Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker 22:51 - Apr 4 with 4836 viewsbonymine

Steve Potter
Wyndham Evans, Eddie May, George Smith, Danny Bartley
Pat Lally, George Smith, Robbie James,
Mickey Coway, Alan Curtis, Jeremy Charles

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:57 - Apr 4 with 2325 viewsjack_lord

That might have been the team for my first game too.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:02 - Apr 4 with 2302 viewsKilkennyjack

Thanks for that. Pat Lally could play a bit. Was George Smith picked twice a lot that season. :-)

Beware of the Risen People

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:03 - Apr 4 with 2300 viewsowainglyndwr

Was you a teenager or a kid then. I am on my 37th year has a supporter attending matches
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:05 - Apr 4 with 2298 viewsbonymine

Between 1974 and 1978 before Tosh took over we had a great team under Harry Griffiths........he laid the foundations for Toshack to develop his side with his 'Anfield Boys Tommy Smith & Ian Callaghan...............

Remember the Ardiles tackle OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH Tommy Tommy SMITH

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:11 - Apr 4 with 2284 viewsbonymine

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:57 - Apr 4 by jack_lord

That might have been the team for my first game too.

Remember March 1978 and Roger Evans singing the Swansea City song on the pitch before Watford game....Elton John look out !!!!!

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:12 - Apr 4 with 2280 viewsJoe_bradshaw

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:05 - Apr 4 by bonymine

Between 1974 and 1978 before Tosh took over we had a great team under Harry Griffiths........he laid the foundations for Toshack to develop his side with his 'Anfield Boys Tommy Smith & Ian Callaghan...............

I remember it well.

You had to commit GBH to get booked in those days and a minimum of manslaughter to get sent off.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:13 - Apr 4 with 2276 viewsKilkennyjack

So good to have 3 local youngsters break through, will we ever see that again ?

Beware of the Risen People

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 00:09 - Apr 5 with 2221 viewsTNT

My 1st Swans team is very similar to yours bonymine, except from The North Bank.

Potter - Much maligned, but I liked him.

Evans - Right hard JB! Took no prisoners. Saw him play in each of the four Divisions.

Bartley - A rare, but spectacular goal sticks in my mind - an overhead / bicycle kick against Geoff Crudgington in a 5-0 win v Crewe at The Vetch.

Smith - A screamer in a 4-2 win v Hartlepool sticks in the mind.

May - Built like a brick shithouse fair play. Was called similarly after joining the scum years later! Remember him crossing the halfway line and smashing a shot against a post in one Fourth Division game. Had he scored, I probably would've remembered the game!

Bruton - Solid, no nonsense.

Lally - Loved watching him play. Don't know his age in '76, and it may have been because of his beard, but he looked too old to be a professional footballer!

James R. - Another right hard JB! Bossed the midfield. Pitches were often like quagmires in the mid 70's but Robbie was like a pig in shit in there, winning tackles and sticking out his chest and driving us on, had a great shot and would score his share, good header of the ball, equally effective in other positions, great captain / leader who always gave me 100%. My all time favourite Swans player. YJB!

Curtis - Loved watching the stylish Curt weave his way through / around defences. Genius. Scored some great goals. My second all time favourite Swans player (along with Leon).

Moore G. - Didn't really look like a footballer, but I loved him! Remember coming back from 0-4 down to Stockport and getting a 4-4 draw, with Gary Moore scoring a fifth which the ref disallowed (unless I dreamed that bit!).

Harry Griffiths had us playing great football, yes we were doing so even then - The Swansea way.

Love my first team.

Loved The Swans ever since.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 00:10 - Apr 5 with 2218 viewsepaul

Wow some names there, those was happy days, Remember Roger on the pitch, I remember the minute silence for Harry. Tosh scoring against Watford on his debut, happy days

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 00:38 - Apr 5 with 2199 viewsjack_lord

I love Wyndham's 10 yard sliding tackles in the wet :)

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 00:55 - Apr 5 with 2192 viewsepaul

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 00:38 - Apr 5 by jack_lord

I love Wyndham's 10 yard sliding tackles in the wet :)

Awesome Jase

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 01:06 - Apr 5 with 2186 viewsTNT

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 00:10 - Apr 5 by epaul

Wow some names there, those was happy days, Remember Roger on the pitch, I remember the minute silence for Harry. Tosh scoring against Watford on his debut, happy days

Tosh scoring against Watford. What a game that was! 3-3? and I think we had about 15k watching us in The Fourth Division.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 09:54 - Apr 5 with 2089 viewsGretsch

A player I never see mentioned on here, I loved him Alan Waddle. I know there were a few rumours of him being a naughty boy.

