Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings to Liverpool 11:42 - Jun 8 with 2438 viewsWxmJax

According to SkySports

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Ings to Liverpool on 12:17 - Jun 8 with 1846 viewsoldcob

I wouldn't swap Bafe for him personally. I think he might flop under the pressure he'll get at Liverpool, though I hope not, he seems a regular guy when he's been interviewed on the TV.
Ings to Liverpool on 13:00 - Jun 8 with 1761 viewsCooperman

A club of that stature should be doing better than Championship strikers on a free. They will need Sturridge to be injury free next season if Ings is to be the only new striker in through the Anfield doors.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ings to Liverpool on 13:08 - Jun 8 with 1736 viewsJackSomething

The new Fabio Borini.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ings to Liverpool on 13:11 - Jun 8 with 1728 viewsHubert

Lambert to Swansea...or Bournemouth
Ings to Liverpool on 13:22 - Jun 8 with 1688 viewsFar_Post

Ings to Liverpool on 13:00 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

A club of that stature should be doing better than Championship strikers on a free. They will need Sturridge to be injury free next season if Ings is to be the only new striker in through the Anfield doors.

I found it really strange last summer that Liverpool having just sold Suarez did not come calling for Bony when he would have been available for £18 million due to the release clause in his contract.

They instead opted for Balotelli for £16 million who had a really poor season last year.

I am not saying that Wilf is on the same level as Suarez but with Sterling, Lallana and Coutinho buzzing around him you could have guaranteed 15 plus goals from him at least which may have been the difference in them qualifying for the Champions League.

Blog: The C Word

Ings to Liverpool on 13:36 - Jun 8 with 1649 viewsJackSomething

Ings to Liverpool on 13:22 - Jun 8 by Far_Post

I found it really strange last summer that Liverpool having just sold Suarez did not come calling for Bony when he would have been available for £18 million due to the release clause in his contract.

They instead opted for Balotelli for £16 million who had a really poor season last year.

I am not saying that Wilf is on the same level as Suarez but with Sterling, Lallana and Coutinho buzzing around him you could have guaranteed 15 plus goals from him at least which may have been the difference in them qualifying for the Champions League.

Good point. We'll wait and see how Wilf does at Man City, but I don't think anyone can argue that he wouldn't have done better than Liverpool's strikers last season - 8 league goals between Sturridge, Borini, Lambert and Balotelli. Not a great return on a combined transfer fee of around £43m.

Ings to Liverpool on 13:49 - Jun 8 with 1616 viewsApeShit

Not a bad signing, worth a punt on a free transfer.
Ings to Liverpool on 13:52 - Jun 8 with 1609 viewsDr_Winston

Despite his reputation for being difficult to manage Balotelli had scored better than a goal every other game for AC Milan before Liverpool signed him. Up until this season he'd been prolific basically everywhere he went.

If Rodgers in his infinite self-confidence thought he could finally be the man to get some semblance of control over him then £16m would have probably looked like a pretty attractive deal to him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Ings to Liverpool on 13:53 - Jun 8 with 1607 viewsJackSomething

Ings to Liverpool on 13:49 - Jun 8 by ApeShit

Not a bad signing, worth a punt on a free transfer.

He won't be free. If Liverpool and Burnley can't agree a fee, it will go to a tribunal.

Ings to Liverpool on 14:00 - Jun 8 with 1593 viewsJackSomething

Ings to Liverpool on 13:52 - Jun 8 by Dr_Winston

Despite his reputation for being difficult to manage Balotelli had scored better than a goal every other game for AC Milan before Liverpool signed him. Up until this season he'd been prolific basically everywhere he went.

If Rodgers in his infinite self-confidence thought he could finally be the man to get some semblance of control over him then £16m would have probably looked like a pretty attractive deal to him.

For most teams, I'd agree with that. His form while at Man City would probably have justified a fee of around £16m also.

The problem with Rodgers and Liverpool signing him was that he was completely the wrong type of striker for their system. They play a high-intensity, quick pressing game with an emphasis on swift-moving attack and strikers with great movement.

No matter how good Balotelli is, he was surely never going to fit that brief, something which Brendan himself admitted around December last year. It was a panic buy, much like United and Falcao.

