part of the question.

But if it was, i'd say other than Darran, there's f*ck all there either.

Thank you I'm so proud.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea on 18:22 - Jul 5 with 2139 viewsCountyJim

Wife and myself stayed Friday night had a great time

Has Swansea got a higher amount of weddings going on as we couldnt get over how many wedding shops and suit hire you have
Swansea on 18:34 - Jul 5 with 2110 viewsJackfath

Swansea on 18:22 - Jul 5 by CountyJim

Wife and myself stayed Friday night had a great time

Has Swansea got a higher amount of weddings going on as we couldnt get over how many wedding shops and suit hire you have

Compared to Newport?

Swansea on 18:46 - Jul 5 with 2088 viewsCountyJim

Swansea on 18:34 - Jul 5 by Jackfath

Compared to Newport?

Compared to every City I have visited Fathy not a criticism btw just a view
Swansea on 18:48 - Jul 5 with 2082 viewsHighjack

Neath is lovely as long as you stay away from the melyn, caewern, Longford, don't go too close to skewen, fairyland, some bits of tonna, that bit of cimla where all the chavs hang out with golf clubs, etc

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea on 18:54 - Jul 5 with 2065 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea on 18:48 - Jul 5 by Highjack

Neath is lovely as long as you stay away from the melyn, caewern, Longford, don't go too close to skewen, fairyland, some bits of tonna, that bit of cimla where all the chavs hang out with golf clubs, etc

They used to do nice ice cream at Cresci's in Skewen. Still open?

Swansea on 19:26 - Jul 5 with 2015 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea on 18:48 - Jul 5 by Highjack

There's not much left
Swansea on 19:45 - Jul 5 with 1985 viewsSwanzay

Ive been in Exeter this weekend, what a nice city (from the parts I saw).
They have really utilised the River Exe, with plenty of small independent shops, Sunday Market and restaurants along the quay side along with boat trips up and down the river.
Swansea has far more to offer with the Marina, but we do none of this, the museum a shocking embarrassment and has been since its inception.
Swansea Marina is lifeless and just highlights what little thought went into by the council, yet the bastards still getting voted back in which amazes me.
Gower is such an asset but there is no denial the city itself is an embarrassment!
Swansea on 19:46 - Jul 5 with 1982 viewswhiterock

Breathtaking scenery that no other premier league club can match surely
Swansea on 20:00 - Jul 5 with 1952 viewsjack247

The beaches are what sets it apart. Premier League football I suppose, but that is easily accessible without travelling as far as Swansea. Maybe the laid back way of life in comparison with some of the bigger cities.

The city centre is tired and run down it's certainly no reason to travel here. Nothing you can't get in any other similar sized city.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024