Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Townsend ??????????? 06:55 - May 19 with 4042 viewsSwaneeRiver

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-linked-Championship-trio/st
Of the three, I'd love to see him here but would he come and if so how much ?
Townsend ??????????? on 07:40 - May 19 with 2884 viewsSwansNZ

I thought he had an £8 million release clause, but that might just have been media bull.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Townsend ??????????? on 07:46 - May 19 with 2851 viewsLeonisGod

Grrr. What's the point of having Guido here with his connections if Huw won't let him hold the shopping basket? Same old, same old.
Townsend ??????????? on 08:25 - May 19 with 2729 viewsDewi1jack

Townsend ??????????? on 07:46 - May 19 by LeonisGod

Grrr. What's the point of having Guido here with his connections if Huw won't let him hold the shopping basket? Same old, same old.

This.
Our board should go off Guido's shopping list.
Although wouldn't mind Redmond and Townsend here, if the board have to go shopping
I'm not sure if i rate Hoilett just above or below TabaBigMacand fries. Personally I think I'd leave him rot at QPhaha

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Townsend ??????????? on 08:26 - May 19 with 2723 viewsshandyjack

Townsend ??????????? on 08:25 - May 19 by Dewi1jack

This.
Our board should go off Guido's shopping list.
Although wouldn't mind Redmond and Townsend here, if the board have to go shopping
I'm not sure if i rate Hoilett just above or below TabaBigMacand fries. Personally I think I'd leave him rot at QPhaha

Maybe Redmond and Townsend are on his shopping list?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Townsend ??????????? on 08:54 - May 19 with 2650 viewsDewi1jack

Townsend ??????????? on 08:26 - May 19 by shandyjack

Then his shopping list isn't too shabby and the board should just sign players he wants- providing the deals can be done within reason.
Needing a Hoilett can't be on any buggers shopping list even if it's buy one get one free

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Townsend ??????????? on 09:01 - May 19 with 2621 viewswaynekerr55

Townsend ??????????? on 08:26 - May 19 by shandyjack

Redmond would be different gear with us

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Townsend ??????????? on 11:07 - May 19 with 2429 viewsjack247

We seem to be linked with a lot of wingers. Unless he is planning big changes, I'd think it's one of the areas we are pretty solid.
Townsend ??????????? on 11:35 - May 19 with 2351 viewsjasper_T

Townsend ??????????? on 11:07 - May 19 by jack247

We seem to be linked with a lot of wingers. Unless he is planning big changes, I'd think it's one of the areas we are pretty solid.

None of our wingers are good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Townsend ??????????? on 11:37 - May 19 with 2348 viewsKerouac

We need 8 HG players in the squad....2/3 more than that if we want to retain flexibility
e.g. in an emergency relegation situation during a January transfer window.

We need HG players who are good enough to contribute to the first team, players that we can rely on.

Some of our HG players are coming to the end of their time with us; Leon, Routledge, Ash, Dyer.

Some of our HG players have question marks regarding their ability to cut it; Taylor, Naughton, Bartley.

One of our HG players is a transfer target for bigger clubs; Siggy

Some of our youngsters might come through, some will not; Kingsley, Fulton, Gorre, Shepherd, King etc.

I've only got Jack Cork down as someone who we know is good enough and is unlikely to leave over the next 3/4 seasons.

This IMO is why we need to seize opportunities to sign players like Nathan Redmond when they present themselves.
If Townsend is available at a reasonable price why not both.

Sell Dyer and Emnes, replace with Townsend and Redmond.
We would end up with younger wingers who could contribute more to the 1st team and 1 more HG player than we already have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Townsend ??????????? on 11:46 - May 19 with 2318 viewsBatterseajack

Townsend ??????????? on 11:37 - May 19 by Kerouac

We need 8 HG players in the squad....2/3 more than that if we want to retain flexibility
e.g. in an emergency relegation situation during a January transfer window.

We need HG players who are good enough to contribute to the first team, players that we can rely on.

Some of our HG players are coming to the end of their time with us; Leon, Routledge, Ash, Dyer.

Some of our HG players have question marks regarding their ability to cut it; Taylor, Naughton, Bartley.

One of our HG players is a transfer target for bigger clubs; Siggy

Some of our youngsters might come through, some will not; Kingsley, Fulton, Gorre, Shepherd, King etc.

I've only got Jack Cork down as someone who we know is good enough and is unlikely to leave over the next 3/4 seasons.

This IMO is why we need to seize opportunities to sign players like Nathan Redmond when they present themselves.
If Townsend is available at a reasonable price why not both.

Sell Dyer and Emnes, replace with Townsend and Redmond.
We would end up with younger wingers who could contribute more to the 1st team and 1 more HG player than we already have.

Sorry if i'm being a bi thick, but what is a HG player?
Townsend ??????????? on 11:48 - May 19 with 2301 viewsoldcob

Townsend ??????????? on 11:46 - May 19 by Batterseajack

Home grown I assume.
Townsend ??????????? on 11:49 - May 19 with 2299 viewsmax936

Either it's HOME GROWN or its Huw Genkins

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Townsend ??????????? on 11:50 - May 19 with 2290 viewsairedale

You're not being thick at all. A HG player is the same as a TQ player.
Townsend ??????????? on 11:59 - May 19 with 2266 viewsjasper_T

We don't need homegrown players in any practical sense. Read the rules.
Townsend ??????????? on 12:10 - May 19 with 2228 viewsKerouac

Townsend ??????????? on 11:59 - May 19 by jasper_T

We don't need homegrown players in any practical sense. Read the rules.

