Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup 17:45 - Jan 9 with 901 viewsSwansIndependent

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup 9th Jan 2021 17:41
Stevenage provided tough opposition this afternoon for a Swansea City side with seven changes from last weekends win against Watford. That said, the game was always in the balance as the home side competed throughout the game in freezing foggy conditions. 0

CLICK ABOVE JACKS ! GREAT PHOTOS TODAY.

This post has been edited by an administrator
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 17:51 - Jan 9 with 888 viewsKeithHaynes

SUB TO SWANSEA INDEPENDENT ON TWITTER TOO

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 18:30 - Jan 9 with 817 viewsAndyCole

As the late great Hughie Green show promised Opportunity Knocks contestants, today was the perfect opportunity for development players to stake a claim.

Other than Garrick's pace and Evans' decent defensive display, Unfortunately opportunity was lost.

Our well ain't deep. Let's hope Scott comes up Trumps.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 18:35 - Jan 9 with 808 viewsonehunglow

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 18:30 - Jan 9 by AndyCole

As the late great Hughie Green show promised Opportunity Knocks contestants, today was the perfect opportunity for development players to stake a claim.

Other than Garrick's pace and Evans' decent defensive display, Unfortunately opportunity was lost.

Our well ain't deep. Let's hope Scott comes up Trumps.

Great post.Our expectations have been reduced in recent years and we should be fully resentlful of that.
Our cupboard is appallingly bare .Not that long ago ,we had real clout on the bench .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 19:11 - Jan 9 with 756 viewspencoedjack

Our 2nd string team progress in the FA cup & posters still moan .......

I wonder how Derby & Blackburn forums are reacting this evening
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 20:12 - Jan 9 with 708 viewsAndyCole

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 19:11 - Jan 9 by pencoedjack

Our 2nd string team progress in the FA cup & posters still moan .......

I wonder how Derby & Blackburn forums are reacting this evening

No moaning about our win is there. Simply mourning the fact that our development players clearly aren't up to stepping in. A big wake up call for many I'm sure.

Highly prescient given where we are in the transfer window.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 20:21 - Jan 9 with 695 viewsReslovenSwan1

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 18:35 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

Great post.Our expectations have been reduced in recent years and we should be fully resentlful of that.
Our cupboard is appallingly bare .Not that long ago ,we had real clout on the bench .

The cupboard is not appallingly bare. I think the club is now not wasting money on 19-22 year olds and concentrating on the current 16-18 group. Jack Evans for example has been moved on.

Today there were 5 19-20 year olds on the pitch

Cabango, Garrick and Cameron Evans. All performed very solidly Benda is promising but injured. Garrick showed good defensive application and real speed. Ollie Cooper came on for his debut and Cullen showed nothing in this game to suggest he has a future at Swansea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 20:21 - Jan 9 with 690 viewsonehunglow

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 20:12 - Jan 9 by AndyCole

No moaning about our win is there. Simply mourning the fact that our development players clearly aren't up to stepping in. A big wake up call for many I'm sure.

I mourn that any criticism whatsoever of our team is seen to be a personal attack on a player.Some are so utterly cretinous.Get it into your thick skulls most players do not a n are give and are only concerned about MONEY their next contract,which is self evident.

Almost all players are transitory and are long distance memories over which we bitch over many years later.

We were playing Stevenage today.2nd bottom of the whole league system.They outplayed us at times.Reflect on that as to why that was .

We are a decent bunch as a whole and reasonably passionate.As such, some of us see our @rses over some matters. I aint one for second best but that's just me.

It brings me back to my perenial question. Where did the money go?. Rather than wondering how much Jenkins and co made,ask why big money simply flew out of our club leaving us with loans/bargains and might be players.

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 20:23 - Jan 9 with 692 viewsswancity

Not a wake up call in the slightest

We know full well that development lads aren’t yet up to it. That’s the way it is. Some of them won’t make the grade and will leave.

Derby’s young lads lost to Chorley today. To put that into context.

You’re whinging for the sake of it but youre not alone

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 20:28 - Jan 9 with 680 viewsonehunglow

No ,he is not whinging .You are.All the time.And at the very people who support and love the same club a you do.

If you want to accept second best ,fine,but do not expect everyone else to think as you do.

Your loyalty on the net ,your perverse praise for a specific player fools nobody.

You know nothing.

We all do

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 22:59 - Jan 9 with 612 viewsKeithHaynes

Woodman loan
Naughton 5 mil ( Years ago )
Cabango system
Evans system
Manning 250k
Dhanda system/ Free
Garrick system
Byers system
Fulton 100k / system
Routledge Pensioner ( literally plus 35 years )
Gyorkeres loan

subs
Smith free
Bidwell free
Cullen system
Cooper system

Wake up folks. Its getting embarrassing reading the moaning.

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 23:16 - Jan 9 with 595 viewsFireboy2

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 22:59 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

Woodman loan
Cabango system
Evans system
Manning 250k
Dhanda system/ Free
Garrick system
Byers system
Fulton 100k / system
Gyorkeres loan

subs
Smith free
Bidwell free
Cullen system
Cooper system

Well put K.