Just looked at his strike rate 34 goals in 90 games thats good going, by any standard.

Even second time round he was 1:4
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 10:06 - Apr 5 with 2084 viewsmonmouth

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 09:54 - Apr 5 by Gretsch

A player I never see mentioned on here, I loved him Alan Waddle. I know there were a few rumours of him being a naughty boy.

Just looked at his strike rate 34 goals in 90 games thats good going, by any standard.

Even second time round he was 1:4

I mentioned him yesterday scoring up at Hull. He must be like a bus....

Can hardly remember my first team, I think it was:

Millington, Slee,Gomersall, Williams A, Williams H, Hole, Allchurch L, Thomas, Davies G, Gwyther, Evans.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 11:45 - Apr 5 with 2057 viewsjack_lord

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 01:06 - Apr 5 by TNT

Tosh scoring against Watford. What a game that was! 3-3? and I think we had about 15k watching us in The Fourth Division.

I think that was the loudest I had ever heard people advising me of Elton's sexuality.

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 12:16 - Apr 5 with 2039 views1jack

That must have been around the time I started supporting too. What year?
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 12:20 - Apr 5 with 2035 viewsDrizzle

My first lineup vs Exeter City. Center Stand, moved to double decker for the Lincoln(player managed by Graham Taylor) game soon after.

Potter, Evans, Thomas(G), Smith, Bruton, Harris(P), Conway, Curtis, James, Bray, Bartley. Stephen Williams sub.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 12:25]
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 12:29 - Apr 5 with 2017 viewsDrizzle

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 12:16 - Apr 5 by 1jack

That must have been around the time I started supporting too. What year?

Eddie May signed in summer 1976 with Les Chapel so it would have been at least after Aug 76.
Edit: - I just looked at the team for the league cup game vs Bolton 26th Oct 1976 and its the same team(as listed in the program) apart from Les Chappel replaced Mickey Conway so I would guess it was around that period.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 12:34]
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 14:47 - Apr 5 with 1970 viewsthe_oracle

I remember Potter playing in a game at Underhill park. I don't know who he was playing for or why he was there.

I was a little kid, 'keeper for Mumbles Rangers under 11's at the time. I stood behind the goal. he turned to me and said "watch this". The opposition striker shot and Potter deliberately let it go past him. he then did a diving back flip somersault and saved it! To a little kid it was amazing.
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 21:56 - Nov 28 with 1592 viewsbonymine

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:05 - Apr 4 by bonymine

Reminiscing of days gone by ........Happy Days indeed 👍👍

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 1546 viewsgrabsplatter

My first game was in 1973 in the Double Decker. Pat Lally was the player that I remember most from those early games & the wonderful Jimmy Rimmer.
Odd season with Sunday games because of the energy crisis!
For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:20 - Nov 28 with 1541 viewsmax936

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 23:03 - Apr 4 by owainglyndwr

Was you a teenager or a kid then. I am on my 37th year has a supporter attending matches

What was you doing for your first 20yrs Jarv?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 1534 viewsDarran

Here's my first ever ticket.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:22 - Nov 28 with 1529 viewsmax936

Super Herbie Williams was Playing when I first started watching us, Harry Griff was Manager, great days with the vetch rocking and the North bank creaking
[Post edited 28 Nov 2016 22:23]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:30 - Nov 28 with 1514 viewsbonymine

For The Oldies on Here - my 1st Swans Team from Double Decker on 22:21 - Nov 28 by Darran

Here's my first ever ticket.

Gordon Daniels was Club Secretary for many years ....

I was only 7 when that game was played Darr, another 2/3 years before I started going 👍👍

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024