Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Insurance costs 20:12 - Feb 26 with 858 viewsJack123

I'm paying around 47 quid a month Zafira 11 plate.. been driving about 15 years, never had no points or my own fault accidents, was talking to someone earlier today and their insurance is cheaper than mine, yet they have 12 points on their licence., they live in west wales. I live in the SA1 postcode, I'm fuc*ng annoyed about this..

libera nos a malo

Car Insurance costs on 20:21 - Feb 26 with 848 viewsBournedore

Have you done a moneysupermarket.com comparison? I do it every couple of years as I reckon after that amount of time insurance companies just bump the annual premium and hope nobody switches.
Car Insurance costs on 20:27 - Feb 26 with 838 viewsCooperman

You're paying over the odds there. Get yourself onto one of the price comparison websites and you will save a small fortune and could possibly come away with a free meerkat doll (other websites are available).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Car Insurance costs on 20:33 - Feb 26 with 827 viewsJack123

I'm using the compare sites.. Have done for the last few years.. I know ripped off.. ..HTF can my insurance be more expensive than someone living 15 odd mile away..

libera nos a malo

Car Insurance costs on 20:37 - Feb 26 with 815 viewsCooperman

Car Insurance costs on 20:33 - Feb 26 by Jack123

I'm using the compare sites.. Have done for the last few years.. I know ripped off.. ..HTF can my insurance be more expensive than someone living 15 odd mile away..

I've no idea. If you're getting no joy with the price comparison sites then call the insurer direct and ask them why the quoted premium is so high; they'll tell you if it's postcode driven (to an extent).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Car Insurance costs on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 815 viewsItchySphincter

Crazy money. I pay less than that for me and the missus combined on two cars.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Car Insurance costs on 20:46 - Feb 26 with 795 viewsJack123

Yeah Iv'e been ripped off.. Fed up of it now, my wife's friend has a few points, also she has made claims on her insurance by her own fault accidents, she lives in Fforestfach and it's way cheaper than mine.. yet I could drive there in under 10 mins..

libera nos a malo

Car Insurance costs on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 751 viewsjack2jack

What I've done in the past is go onto the comparison websites,pick the cheapest two,then give them a quick ring in turn and play one off against the other,always end up paying less than quoted on the comparison site.Tell em your a new customer,you don't get anything for being loyal,and always shop around.If you have two cars,go for block insurance.Im going to try this next time, apparently you get good rates if you insure more than one car.Good luck.
Car Insurance costs on 21:29 - Feb 26 with 737 viewsJack123

Car Insurance costs on 21:14 - Feb 26 by jack2jack

What I've done in the past is go onto the comparison websites,pick the cheapest two,then give them a quick ring in turn and play one off against the other,always end up paying less than quoted on the comparison site.Tell em your a new customer,you don't get anything for being loyal,and always shop around.If you have two cars,go for block insurance.Im going to try this next time, apparently you get good rates if you insure more than one car.Good luck.

I will try that next renewal.. :) Only the one car to insure, but worth a go.. thanks..

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Car Insurance costs on 21:33 - Feb 26 with 730 viewsjack2jack

Car Insurance costs on 21:29 - Feb 26 by Jack123

I will try that next renewal.. :) Only the one car to insure, but worth a go.. thanks..

Anythings worth a try these days,even a quid in your pocket is better than a quid in theirs.
Car Insurance costs on 23:00 - Feb 26 with 679 viewsmajorraglan

I have to say £47 a month does seem a lot to me, I live in West Wales and I am getting 2 cars Insured for that. Things like off street parking, post code (Swansea used to have a very high car crime rate), car value etc impact on premiums, it may be worth doing the comparison site stuff but why not give an insurance broker a ring and ask them for some quotes they may be able to shed some light on why it's so expensive.

Typo
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 23:21]
Car Insurance costs on 23:19 - Feb 26 with 668 viewsJack123

Car Insurance costs on 23:00 - Feb 26 by majorraglan

I have to say £47 a month does seem a lot to me, I live in West Wales and I am getting 2 cars Insured for that. Things like off street parking, post code (Swansea used to have a very high car crime rate), car value etc impact on premiums, it may be worth doing the comparison site stuff but why not give an insurance broker a ring and ask them for some quotes they may be able to shed some light on why it's so expensive.

Typo
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 23:21]

Thanks I will, next renewal time I will be on the ball with this, slightly tamping to say the least..

libera nos a malo

Car Insurance costs on 23:48 - Feb 26 with 645 viewsraynor94

£47 a month! I live in sa1 an I'm paying £160 a year, something wrong there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Car Insurance costs on 07:39 - Feb 27 with 613 viewsTheFranchise

Is that one of the Zafira's that catch fire? I know my brother in law sold his because the insurance on those rose.
Car Insurance costs on 08:09 - Feb 27 with 591 viewsmonmouth

Car Insurance costs on 07:39 - Feb 27 by TheFranchise

Is that one of the Zafira's that catch fire? I know my brother in law sold his because the insurance on those rose.

Was that standard or was it an optional extra.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024