Ings to Liverpool on 14:03 - Jun 8 with 1583 viewsairedale

Ings to Liverpool on 13:52 - Jun 8 by Dr_Winston

I haven't spoken to the fly on the wall who was there at the time, so its just my gut feeling that Brodge would not have touched Balotelli with a barge pole if he'd have had any say in it.

I definately agree that £16mill would have seemed like a bargain at the time.
Ings to Liverpool on 14:05 - Jun 8 with 1569 viewsepaul

Ings under 24 so def going to tribunal

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ings to Liverpool on 14:06 - Jun 8 with 1566 viewsCooperman

Ings to Liverpool on 13:22 - Jun 8 by Far_Post

I agree and I can only put it down to Brenda not wanting to go knocking on Huw's door once again - maybe he couldn't due to some sort of clause in the termination agreement when he left us i.e. we will let you sign one player but a second is off limits. Wilf was a guy with a good scoring record in the PL, up to speed with the game in this league, and with a generally well known release clause in his contract.

If he had gone to Liverpool he would have had the monoply on the lead striker role and inevitably scored a bag full.

Ings to Liverpool on 14:07 - Jun 8 with 1561 viewsDr_Winston

Ings to Liverpool on 14:00 - Jun 8 by JackSomething

For most teams, I'd agree with that. His form while at Man City would probably have justified a fee of around £16m also.

The problem with Rodgers and Liverpool signing him was that he was completely the wrong type of striker for their system. They play a high-intensity, quick pressing game with an emphasis on swift-moving attack and strikers with great movement.

No matter how good Balotelli is, he was surely never going to fit that brief, something which Brendan himself admitted around December last year. It was a panic buy, much like United and Falcao.

Possibly he thought he could have added that "mercurial" aspect that Suarez used to, but he's definitely no grafter for sure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ings to Liverpool on 14:30 - Jun 8 with 1517 viewsicecoldjack

I think there might have been certain things out of Brendans control RE the Balotelli signing, i think FSG were looking at shirt sales and profile before taking a player like Bony who just would have banged the goals in without any stress, a crazy situation all things considered.

Bony for £19m or Ballo for £16m ? surely it's wilf every time ? there may have been bit of a stigma involved with Bony coming from Swansea too, many scousers not happy them buying from us and southamton maybe.

Some of rodgers signings here wern't great mind, so who knows what the real story is up there.

Ings will do a decent job IMO but i get the feeling that there isnt alot of money floating around at Anfield these days so it will be interesting to see just how much they spend while the ground development is taking place.
Ings to Liverpool on 16:15 - Jun 8 with 1406 viewsCooperman

Ings to Liverpool on 14:30 - Jun 8 by icecoldjack

I think there might have been certain things out of Brendans control RE the Balotelli signing, i think FSG were looking at shirt sales and profile before taking a player like Bony who just would have banged the goals in without any stress, a crazy situation all things considered.

Bony for £19m or Ballo for £16m ? surely it's wilf every time ? there may have been bit of a stigma involved with Bony coming from Swansea too, many scousers not happy them buying from us and southamton maybe.

Some of rodgers signings here wern't great mind, so who knows what the real story is up there.

Ings will do a decent job IMO but i get the feeling that there isnt alot of money floating around at Anfield these days so it will be interesting to see just how much they spend while the ground development is taking place.

And whilst they are absent from the Champions League.

Ings to Liverpool on 16:23 - Jun 8 with 1393 viewslondonlisa2001

Ings to Liverpool on 14:03 - Jun 8 by airedale

I haven't spoken to the fly on the wall who was there at the time, so its just my gut feeling that Brodge would not have touched Balotelli with a barge pole if he'd have had any say in it.

I definately agree that £16mill would have seemed like a bargain at the time.

It's funny that we all have different impressions. My impression is that Balotelli has Rodgers written all over it, as I genuinely get the impression that he believes he is a real 'leader of men' who is able to shape people as he wishes.

Ings has Rodgers written all over it as well. I think he is realising that these 'stars' are difficult (Mario, Sterling, even Stevie G) and that he may find it easier with players like Ings who will be so thrilled to be at Liverpool, they'll do whatever they're told.

