Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wing Back Substitutions - what's the point?? 12:22 - Feb 14 with 410 viewsAussieSwan

Why oh why do we keep subbing off one LB/RB for another? When we're chasing the game I just cannot understand it, particularly when guys like Fer, Barrow and Montero aren't getting a proper run

Subbing Naughton on for Rangel is not going to be the catalyst to spark a comeback when we're trailing... If we were subbing them off for another attacker and reverting to a 3-man defence, I could understand that. But I can't think of many teams that regularly do a wingback for wingback swap.

The only possible reason I could think is that maybe the coaches want to counter the attacking substitutions made by other teams? By having a fresh defender to combat a fresh attacker? If so, that's a very negative approach to have.

Personally I think Taylor and Rangel need replacing in the summer. If the coach doesn't have faith to play them for 90 minutes I think that says a lot.

Just my opinion and I know not everybody will agree.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2016 13:06]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Wing Back Substitutions on 12:32 - Feb 14 with 398 viewsvetchonian

Tayls was subbe once at WBA where he's was having a mare ,Rangel cannot survive 90 mins in the role we expect of him,I think it's time to start with Naughton keep Rangel on the bench.
I agree we need to look for full backs and canter backs in the summer

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024