Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 13:40 - Dec 9 with 20425 viewsLohengrin

1955:
"The lasting bequest we give to our children is roots."
Goethe

2015:
"The Turcoman hath left his herd."
Lord Byron

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 13:54 - Dec 9 with 6528 viewsperchrockjack

We ve been enriched lol, apparently.

Shame we shoved our noses into their countries in the first place.

Chickens are now roosting

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 14:31 - Dec 9 with 6495 viewsdailew

You should welcome multiculturalism you wacist.

Look at that second picture where all cultures are mixing together. Wonderful.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 14:32 - Dec 9 with 6492 viewsPegojack

So they've had a change of school uniform, so what?
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 14:45 - Dec 9 with 6474 viewsdailew

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 14:32 - Dec 9 by Pegojack

Cos that is the only thing that will have changed.

Guess how many of these 60 girls believe in evolutuon.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 14:45]

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:00 - Dec 9 with 6451 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 14:32 - Dec 9 by Pegojack

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:09 - Dec 9 with 6429 viewsperchrockjack

Everthing is beautiful in its own way.

Aye, turgid tripe

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:23 - Dec 9 with 6415 viewsLord_Bony

So which school was that second photo taken then?

To me it looks like a Muslim school or mosque where they are teaching young Muslim women something or other? The prayer mats give it away a bit.

The only reason I'm asking for credence on this is that the thickies out there seem to think it's just an ordinary,regular,typical girl school of Manchester.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:27 - Dec 9 with 6405 viewsperchrockjack

It would be the case in Manningham Bradford.

Good to see our Wirral grammar schools having school masters in those gowns.
LADIES TOO

Login to get fewer ads

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:33 - Dec 9 with 6394 viewsdailew

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:23 - Dec 9 by Lord_Bony

To me it looks like a Muslim school or mosque where they are teaching young Muslim women something or other? The prayer mats give it away a bit.

The only reason I'm asking for credence on this is that the thickies out there seem to think it's just an ordinary,regular,typical girl school of Manchester.

Manchester Islamic High School for Girls.

Photo has a fail link.

Reckon it's lifted from this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3352454/Devout-Christian-great-grandmoth

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:41 - Dec 9 with 6380 viewsHidden_Hand

Oh right so its completely different schools?

The second one is an Islamic religious school for girls?

Am I missing something here.
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:42 - Dec 9 with 6377 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:41 - Dec 9 by Hidden_Hand

Oh right so its completely different schools?

The second one is an Islamic religious school for girls?

Am I missing something here.

Same school building.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:43 - Dec 9 with 6376 viewslondonlisa2001

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:00 - Dec 9 by Lohengrin

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Oh, I disagree.

I think that those who only see a distorted truth are much more blind.

You have shown a picture from the Manchester Islamic School for Girls to try to stir up hatred and to try to demonstrate that they don't try to mix with 'us'.

If you wanted to show a more balanced view of the school mixing in with the rest of the Manchester population you could easily have chosen others.

The girls from the school on a trip to see Man Utd play at Old Trafford:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12196335_681072705327

Or you could show the girls from the school on their way to visit the European parliament in Brussels to learn about the EU and Britain's role in the EU:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12107092_677760725658

Or you could have referenced the talk they received on November 9th of this year, where, and I quote from their own feed:

"Pupils listen to Jahan Mahmood, a Birmingham researcher, explaining the role that Muslims played for Britain and its allies during World War 2.
Many Muslims in Albania in particular, died trying to protect the Jews from the Nazis.
"There were 2.5 million Indians who fought in the war of which 600,000 were Muslim soldiers."

The problem with racists is that they are selective. This is a private school for Moslem girls and it is fairly obvious that it is not going to show a diverse section of the population.

One could equally show a picture from a private CofE establishment and you wouldn't see any diversity there either.

I disagree with faith schools - I believe that they don't represent modern society. But do everyone a favour and stop pretending that things are what they are not. That sort of disinformation does no one any good at all.
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:46 - Dec 9 with 6372 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:43 - Dec 9 by londonlisa2001

Oh, I disagree.

You have shown a picture from the Manchester Islamic School for Girls to try to stir up hatred and to try to demonstrate that they don't try to mix with 'us'.

If you wanted to show a more balanced view of the school mixing in with the rest of the Manchester population you could easily have chosen others.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12196335_681072705327

Or you could show the girls from the school on their way to visit the European parliament in Brussels to learn about the EU and Britain's role in the EU:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12107092_677760725658

Or you could have referenced the talk they received on November 9th of this year, where, and I quote from their own feed:

"Pupils listen to Jahan Mahmood, a Birmingham researcher, explaining the role that Muslims played for Britain and its allies during World War 2.
Many Muslims in Albania in particular, died trying to protect the Jews from the Nazis.
"There were 2.5 million Indians who fought in the war of which 600,000 were Muslim soldiers."

The problem with racists is that they are selective. This is a private school for Moslem girls and it is fairly obvious that it is not going to show a diverse section of the population.

One could equally show a picture from a private CofE establishment and you wouldn't see any diversity there either.

I disagree with faith schools - I believe that they don't represent modern society. But do everyone a favour and stop pretending that things are what they are not. That sort of disinformation does no one any good at all.

It represents population displacement, Lisa. As such it is perfectly accurate. Now you are perfectly free to think that's fine, there are others who would lament the passing of a nation.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:50 - Dec 9 with 6362 viewsHidden_Hand

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:43 - Dec 9 by londonlisa2001

Oh, I disagree.

