Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your favourite chippy in Swansea? 18:31 - Jun 6 with 10891 viewsChrisSCFC

Of the 1's in been in I'd rate the Argyle Fish Bar as top, used to be Macari's before they closed.

Very disappointed the last time I went in Rossi's they're now below average IMO.
Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 18:35 - Jun 6 with 7182 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cod Box in Clase is excellent.

Poll: Tory leader

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 18:49 - Jun 6 with 7158 viewsNeath_Jack

Hickary's in the Melyn in Neath.

Don't be so location'ist. Or could that be plaice'ist, place'ist, geddit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:00 - Jun 6 with 7127 viewsDarran

The mushy pea fritters in the Cimla one are exquisite.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:11 - Jun 6 with 7108 viewsSwanzay

Argyle Fish Bar is superb, best chippy in town by far, shame about the opening hours, by the time I get back to Swansea on a weekend they are often closed.

Love the Argyle Fish Bar
Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:18 - Jun 6 with 7091 viewsmikecranleigh

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:11 - Jun 6 by Swanzay

Argyle Fish Bar is superb, best chippy in town by far, shame about the opening hours, by the time I get back to Swansea on a weekend they are often closed.

Love the Argyle Fish Bar

Used Argyle street chippy regular during the Vetch years had a great Aunt who lived there
Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:20 - Jun 6 with 7083 viewsDarran

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:11 - Jun 6 by Swanzay

Love the Argyle Fish Bar

Who you blaming for that America isi?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:40 - Jun 6 with 7046 viewsplasjack

Roma's in morriston nice fish n chips also in Gorseinon.
Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:56 - Jun 6 with 7015 viewsSwanzay

May I also add the oldest chip shop in Swansea has recently reopened, The Park fish shop in Brynmill, opposite the Rhyddings, is a very good chippy!
Login to get fewer ads

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 21:54 - Jun 6 with 6911 viewsjackportis

Christies in eversley road used to do nice mini pasties

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 22:11 - Jun 6 with 6884 viewsbuilthjack

I got locked in Macari's in the 80s. I must have gone to the toilet and fallen asleep. I was in a gorilla suit too. Woke up about 2am and the police saw me in there. They had to get the owners to get me out. They were not happy!!!
Fair play to the police, they saw the funny side of it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 22:16 - Jun 6 with 6870 viewsjackportis

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 22:11 - Jun 6 by builthjack

I got locked in Macari's in the 80s. I must have gone to the toilet and fallen asleep. I was in a gorilla suit too. Woke up about 2am and the police saw me in there. They had to get the owners to get me out. They were not happy!!!
Fair play to the police, they saw the funny side of it.

Did u eat anything. And also rip joe macaroni for those who knew him.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 22:22 - Jun 6 with 6863 viewsChrisSCFC

Quick shout out for the Riverside St Thomas too. Went down a treat earlier.
Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 22:41 - Jun 6 with 6836 viewsTheArtChappy

Roma In gorseinon

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 23:04 - Jun 6 with 6818 viewsbuilthjack

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 22:16 - Jun 6 by jackportis

Did u eat anything. And also rip joe macaroni for those who knew him.

No, I was trying to get out!!
No mobile phones in those days

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 00:24 - Jun 7 with 6749 viewsjack_lord

Not really the best chippy but Marianos in Ystalyfera does do stunning Cod.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 09:04 - Jun 7 with 6660 viewsmysonsarejacks

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 00:24 - Jun 7 by jack_lord

Not really the best chippy but Marianos in Ystalyfera does do stunning Cod.

I'm glad this topic has popped up as I've struggled to find an 'excellent' chippy in Swansea since I've been here.

I tend to use Dick Barton's, but it is not 'excellent' so will try some of the ones mentioned on here.

Do any local chippies do battered mushrooms? I used to live in a town with an excellent chippy that did them, and they are lush.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 09:34 - Jun 7 with 6633 viewsepaul

Eaton Road circa 1981/82 outstanding, oh for the potato fritters and rissoles

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 09:37 - Jun 7 with 6627 viewsDDCH

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 19:56 - Jun 6 by Swanzay

May I also add the oldest chip shop in Swansea has recently reopened, The Park fish shop in Brynmill, opposite the Rhyddings, is a very good chippy!

That one has always been my favourite go to for a big fatboy tea. Mega chip buttie with extra curry sauce and a jumbo sausage on the side......my palate has not evolved since I was 13

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 11:54 - Jun 7 with 6557 viewsWxmJax

I judge chippys by the rissoles. Favourite is The Riverside in St.Thomas but it had a 0 or 1 food rating so not been back. Then Roma's in Gorseinon. It was Macari's opposite Oystermouth Castle ? They were my all time favourite. The one next to the shop down Port Eynon aren't bad either. Last time we were down was the first time I haven't had a rissole since I don't know how long. Any recommendations always welcome.

Let's have more proper threads like this 👍

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:10 - Jun 7 with 6430 viewswhiterock

Finigans by Asda morriston ain't bad, funny though, tried the cod box, all good but they cut corners once and I won't be back
Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:29 - Jun 7 with 6419 viewsmonmouth

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 09:34 - Jun 7 by epaul

Eaton Road circa 1981/82 outstanding, oh for the potato fritters and rissoles

Yes indeed. Now its just sh1te.

Caereithin café used to be super when I lived by it. I might be confusing quantity with quality mind. Also knew all the girls serving in there and goodness me they had some habits that now make me wonder what was in the rissoles.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:29 - Jun 7 with 6415 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:10 - Jun 7 by whiterock

Finigans by Asda morriston ain't bad, funny though, tried the cod box, all good but they cut corners once and I won't be back

Cut corners?

Poll: Tory leader

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:32 - Jun 7 with 6409 viewsmonmouth

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:29 - Jun 7 by exiledclaseboy

Cut corners?

He likes square pies

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:47 - Jun 7 with 6379 viewsunion_jack

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 11:54 - Jun 7 by WxmJax

I judge chippys by the rissoles. Favourite is The Riverside in St.Thomas but it had a 0 or 1 food rating so not been back. Then Roma's in Gorseinon. It was Macari's opposite Oystermouth Castle ? They were my all time favourite. The one next to the shop down Port Eynon aren't bad either. Last time we were down was the first time I haven't had a rissole since I don't know how long. Any recommendations always welcome.

Let's have more proper threads like this 👍

No it was Covellis in Mumbles.

Absolutely great chippie. Sadly missed.

Argyle and Riverside my favourites now, especially the Argule burst as mentioned shame about the opening hours!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 16:54 - Jun 7 with 6367 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Your favourite chippy in Swansea? on 09:37 - Jun 7 by DDCH

That one has always been my favourite go to for a big fatboy tea. Mega chip buttie with extra curry sauce and a jumbo sausage on the side......my palate has not evolved since I was 13

I practically lived in the Park Fish Bar growing up, especially when they added a couple of arcade games....I set a world record score in there on one of the games. Can't quite remember what it was now..either R-Type or a similar one.

Crackin' chip butties as well.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024