Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams to Everton? 17:19 - Aug 26 with 4898 viewsHidden_Hand

A mate from up that way text me today to say that if John Stones signs for Chelsea, theres talk of Ashley Williams being the player they'd try to replace him with.

They'd have some cash to spend but I still can't see us selling him as its too late in the window to replace him!
Williams to Everton? on 17:21 - Aug 26 with 4854 viewsScoobyWho

Ash and Monk have already spoken out in unison that he is going nowhere two weeks ago, he would look a right clump if that changed.

It won't happen.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Williams to Everton? on 17:26 - Aug 26 with 4834 viewsHidden_Hand

Williams to Everton? on 17:21 - Aug 26 by ScoobyWho

Ash and Monk have already spoken out in unison that he is going nowhere two weeks ago, he would look a right clump if that changed.

It won't happen.

I don't think it will happen either.

But it wouldn't be the first time one of our players/staff has said that they are not going anywhere and then f*ck off a week later?
Williams to Everton? on 17:27 - Aug 26 with 4820 viewsScoobyWho

Williams to Everton? on 17:26 - Aug 26 by Hidden_Hand

I don't think it will happen either.

But it wouldn't be the first time one of our players/staff has said that they are not going anywhere and then f*ck off a week later?

I agree 😂
But I genuinely think Ash has more about him than Andy Robinson etc and all the grass is greener folk.

Williams to Everton? on 17:42 - Aug 26 with 4750 viewsjasper_T

I'd let him go for the full £35-40m they get for Stones.
Williams to Everton? on 18:50 - Aug 26 with 4526 viewsDr_Winston

He's the wrong side of 30 so unlikely to attract the kind of offer that would tempt us into selling. At this point It's likely that he's here for the duration of his career, with the possible exception of a year or two right at the end.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Williams to Everton? on 18:52 - Aug 26 with 4513 viewsNeath_Jack

Is your mate the Everton equivalent of our Magicdaps?

Anyway, they'll probably go for that Celtic centre back i'd have thought.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Williams to Everton? on 18:55 - Aug 26 with 4499 viewsNeathJack

Williams to Everton? on 18:52 - Aug 26 by Neath_Jack

Is your mate the Everton equivalent of our Magicdaps?

Anyway, they'll probably go for that Celtic centre back i'd have thought.

Or a Wigan centre back 🙊
Williams to Everton? on 19:02 - Aug 26 with 4471 viewsblueytheblue

Williams to Everton? on 18:50 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

He's the wrong side of 30 so unlikely to attract the kind of offer that would tempt us into selling. At this point It's likely that he's here for the duration of his career, with the possible exception of a year or two right at the end.

And being the wrong side of 30, his eyes won't be on a large signing on fee for what would potentially be his last major contract. Not at all.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

Williams to Everton? on 19:09 - Aug 26 with 4431 viewsLeonisGod

Williams to Everton? on 19:02 - Aug 26 by blueytheblue

And being the wrong side of 30, his eyes won't be on a large signing on fee for what would potentially be his last major contract. Not at all.

He's not going anywhere. There's more to being successful and happy than money, as you've recently found out yourselves
Williams to Everton? on 19:18 - Aug 26 with 4401 viewsDr_Winston

If that was his interest then he kinda f*cked himself over by signing a new contract last summer Bluey.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Williams to Everton? on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 4391 viewsNeathJack

And the only way he would be allowed to leave is if he requested a transfer meaning that he would give up the remainder of the signing on fee still due to him from his last contract renewal with us.

Can't see why at this stage in his career he would want to take a step back by joining Everton anyway, especially seeing as Martinez couldn't organise a defence if his managerial career depended on it...
Williams to Everton? on 06:51 - Aug 27 with 4029 viewsTownhill_Hilton

The way the club is now unless the money is huge I can't see any club worth moving for. If it is Man City or Chelsea it is to sit on bench and we are not that far away from being as good as the others certainly any out of the top six and we can match Manure Ares Spurs and Liverpool more often than not. The others are dreaming
Williams to Everton? on 07:10 - Aug 27 with 3995 viewsPhil_S

Roberto was quite clear on this last night after the Barnsley game

“We will reject it in the morning,” he said of Stones' transfer request.

The situation with John is very clear

"We care about him, we will protect him and give him everything we can to allow him to enjoy his football. During this tough period, we are going to be there for him.

“We have great ambition, great desire and great plans for John.

“We've got to a point now, in life and in football, where money can't buy everything. That's going to be a very strong statement from Everton; we want to be a winning side, and clearly John is a big part of the future.

“We care about him, we will protect him and give him everything we can to allow him to enjoy his football

“During this tough period, we are going to be there for him.

“We have great ambition, great desire and great plans for John.”

So there you have it, based on Roberto's track record Stones should make his Chelsea debut at the weekend

This post has been edited by an administrator
Williams to Everton? on 07:30 - Aug 27 with 3957 viewsLandore_Jack

Listened to Talksport earlier. The reporter said Everton would need to replace two centre backs should Stones leave for Chelsea. Apparently, they need to replace Sylvain Distin who left for Bournemouth at the start of the season. The Daily Mail claims they have bid for Federico Fazio:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3210710/Everton-bid-5m-Tottenh

#backtojack

Williams to Everton? on 07:53 - Aug 27 with 3901 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bluey, Everton are probably less able to offer him what we could these days. Everton have been skint for a long time and Kenwright is no Abramovic .

You are confusing our club's financial status with yours.
I'm not saying that I'd the right offer for a 30 year old plus came in that he wouldn't be sold but comparing recent history we have been slightly more successful than Everton (makes my head spin too but it is true).
Like Winnie said if it were Man City , United, Arse or Chelsea it might happen but not Everton.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Williams to Everton? on 08:39 - Aug 27 with 3779 viewsJackanapes

My mate from up that way text me to say that its a load of rubbish.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Williams to Everton? on 08:41 - Aug 27 with 3774 viewsmonmouth

“We've got to a point now, in life and in football, where money can't buy everything"

Says the man who you wouldn't see for dust if another cloob offered more money. Honestly, these people in this increasingly rancid game have no shame.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Williams to Everton? on 09:01 - Aug 27 with 3721 viewsDr_Winston

Williams to Everton? on 08:41 - Aug 27 by monmouth

“We've got to a point now, in life and in football, where money can't buy everything"

Says the man who you wouldn't see for dust if another cloob offered more money. Honestly, these people in this increasingly rancid game have no shame.

He is a particularly notable specimen though.

Williams to Everton? on 09:13 - Aug 27 with 3682 viewsScoobyWho

Williams to Everton? on 08:41 - Aug 27 by monmouth

I am actually hopeful I am around when it all goes pop.

Williams to Everton? on 12:43 - Aug 27 with 3473 viewsQuakerJack

Ash will only ever leave for CL football... Everton will not give him this.... so he won't go there

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Williams to Everton? on 14:31 - Aug 27 with 3316 viewsTom1912

Everton isn't a forward step at the moment.
Williams to Everton? on 19:40 - Aug 27 with 3067 viewssherpajacob

If ash does go, I don't think he will.

I reckon ki would do a wonderful job long term as a ball playing centre half.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Williams to Everton? on 22:52 - Aug 27 with 2922 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

you must be fishing

that comment is crazy

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Williams to Everton? on 02:54 - Aug 28 with 2831 viewsphact0rri

i dont even think Stones is going in this window. maybe in January or next year.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024