Great post.

End of this car crash of a thread.
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:55 - Dec 9 with 6351 viewsLord_Bony

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:46 - Dec 9 by Lohengrin

It represents population displacement, Lisa. As such it is perfectly accurate. Now you are perfectly free to think that's fine, there are others who would lament the passing of a nation.

So you are comparing an old photo of a Manchester school of the 50s to a modern day Muslim school for women that is no part of the British regular school curriculum....

I still don't understand the point you are making?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:00 - Dec 9 with 6343 viewsPegojack

Oh, I disagree.

Excellent post.

And for the OP's information, I am against ALL religion having a role in providing education, be it Islam, C of E, Catholic, Jewish., Mormon, Church of the Holy Vegetable Collanders, or whatever.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 16:02]
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:01 - Dec 9 with 6340 viewsdailew

Oh, I disagree.

Just for balance here's an ordinary comprehensive school in East Londonistan.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 16:07]

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:01 - Dec 9 with 6339 viewslondonlisa2001

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:46 - Dec 9 by Lohengrin

No Lohengrin, it's not accurate.

And yes, there is population displacement. As I said in a thread yesterday, that has been caused by people like the young people in the first picture you showed (a) not having enough kids that pay into the system to support them and (b) not being prepared to accept a reduction in either standard of living or provision of a welfare state.

That has meant the young girls who attend the Islamic school's parents being brought here to support the pensions and healthcare provisions of the 1955 pupils.

And since it is a private Islamic school, with quite high fees, the reality is that some of the kids in your second pic probably have parent that are the surgeons that have saved the lives of some of the kids in your first pic.
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:05 - Dec 9 with 6328 viewslondonlisa2001

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:01 - Dec 9 by dailew

Just for balance here's an ordinary comprehensive school in East Londonistan.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 16:07]

show a picture of a comprehensive school in a rural part of the UK and it would be completely white.

Tell you what though - look at the flags they are waving, and look how thrilled they are to se Michelle Obama.

Rather undermines your 'they don't fit in and support our culture' point don't you think?
A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:06 - Dec 9 with 6325 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:55 - Dec 9 by Lord_Bony

So you are comparing an old photo of a Manchester school of the 50s to a modern day Muslim school for women that is no part of the British regular school curriculum....

I still don't understand the point you are making?

Yes. Yes I was comparing a Manchester school photograph from 1955 to a Manchester school photograph from 2015. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

You interpret it as is your wont.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:17 - Dec 9 with 6309 viewsLord_Bony

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:06 - Dec 9 by Lohengrin

Yes. Yes I was comparing a Manchester school photograph from 1955 to a Manchester school photograph from 2015. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

I also find faith schools of any denomination distasteful and divisive.

Nevertheless they are private schools whereby the pupils are normally educated to a very high standard with much better academic qualifications than regular state schools.

The fees are astronomical and paid privately....no strain on the British taxpayer.

Now if that was a typical class in a typical school you would have my full support...but it's not it's just inciting hatred I'm afraid.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:38 - Dec 9 with 6286 viewsLohengrin

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:01 - Dec 9 by londonlisa2001

No Lohengrin, it's not accurate.

And yes, there is population displacement. As I said in a thread yesterday, that has been caused by people like the young people in the first picture you showed (a) not having enough kids that pay into the system to support them and (b) not being prepared to accept a reduction in either standard of living or provision of a welfare state.

That has meant the young girls who attend the Islamic school's parents being brought here to support the pensions and healthcare provisions of the 1955 pupils.

And since it is a private Islamic school, with quite high fees, the reality is that some of the kids in your second pic probably have parent that are the surgeons that have saved the lives of some of the kids in your first pic.

You can't do that. You can't start your reply by saying it wasn't accurate then in the second sentence agree.

As for the main thrust of your argument it's the same thesis I hear propounded time and again and I simply don't accept it. Are we really to believe that unless vast numbers of migrants are imported from backward countries then we are to starve to death in our dotage? I was leafing through the recently published McGuiness report on UK unemployment and when you look at the percentage stats for ethnic minorities it doesn't make for comfortable reading, yet still they come. Not in their tens, not in their hundreds, not in their thousands nor tens of thousands but by their hundreds of thousands.

The old maxim states that you don't reinforce failure. Here we actively celebrate it.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:53 - Dec 9 with 6260 viewsGowerjack

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 15:23 - Dec 9 by Lord_Bony

Like DGT you mean...?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:00 - Dec 9 with 6246 viewsdailew

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:05 - Dec 9 by londonlisa2001

show a picture of a comprehensive school in a rural part of the UK and it would be completely white.

Tell you what though - look at the flags they are waving, and look how thrilled they are to se Michelle Obama.

Rather undermines your 'they don't fit in and support our culture' point don't you think?

A school full of indigenous kids. How awful Can't have that. At least it won't be like that for long.

Waving flags given to you for a photo opportunity with one of the most famous women in the world does not make them integrated.

As the current rate London will be majority Muslim sometime in the 2040s.

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 17:03 - Dec 9 with 6222 viewsGowerjack

A tale of two Manchester school photos: 1955 - 2015 on 16:06 - Dec 9 by Lohengrin

Come on Loh your're usually better than this.

Have you been down the club for a couple of Christmas sherries with the lads?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024