Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk still out for me. 18:13 - Nov 29 with 4591 viewsTrundle10

Toothless again. We need fresh impetuous
Monk still out for me. on 18:14 - Nov 29 with 2946 viewsthenorthbankbog

Totally agree
Monk still out for me. on 18:17 - Nov 29 with 2889 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How can Monk make players score goals?
Monk still out for me. on 18:19 - Nov 29 with 2843 viewsSgorioFruit

Monk still out for me. on 18:17 - Nov 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Exactly

Think we did ok today.
Give Monks til January and then if we havnt picked up any points then get rid. Simple as that.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Monk still out for me. on 18:19 - Nov 29 with 2843 viewsTrundle10

Better football would be a start and not the shyte he is serving up. You know. The Swansea way
Monk still out for me. on 18:20 - Nov 29 with 2812 viewsSgorioFruit

Monk still out for me. on 18:19 - Nov 29 by Trundle10

Better football would be a start and not the shyte he is serving up. You know. The Swansea way

We played well today, honestly think we would have had a point away at Anfield had we not give away a penalty.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Monk still out for me. on 18:23 - Nov 29 with 2759 viewsoldcob

Monk still out for me. on 18:20 - Nov 29 by SgorioFruit

We played well today, honestly think we would have had a point away at Anfield had we not give away a penalty.

Why does Taylor always turn his back? He should be facing with arms to his side.
Monk still out for me. on 18:24 - Nov 29 with 2735 viewsSwanzay

What I find odd, is that we dont try anything different, one trick pony, yes im happy with the improved performance, but we still persist with the same formation, after the penalty why not try playing 2 up front, Eder tried today fair play?
Monk still out for me. on 18:25 - Nov 29 with 2720 viewsMagic_Michu

That's like saying we would have won had we scored a goal and Liverpool didn't

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk still out for me. on 18:25 - Nov 29 with 2713 viewsJonTheJack

I still want him gone too.

I hope he turns it around obviously; but I can't see it happening.

I also hope we don't give him too long just because it's Monk. If we're going to get someone new it has to be before January.
Monk still out for me. on 18:25 - Nov 29 with 2712 viewsjack247

I thought we were a lot better today. Far from a vintage performance, but at least we tried to pass the ball about and the players looked like they wanted it.

No shots on target is a worry, but it wasn't the hiding I was expecting.
Monk still out for me. on 18:26 - Nov 29 with 2686 viewsJack_Kass

Today's performance/gameplan would have been the same regardless if we were 1st or 20th.

Judge him against Leicester next week, who are due a stinker.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Monk still out for me. on 18:27 - Nov 29 with 2659 viewsNookiejack

That was a good performance and don't think there are many currently unemployed managers out there - who would have motivated the players to give a better performance - especially defensively.

Defensively we looked much better without Shelvey playing - but the conundrum is and was we didn't have his through balls making ability and wonder goals offensively.
Monk still out for me. on 18:27 - Nov 29 with 2657 viewsRancid

It's a confidence issue.The whole team look like a busted flush and it's Garry's job to install the confidence back into the players.Is he doing it? Nah.
Monk still out for me. on 18:28 - Nov 29 with 2648 viewsexiledclaseboy

Leicester on Saturday may well be win or bust for Monk. One win in 13 would be difficult for any chairman to ignore.

Poll: Tory leader

Monk still out for me. on 18:30 - Nov 29 with 2616 viewsNookiejack

Monk still out for me. on 18:24 - Nov 29 by Swanzay

What I find odd, is that we dont try anything different, one trick pony, yes im happy with the improved performance, but we still persist with the same formation, after the penalty why not try playing 2 up front, Eder tried today fair play?

We got into a number of good positions but quality wasn't good enough.

Siggy's corners at the end were poor but he did run himself into the ground by that time of the match.
Monk still out for me. on 18:31 - Nov 29 with 2574 viewsDr_Winston

Monk still out for me. on 18:28 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Leicester on Saturday may well be win or bust for Monk. One win in 13 would be difficult for any chairman to ignore.