What on earth are you on about.
Every Prem squad of 25 registered players needs to have 8 of them homegrown (Have trained and been registered with a club in the English system for 3 years or more before the age of 21).

Townsend ??????????? on 12:16 - May 19 with 2197 viewsjasper_T

Townsend ??????????? on 12:10 - May 19 by Kerouac

What on earth are you on about.
Every Prem squad of 25 registered players needs to have 8 of them homegrown (Have trained and been registered with a club in the English system for 3 years or more before the age of 21).

'Need' is entirely the wrong word.

Every transfer window each team is allowed to register a MAXIMUM of 25 players, 8 of which must be homegrown. They do not have to register 25 players. They do not have to register 8 homegrown players.

If we wanted we could register 17 without any homegrown players and be fine playing them and some u21s (which don't need to be registered at all). Without midweek European commitments there is no pressing need to maintain a full squad of 25 plus youth options.
Townsend ??????????? on 12:19 - May 19 with 2184 viewsKerouac

Townsend ??????????? on 12:16 - May 19 by jasper_T

'Need' is entirely the wrong word.

Every transfer window each team is allowed to register a MAXIMUM of 25 players, 8 of which must be homegrown. They do not have to register 25 players. They do not have to register 8 homegrown players.

If we wanted we could register 17 without any homegrown players and be fine playing them and some u21s (which don't need to be registered at all). Without midweek European commitments there is no pressing need to maintain a full squad of 25 plus youth options.

I don't believe you.
Why isn't any other Prem clubs doing that to save costs?
Can you name me one club who is doing that?

Townsend ??????????? on 12:22 - May 19 with 2173 viewsjasper_T

Over the last two registration periods Swansea City have used 27 players, two of which qualified as under 21 (Grimes and Kingsley).

Of registered players, Jonjo, Dyer and Eder only played in the pre-Jan period. Fer and Paloschi only played in the post-Jan period, The 27 also includes vital players like Emnes and Fulton.

12 of them are homegrown going into next season.
Townsend ??????????? on 12:22 - May 19 with 2165 viewsjasper_T

Townsend ??????????? on 12:19 - May 19 by Kerouac

I don't believe you.

You don't need to believe me. Just read the rules.
Townsend ??????????? on 12:27 - May 19 with 2154 viewsjasper_T

Last season Arsenal registered 7 homegrown players. Chelsea registered 5. Man City 3 (4 including Richard Wright).

These are teams that play a lot more games than us, and need bigger squads.

We registered Alfei and Lucas last year. What was that about?
[Post edited 19 May 2016 12:30]
Townsend ??????????? on 12:31 - May 19 with 2135 viewsKerouac

Townsend ??????????? on 12:22 - May 19 by jasper_T

You don't need to believe me. Just read the rules.

Here they are, explained; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3162269/Raheem-Sterling-s-Manchester-Ci

So if you only have 5 homegrown players you must reduce your squad of registered Over-21 players accordingly....so you are then only allowed a squad of 22.

Foreign players over the age of 21 must never exceed 17.

So the less homegrown players you have the smaller the squad and the more at a disadvantage you are.....unless you are the likes of Man City and Chelsea who can spend fortunes stocking the U-21s with the worlds best talent.

Once again, if we don't replace our ageing HG players we will have to run with smaller squads and play our U-21s wherever necessary.
This is why the prices on HG players are vastly inflated.....because if you don't have at least 8 (over 21) in the squad, who are good enough to contribute, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Townsend ??????????? on 12:41 - May 19 with 2076 viewsshandyjack

Townsend ??????????? on 12:19 - May 19 by Kerouac

I don't believe you.

no one does it as it's impractical, but it's 100% accurate that it can be done as he states

Poll: Expectation for the season

Townsend ??????????? on 12:45 - May 19 with 2067 viewsjasper_T

The reduced squad size is not a meaningful or even noticeable disadvantage to teams that only play a standard domestic calendar.

In the Jan-May period we have used 21 registered players including Emnes and Fulton. Being a few players short of the 8 is not a problem for us.
Townsend ??????????? on 13:05 - May 19 with 2010 viewssully49

It's not the silly season now and we will hear even more possible/probable/definite aquisations over the next few weeks. One thing that is an absolute though is it isn't going to be cheap. IMHO we won't make money from our sale of players, unless some of our more valuable ones leave, against the calibre, and cost, of players we need to enhance our squad.
We need to have a healthy budget and need to spend money wisely but be prepared to bite the bullet if needed to get our target. We must learn from last season and decide what we want to achieve next.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Townsend ??????????? on 13:14 - May 19 with 1982 viewsJoe_bradshaw

So much depends on the Americans and how they propose to strike the balance between spending enough to stay in the Premier League whilst turning a profit which enables them to take money out of the club for themselves.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024