Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. 16:36 - Sep 26 with 3314 viewsJacandme

There I said it.

Our width is now non existent and as a result when the opposition condenses as anybody with sense would, it makes us completely predictable, one dimentional and so easy to defend against.

The worry for me is that this was obvious 3 games ago.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:18 - Sep 26 with 3251 viewsJackFish

Ayew offered Naughton zero support in either attack or defence today. He either needs to play as a winger or either Routs or Barrow needs to start because it's basically restricting us to attacking down the left only.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:22 - Sep 26 with 3237 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:18 - Sep 26 by JackFish

Ayew offered Naughton zero support in either attack or defence today. He either needs to play as a winger or either Routs or Barrow needs to start because it's basically restricting us to attacking down the left only.

This has been obvious all season, Ayew is just not capable of staying on the wing and or tracking back like Nathan used to.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:30 - Sep 26 with 3210 viewsOldjack

We looked very good in our first four games plenty of pace and imagination ,where's it gone ? i ask you

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:34 - Sep 26 with 3194 viewskopperburgjack

Shut up, no one was crying over it when that's how we beat United home

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 19:10 - Sep 26 with 3094 viewsmonmouth

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:34 - Sep 26 by kopperburgjack

It was actually a 'tactical masterstroke' if I remember right.

It'll come right again. He does though, as a matter of urgency be clear about what Ayew is meant to contribute to the team and put him in a position to do it. He also needs to tell Sigurdsson that if he plays, every time he gets a chance on the edge of the box he leathers it at goal rather than f*cking about. That is starting to do my head in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 20:06 - Sep 26 with 3018 viewsJacandme

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:34 - Sep 26 by kopperburgjack

Because it was working then, you melt.

Teams have now had a good look at us and know how to play against the tactic, and its bloody easy to - just condense and play narrow. Job done. If you cant see that then I am shocked.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 20:35 - Sep 26 with 2983 viewsplasjack

We need a right winger in the January transfer window.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 22:22 - Sep 26 with 2881 viewstomdickharry

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 20:35 - Sep 26 by plasjack

We need a right winger in the January transfer window.

We had a right winger and a dam good one at that,sometime somewhere someone within our club made him lose any semblance of the player he once was.Nathan Dyer is now at Leicester when he should be with us.
Login to get fewer ads

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 22:29 - Sep 26 with 2872 viewskopperburgjack

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 20:06 - Sep 26 by Jacandme

Because it was working then, you melt.

Teams have now had a good look at us and know how to play against the tactic, and its bloody easy to - just condense and play narrow. Job done. If you cant see that then I am shocked.

Melt haha love that, great bant. Teams have had a good look at us? The whole 3 prem teams we have played since United? Plus we haven't even played the diamond in every game.

Funny how a little blip can cause so many people to throw their toys out their pram

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 22:33 - Sep 26 with 2870 viewsjackrabbit

Agreed. Not enough creativity in the final third. It seems to be lump it up to Gomis and see if he can hang on to it. Today there was no passing accuracy and no width on the team. For a team that gained a reputation for passing accuracy and possession when first promoted, it seems ironic to comment that we don't seem able to string 3 passes together (I don't count the passes sideways across the field at the back. They're just treading water.) and are unable to maintain possession for any length of time.

Second half there was an improvement and we started threatening their goal, although part of that was due to Saints taking their foot off the pedal having scored 3 goals. When Britton came on I said to my son "I wish Leon was 10 years younger because he never wastes a pass." He proved me right.

Any way it is obvious that Ayew does not like to perch himself on the right wing. He is a true no. 10 and the result is that the team looks unbalanced. Monk needs to sort it out because we are not as good as we were, for whatever reason. It's too early to predict much, but if I had to, I'd say we're good enough to stay up but not good enough for the top half.... at the moment.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 23:03 - Sep 26 with 2832 viewsJacandme

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 22:29 - Sep 26 by kopperburgjack

Melt haha love that, great bant. Teams have had a good look at us? The whole 3 prem teams we have played since United? Plus we haven't even played the diamond in every game.

Funny how a little blip can cause so many people to throw their toys out their pram

Absolutely. You dont think 3 games is enough time to realise that we dont have a right winger so end up only attacking two thirds the width of the field? I and others mentioned that two games ago and noted it within the first 10 mins at Watford. Maybe I should be the worlds best scout... Or just a bloke who can see what is in front of hos eyes.

It isnt a "little blip", it is a formation and style that is no longer effective and if expected, then far too easy to defend against. It stunts creative options as you are effectively using 70% of the width of the field. Rocket science it aint.

We have had our success with high tempo, stretching the opposition and then moving the ball quickly to create holes. Currently we just seem to be trying to fit square pegs in round holes just to give people game time that are too important for us to drop.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 23:43 - Sep 26 with 2795 viewsjruss1

Ayew's position was one of a number of issues today.

Shelvey was back to is old ways, strolling around. He even managed the needless yellow card when the game was lost.

Ki seemed to barely get on the ball when's the one who's supposed to give us the tempo by moving the ball quickly.

Naughton was at fault for the second goal, he gave the ball away In midfield needlessly and didn't get back quick enough to deal with Tadic's run.

Naughton just isn't good enough on the ball to play in this shape or without a winger in front of him. Too often he stops, turns around and plays it backwards.

If we are going to play with Ayew wide I'd like to us at least mix it up and have him and Montero switch sides a few times during the game.

There's too many straight-long passes up to Gomis. He struggled today but I did feel for him. He's not a forward who wants to hold it up, he prefers to run channels and play on the shoulder. Yet we insisted on firing passes up there.

I'd like to se us go back to having Sigurdsson as the team's principal play maker an have the ball go through him. Too often we just try the pass into Gomis, who doesn't then involve Sigurdsson like Bony did, or we ping it out to Montero to go one on one. It's become very predictable. Get Sigurdsson involved earlier and let him bring the wingers into play. This was very effective before we started the diamond last season.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 23:48 - Sep 26 with 2790 viewsLeonisGod

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 17:22 - Sep 26 by A_Fans_Dad

This has been obvious all season, Ayew is just not capable of staying on the wing and or tracking back like Nathan used to.

Nope, he's a number 10. Pretty obvious really. Trouble is we've already got Siggy there and I can't see Garry leaving either on the bench.
Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 10:49 - Sep 27 with 2583 viewsDewi1jack

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 23:48 - Sep 26 by LeonisGod

Nope, he's a number 10. Pretty obvious really. Trouble is we've already got Siggy there and I can't see Garry leaving either on the bench.

This.
We have 2 players trying to play in 1 available position.
We need to get back the width and passing accuracy that we had.

I'm a PhD in statin the bleedin obvious by the way!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Stop trying to make a complete midfield with 5 central players. on 14:29 - Sep 27 with 2502 viewsHidden_Hand

Like someone has previously said, it seems as if he is reluctant to leave certain players out of the first team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024