With Man City away after that it's likely to be one in fourteen.

Bit more about us today. Looked like we actually went onto the pitch with some semblance of a plan, although Liverpool look a lesser side without Coutinho.

Leicester will tell us a lot more about whether we've turned the corner or not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk still out for me. on 18:32 - Nov 29 with 2569 viewsmonmouth

I'm agreeing I think but now with reluctance. Confidence can take a while to build and if we can get through it we will be so much stronger. That may take more than a couple more games and changing might be more risky. As long as we can see continued progress obiously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk still out for me. on 18:33 - Nov 29 with 2536 viewsDarran

It's two wins in the league.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk still out for me. on 18:36 - Nov 29 with 2504 viewsjack247

Monk still out for me. on 18:31 - Nov 29 by Dr_Winston

With Man City away after that it's likely to be one in fourteen.

Bit more about us today. Looked like we actually went onto the pitch with some semblance of a plan, although Liverpool look a lesser side without Coutinho.

Leicester will tell us a lot more about whether we've turned the corner or not.

Leicester is really set up as a shit or bust game. Agree with most of the comments on here, he may get a stay of execution with a point and a performance. Play like we did today and we will have a chance.
Monk still out for me. on 18:36 - Nov 29 with 2503 viewsjojaca

We were better today, the performance has earned him another game at Leicester. Our passing game was better without Shelvey. We still look toothless going forward, but negative containing tactics does not help. Would be nice to let the players just go out and play they're natural game.

Even when you know, you never know?

Monk still out for me. on 18:39 - Nov 29 with 2448 viewsNookiejack

Monk still out for me. on 18:36 - Nov 29 by jojaca

We were better today, the performance has earned him another game at Leicester. Our passing game was better without Shelvey. We still look toothless going forward, but negative containing tactics does not help. Would be nice to let the players just go out and play they're natural game.

I really don't think Bartley can play our passing game - he is very uncomfortable passing out from the back.
Monk still out for me. on 18:41 - Nov 29 with 2426 viewsOldjack

If we carry on playing like we did today and we did deserve a draw at least ,a draw against Leicester will keep him in a job i think, plus even a loss against Citeh who like today most thought we were going to get battered ,after that it will be the chop if we lose

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk still out for me. on 18:48 - Nov 29 with 2342 viewsicecoldjack

Monk still out for me. on 18:27 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

That was a good performance and don't think there are many currently unemployed managers out there - who would have motivated the players to give a better performance - especially defensively.

Defensively we looked much better without Shelvey playing - but the conundrum is and was we didn't have his through balls making ability and wonder goals offensively.

His through balls dried up a while back and IMO Jonjo makes us a lot slower overall.

If we get back to our passing like we did well at times today then the chances will come for us, leon and routs are both feeling their way back in, siggy being the man in control will also need slight re adjustment.

I don't think we are far away TBH. If we control the ball i think we will create, the movement off the ball with routs,naughton,siggy and leon was alot better today, we played some one touch stuff and worked our way into space .

Jonjo is perfect for the last 20 mins IMO . He has good qualities but has never looked comfortable playing the short quick passing game. Ki,siggy and/or leon/ cork are more natural at moving it in tight spaces, same with routs .
Monk still out for me. on 18:49 - Nov 29 with 2336 viewsjack247

Monk still out for me. on 18:39 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

I really don't think Bartley can play our passing game - he is very uncomfortable passing out from the back.

Bartley is not suited it, Shelvey is not suited to it, neither of our strikers are (though I was impressed by how they put themselves about today) and I'm not convinced Montero can adapt his game, think he could be good at it if he started playing with his head up.

Monk has a big job to get those players playing that way, if HJ is insisting on it.
Monk still out for me. on 18:49 - Nov 29 with 2329 viewsmichumagic9

I'm still with him. At least give him till January and if the poor run continues bring in an experienced manager so he can make some transfers and has enough time to settle. In my eyes Brendan Rodgers would be the perfect replacement.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 18:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024