I think he's a good player - top 4 player? Not from what he's shown so far in my view, but he is still young. Certainly not the sort of player though that is going to give them that spark that they so desperately need if they are going to break the top 4. If I was a Liverpool supporter, I'd be asking myself if Chelsea or Arsenal would sign him, and I think I'd answer no they wouldn't. And if they wouldn't, then why should Liverpool, if they want to get to where Chelsea / Arsenal are?
Ings to Liverpool on 17:16 - Jun 8 with 1345 viewsNeath_Jack

Ings to Liverpool on 16:23 - Jun 8 by londonlisa2001

It's funny that we all have different impressions. My impression is that Balotelli has Rodgers written all over it, as I genuinely get the impression that he believes he is a real 'leader of men' who is able to shape people as he wishes.

Ings has Rodgers written all over it as well. I think he is realising that these 'stars' are difficult (Mario, Sterling, even Stevie G) and that he may find it easier with players like Ings who will be so thrilled to be at Liverpool, they'll do whatever they're told.

I think he's a good player - top 4 player? Not from what he's shown so far in my view, but he is still young. Certainly not the sort of player though that is going to give them that spark that they so desperately need if they are going to break the top 4. If I was a Liverpool supporter, I'd be asking myself if Chelsea or Arsenal would sign him, and I think I'd answer no they wouldn't. And if they wouldn't, then why should Liverpool, if they want to get to where Chelsea / Arsenal are?

Not having a go at you here Lisa, but there were loads on here who were only to quick to rubbish Sturridge when Liverpool signed him as well.

The truth is, nobody knows how any player will perform at a given club, history proves this time and time again. Sometimes it clicks, sometimes it doesn't.

Can't say I've seen anything of Ings other than a few highlights on MOTD.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ings to Liverpool on 17:24 - Jun 8 with 1333 viewslondonlisa2001

Ings to Liverpool on 17:16 - Jun 8 by Neath_Jack

Not having a go at you here Lisa, but there were loads on here who were only to quick to rubbish Sturridge when Liverpool signed him as well.

The truth is, nobody knows how any player will perform at a given club, history proves this time and time again. Sometimes it clicks, sometimes it doesn't.

Can't say I've seen anything of Ings other than a few highlights on MOTD.

Yes - that is a fair point re Sturridge (I think Sturridge's change in attitude was ironically what made Brendan think he could change Mario).

You're right that Ings may be great - I think he may well be, but just don't think he's the spark as I said.

It's funny with him (and with Austin a bit) - when there was less pressure earlier in the season, they were flying, but when the pressure came on them, they both dropped off a bit (or seemed to at least) - particularly Ings. And Ings will be under pressure from the start at Liverpool.

I just think they need a real world class player (or a few actually) - if they had those, then someone like Ings may prove to be a good buy - without them, if he's expected to be 'it' then I don't think he's at that level.
Ings to Liverpool on 17:25 - Jun 8 with 1333 viewsswanduck

Reckon he may end up a decent signing, did a good job In a Burnley team that didn't score that many goals - will get much better service at Liverpool.
Ings to Liverpool on 17:59 - Jun 8 with 1283 viewsRancid

Only 11 PL goals all season.Looked good at the start but was soon stifled.Danny Ings isn't the answer if Liverpool want to challenge.They should have signed Bony when they had the opportunity.The difference in quality between both players is huge.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2015 18:02]
Ings to Liverpool on 18:57 - Jun 8 with 1166 viewsmonmouth

Sorry if this has been done as I've nicked it from somebody else, but apparently Brendan is stamping around booting his cat shouting 'I meant signings not sign Ings'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ings to Liverpool on 19:05 - Jun 8 with 1147 viewsRancid

Ings to Liverpool on 18:57 - Jun 8 by monmouth

Sorry if this has been done as I've nicked it from somebody else, but apparently Brendan is stamping around booting his cat shouting 'I meant signings not sign Ings'

Outstanding.
Ings to Liverpool on 19:56 - Jun 8 with 1061 viewsairedale

Yes, Oytsandin.
Ings to Liverpool on 20:57 - Jun 8 with 974 viewsmax936

Ew should be on stage Monny...................... sweeping it

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024