Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 things that struck me about yesterday 19:40 - Aug 2 with 5191 viewsSwanzay

We are desperate for expansion, I know plans are a foot, but yesterday highlighted the potential for future generations who I assume the vast majority are currently unable to go to games purely because of the lack of availability. It is essential that expansion happens sooner than later.

Secondly and maybe on a sour note, how the feck can a club in SWANSEA justify £43 for a small kids football tops (age 5 and lower) it is outrageous in the extreme considering there is no VAT on kids clothes.

This is something the trust need to something regarding the pricing of kits etc for kids if we are wishing to continue to being labeled as a 'model club' .

[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 19:44]
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 19:46 - Aug 2 with 2722 viewsDarran

Well I'd love to see the extension done soon but I'm not sure how it was highlighted yesterday when there was 8k empty seats.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 19:54 - Aug 2 with 2668 viewsSwanzay

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 19:46 - Aug 2 by Darran

Well I'd love to see the extension done soon but I'm not sure how it was highlighted yesterday when there was 8k empty seats.

You are a bit of the thick tw@ aint you, do you normally see that amount of kids in the west stand? Im talking about the future of the club and for the kids to 'grow' with the club, now stop trying to be an as s hole as you have nothing else to do!
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 19:59 - Aug 2 with 2644 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 19:54 - Aug 2 by Swanzay

You are a bit of the thick tw@ aint you, do you normally see that amount of kids in the west stand? Im talking about the future of the club and for the kids to 'grow' with the club, now stop trying to be an as s hole as you have nothing else to do!

Yes they just weren't in their normal seats.
Thick tw*t.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:00 - Aug 2 with 2637 viewsNeath_Jack

I paid £80 for two of the smallest shirts we produce last year for my nephews. Scandalous is right enough. Not sure if other clubs shirts are the same price, wouldn't surprise me though, football fans are a cash cow.

Easiest thing is not to buy i suppose, before some smart arse pipes up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:05 - Aug 2 with 2604 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:00 - Aug 2 by Neath_Jack

I paid £80 for two of the smallest shirts we produce last year for my nephews. Scandalous is right enough. Not sure if other clubs shirts are the same price, wouldn't surprise me though, football fans are a cash cow.

Easiest thing is not to buy i suppose, before some smart arse pipes up.

Don't buy em.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:07 - Aug 2 with 2590 viewsNeath_Jack

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:05 - Aug 2 by Darran

Don't buy em.

F*ck off.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:08 - Aug 2 with 2585 viewsSwanzay

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 19:59 - Aug 2 by Darran

Yes they just weren't in their normal seats.
Thick tw*t.

So you recon that that all those kids yesterday have season tickets in the south?

For your information not one of the families around me had season tickets (but wanted to), maybe if you were able to ask the question, stop trying to be a clever tw@!
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:09 - Aug 2 with 2577 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:07 - Aug 2 by Neath_Jack

F*ck off.

Seriously though my grandsons with his name,PL patches and number 2 because he's 2 cost £56.
I didn't have to buy it though.

Login to get fewer ads

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 2570 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:08 - Aug 2 by Swanzay

So you recon that that all those kids yesterday have season tickets in the south?

For your information not one of the families around me had season tickets (but wanted to), maybe if you were able to ask the question, stop trying to be a clever tw@!

Around you what about 5 people ?

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 2564 viewsicecoldjack

Agree with the OP here. I personally knew of around 8 kids at various ages who were only getting to watch one of their few swans games, for some it was their first. Add in the parents/grand parents, pop,crisps, food etc then IMO we as a club are selling ourselves a bit short maybe.

Having said that the bore fest on offer weren't a great advert but it's a pre season game, all the more reason to try and bring in new fans at proper games not the occasional league cup game or friendly.

It's a difficult one but I think the club are dragging their heels a little bit,granted I don't know enough info.
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:15 - Aug 2 with 2534 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:11 - Aug 2 by icecoldjack

Agree with the OP here. I personally knew of around 8 kids at various ages who were only getting to watch one of their few swans games, for some it was their first. Add in the parents/grand parents, pop,crisps, food etc then IMO we as a club are selling ourselves a bit short maybe.

Having said that the bore fest on offer weren't a great advert but it's a pre season game, all the more reason to try and bring in new fans at proper games not the occasional league cup game or friendly.

It's a difficult one but I think the club are dragging their heels a little bit,granted I don't know enough info.

Seriously? We all laugh at Cardiff but the time it took them to knock up their unused stand is admirable.

There's something radically wrong when there's no sign of it even being started.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:17 - Aug 2 with 2528 viewsSwanzay

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:09 - Aug 2 by Darran

Seriously though my grandsons with his name,PL patches and number 2 because he's 2 cost £56.
I didn't have to buy it though.

