Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity shops taking vinyl 14:18 - Aug 6 with 1793 viewsRosey_Repeat

I am trying to clear out some of my brother's vinyls and CDs as he has moved to America.
Lots of dodgy punk but also some nice stuff.
Is there a charity shop in Swansea where records are valued and not just pit in a 10p bin? I don't want to go through the rigmarole of selling them, just want to give them away where they might be appreciated.
Any ideas appreciated.
Ta
Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:22 - Aug 6 with 1758 viewsDull1Thomas

Oxfam in Castle Street has a decent collection of vinyl.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:25 - Aug 6 with 1751 viewsDarran

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:22 - Aug 6 by Dull1Thomas

Oxfam in Castle Street has a decent collection of vinyl.

Yes it does I was in there Sunday.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/150937/fao-scouce/#0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:47 - Aug 6 with 1718 viewsPrivate_Partz

Be carful with the vinyl. Some of it could be worth a fair bit of dosh. A first pressing Revolver for instance can go on the shelf at £60 a go.
Be charitable by all means but don't shoot yourself in the foot. Vinyl is back in vogue and big business these days. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:52 - Aug 6 with 1699 viewsGehbeHindert_Bosman

A lot of "dodgy punk" vinyl as you call it is very collectable and valuable. Might be worth googling some of the titles or looking on Discogs/Record Collector . Could be a nice little earner as Arfur used to say.

There used to be a good second hand music place on St Helens Rd - not the one with music instruments Kingsway side but the one nearest the Guildhall was in the back room of a junk shop but always gave you a fair price for rare albums and singles. Probably long gone though I'd imagine.
Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:52 - Aug 6 with 1699 viewsRancid

I sold all my PInk Floyd vinyls on Ebay and they fetched a good few quid.Sadly, for me though I sent them economy post and the guy said he never received them so I had to pay him back and lost the records.
Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:56 - Aug 6 with 1690 viewsWarwickHunt

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:52 - Aug 6 by GehbeHindert_Bosman

A lot of "dodgy punk" vinyl as you call it is very collectable and valuable. Might be worth googling some of the titles or looking on Discogs/Record Collector . Could be a nice little earner as Arfur used to say.

There used to be a good second hand music place on St Helens Rd - not the one with music instruments Kingsway side but the one nearest the Guildhall was in the back room of a junk shop but always gave you a fair price for rare albums and singles. Probably long gone though I'd imagine.

Yep. Check Discogs or Gemm (both online) first.
Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:57 - Aug 6 with 1684 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am no businessman but I reckon someone could be on to a winner by opening a decent vinyl shop in Swansea. I see them everywhere when I travel around. My daughter lives in Cheltenham and there are quite few successful outlets there.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:59 - Aug 6 with 1666 viewsDarran

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:52 - Aug 6 by Rancid

I sold all my PInk Floyd vinyls on Ebay and they fetched a good few quid.Sadly, for me though I sent them economy post and the guy said he never received them so I had to pay him back and lost the records.

I sold all my Zappa vinyl on eBay on a buy it now for £1k pick up only,they sold within an hour and three hours later the fella was here from Brum picking them up.
Gutted I did now though.

Login to get fewer ads

Charity shops taking vinyl on 15:05 - Aug 6 with 1648 viewsRancid

Charity shops taking vinyl on 14:59 - Aug 6 by Darran

I sold all my Zappa vinyl on eBay on a buy it now for £1k pick up only,they sold within an hour and three hours later the fella was here from Brum picking them up.
Gutted I did now though.

I should have done the same in hindsight and really wish I did.These were Floyd's first ever albums with Barrett on vocals circa 67/68.I'm tamping thinking about it now
Charity shops taking vinyl on 15:28 - Aug 6 with 1628 viewsScoobyWho

Any punk vinyl on riot city, no future, or distro by cherry red circa 1980 - 1985 will be worth quite a bit. Any Skrewdriver is worth loads, regardless of your politics, Cock Sparrer vinyl is much sought after too.

And poor old Arfur eh ? RIP.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Charity shops taking vinyl on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 1620 viewsRosey_Repeat

Thanks everyone for help, I'll probably use the Oxfam shop.

When I say it's 'dodgy punk' that's wjhat it is, Conflict / Anti Nowhere League / Crass / Sham 69 / Peter and Test Tube Babies - nothing that I'd keep myself, despite having lots of punk records and running my own (dodgy?) punk label, R*E*P*E*A*T Records.

So if anyone fancies any of the above (and some 90s alternative rock CDs) head down there!

Agree about the need for a vinyl shop in Swansea - I now live in Cambridge and 2 vinyl only shops have just opened there this year, and the new releases I put out have been vinyl only.

Thanks

www.repeatfanzine.co.uk
Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:00 - Aug 6 with 1569 viewsperchrockjack

Don't sell it.

There are machines now to play em..

I have a fair collection in the attic

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:12 - Aug 6 with 1564 viewsDarran

Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:00 - Aug 6 by perchrockjack

Don't sell it.

There are machines now to play em..

I have a fair collection in the attic

Nobody's interested in Cilla and Gerry Marsden though.

Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:15 - Aug 6 with 1555 viewsperchrockjack

Lol.

I liked billy j, merseybeats and the big three all from the privacy of my bedroom 200 miles away.

Like the hollies too

Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:25 - Aug 6 with 1545 viewsGehbeHindert_Bosman

Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:12 - Aug 6 by Darran

Nobody's interested in Cilla and Gerry Marsden though.

and definitely not on 78s
Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:28 - Aug 6 with 1535 viewsperchrockjack

78s. Now you re talking. Winnifred attwel at Christmas plus Nina and Frederick with little donkey.

Charity shops taking vinyl on 17:34 - Aug 6 with 1525 viewsGehbeHindert_Bosman

My mother tells me there's a few boxes of 78s up the attic somewhere. late 50s early 60s stuff. Could be some hidden gems. Now just need a radiogram to play them on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024