Oh look at you precious one (I can afford a top for my 2 year old grandson, look at me), you tw@!

Who the feck in the locality apart from those in a payout position or working on a living wage are able to do so? Its morally wrong!
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:18 - Aug 2 with 2515 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:17 - Aug 2 by Swanzay

Oh look at you precious one (I can afford a top for my 2 year old grandson, look at me), you tw@!

Who the feck in the locality apart from those in a payout position or working on a living wage are able to do so? Its morally wrong!

Have you got one?

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:20 - Aug 2 with 2504 viewsSwanzay

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:18 - Aug 2 by Darran

Have you got one?

Why would I?
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:25 - Aug 2 with 2479 viewsstircrazyjack

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:15 - Aug 2 by Darran

Seriously? We all laugh at Cardiff but the time it took them to knock up their unused stand is admirable.

There's something radically wrong when there's no sign of it even being started.

Potential contractors had a meeting last week at the stadium for a January start

Fairwood fabrication were invited along

Make of that what u will
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:27 - Aug 2 with 2465 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:20 - Aug 2 by Swanzay

Why would I?

You haven't got a replica shirt?

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:28 - Aug 2 with 2454 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:25 - Aug 2 by stircrazyjack

Potential contractors had a meeting last week at the stadium for a January start

Fairwood fabrication were invited along

Make of that what u will

Theo.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:33 - Aug 2 with 2413 viewsicecoldjack

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:15 - Aug 2 by Darran

I guess what I'm getting at is there must be certain problems in pushing the expansion through being s huw said 4 years ago it will happen the following season if we stay up!

The worry for me is the club is now expanding its soccer schools all over Wales and into England and Ireland but they art able to harvest the hearts and minds of the new converts by sitting them and their families in the stands at games .

This is our golden era and now is the time to expand the hard core support.

The fact we haven't either means the club is stupid (which I don't believe ) or there is a serious planning issue or a lack of willingness to divert the required money.

Maybe they are waiting for the 100 m quid from this season ? But I thought the same after the 45 m season and the 60 m season .

Others are more informed on this one though which is why I said it's a difficult one, to understand .
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:36 - Aug 2 with 2400 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:33 - Aug 2 by icecoldjack

I guess what I'm getting at is there must be certain problems in pushing the expansion through being s huw said 4 years ago it will happen the following season if we stay up!

The worry for me is the club is now expanding its soccer schools all over Wales and into England and Ireland but they art able to harvest the hearts and minds of the new converts by sitting them and their families in the stands at games .

The fact we haven't either means the club is stupid (which I don't believe ) or there is a serious planning issue or a lack of willingness to divert the required money.

Maybe they are waiting for the 100 m quid from this season ? But I thought the same after the 45 m season and the 60 m season .

Others are more informed on this one though which is why I said it's a difficult one, to understand .

Great post.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:37 - Aug 2 with 2394 viewsSwanzay

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:27 - Aug 2 by Darran

You haven't got a replica shirt?

For someone who has previously said my 'posts' are normally ignored, your obsession and desire to reply to them says alot!

You cant help yourself!
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:39 - Aug 2 with 2375 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:37 - Aug 2 by Swanzay

For someone who has previously said my 'posts' are normally ignored, your obsession and desire to reply to them says alot!

You cant help yourself!

Answer the question.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:46 - Aug 2 with 2334 viewsSwanzay

Well said ICE, its a shame this thread was highjacked by the usual obsessive one, I hope other contributors of the forum are able to freely speak on the topic.

Good to see you btw YJB!
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:51 - Aug 2 with 2309 viewssomersetsimon

For comparison, an Arsenal kid's shirt (with name, number and badge) is £64, Man Utd is £67, Stoke £48, Norwich is £53 (same as Swans).
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:56 - Aug 2 with 2283 viewsSwan91

I agree. It seems like every season the money they were planning to use toward the stadium ends up going to other things (new training facilities, new youth setup and more youth academies around Wales/Ireland).

If we manage to get into Europe (either through cup or league position) then I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium money goes towards increasing the squad to prepare for it.

The club said they wanted to buy the stadium before adding more seats right? So That will come to about £32million (buying the stadium and price of expansion). I think that's about right.
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:56 - Aug 2 with 2282 viewsicecoldjack

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:46 - Aug 2 by Swanzay

Well said ICE, its a shame this thread was highjacked by the usual obsessive one, I hope other contributors of the forum are able to freely speak on the topic.

Good to see you btw YJB!

Same here . Good to have a catch up and touch base with everyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024