I thought we played well considering we had some players who have had limited gametime and some young boys who havent had any first team experience at all.

Not only the win but all above was a positive for me today, onwards and upwards.
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 23:23 - Jan 9 with 589 viewsKeithHaynes

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 23:16 - Jan 9 by Fireboy2

Well put K.

I thought we played well considering we had some players who have had limited gametime and some young boys who havent had any first team experience at all.

Not only the win but all above was a positive for me today, onwards and upwards.

Stevenage had a cup final today, they played superbly, although the performance wasn't that good, we won. There have been times mate, and we have probably watched those games when we would have folded completely.

Thankfully Cooper knows his players and limitations.

I remember a cold night in Nuneaton etc

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 23:54 - Jan 9 with 569 viewsNotLoyal

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 23:23 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

Stevenage had a cup final today, they played superbly, although the performance wasn't that good, we won. There have been times mate, and we have probably watched those games when we would have folded completely.

Ha Ha, so do I.
It was -10.

Great photos today, I’m sure they were appreciated by all.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 00:47 - Jan 10 with 560 viewsFireboy2

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 23:23 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

They surely did mate, if it wasnt for our defence and woodman especially we could have lost that one.
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 07:05 - Jan 10 with 524 viewsKeithHaynes

Lovely gesture Wayne.

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 09:09 - Jan 10 with 488 views1462jack

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 07:05 - Jan 10 by KeithHaynes

Lovely gesture Wayne.

He has now scored in 10 consecutive seasons for the swans , fair play that’s got to be a record
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 10:01 - Jan 10 with 456 viewsThornburyswan

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 22:59 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

Woodman loan
Cabango system
Evans system
Manning 250k
Dhanda system/ Free
Garrick system
Byers system
Fulton 100k / system
Gyorkeres loan

subs
Smith free
Bidwell free
Cullen system
Cooper system

Fair point Keith - as I’m almost 60 for most of my years following the Swans we have been in the lower tiers so sitting 2nd in the Championship is success in my eyes & whilst I do want us to keep progressing & hopefully return to the Prem I do not want that at the risk of financial ruin/administration.

Our current squad/manager are, in my eyes, currently over achieving - long May that continue by the way - so maintaining a sensible financial & recruitment approach is more important to me than gambling £££s on the hope that we can go up. Not that with our current ownership there is much scope for gambling £££s.

I have no issue personally with fans expressing frustration or constructive criticism but have little interest for those on here that jump on every mistake (usually Gyokeres, Freddie or Grimes) - primarily because it adds zero value to this board, the players or the club.
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 10:34 - Jan 10 with 442 viewspencoedjack

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 10:01 - Jan 10 by Thornburyswan

Fair point Keith - as I’m almost 60 for most of my years following the Swans we have been in the lower tiers so sitting 2nd in the Championship is success in my eyes & whilst I do want us to keep progressing & hopefully return to the Prem I do not want that at the risk of financial ruin/administration.

Our current squad/manager are, in my eyes, currently over achieving - long May that continue by the way - so maintaining a sensible financial & recruitment approach is more important to me than gambling £££s on the hope that we can go up. Not that with our current ownership there is much scope for gambling £££s.

I have no issue personally with fans expressing frustration or constructive criticism but have little interest for those on here that jump on every mistake (usually Gyokeres, Freddie or Grimes) - primarily because it adds zero value to this board, the players or the club.

Superb post.

Similar time following the Swans & agree wholeheartedly with what you posted.
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 10:42 - Jan 10 with 437 viewsonehunglow

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 10:34 - Jan 10 by pencoedjack

Superb post.

Similar time following the Swans & agree wholeheartedly with what you posted.

Fan have every right to call it a they see it.If players cannot accept this,they should find alternative employment. They have a good life and do what we would all do FREE and be proud to do it.

I have no time for people who accept ,second best and even make excuses for players not good enough for our great club.This is how fans really do see it,not the tedious "positive "drivel posted to impress others . It is dishonest.People should look in the glass before posting .

In my lifetime ,I have seen utterly average journeymen players being described as "great" and it turns my stomach,when we have had players who have truly served this club virtually ignored .

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 429 viewsGlastonbury

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 20:21 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

I mourn that any criticism whatsoever of our team is seen to be a personal attack on a player.Some are so utterly cretinous.Get it into your thick skulls most players do not a n are give and are only concerned about MONEY their next contract,which is self evident.

Almost all players are transitory and are long distance memories over which we bitch over many years later.

We were playing Stevenage today.2nd bottom of the whole league system.They outplayed us at times.Reflect on that as to why that was .

We are a decent bunch as a whole and reasonably passionate.As such, some of us see our @rses over some matters. I aint one for second best but that's just me.

It brings me back to my perenial question. Where did the money go?. Rather than wondering how much Jenkins and co made,ask why big money simply flew out of our club leaving us with loans/bargains and might be players.

Wat game did u watch today ? Outplayed us ? Shut up u clown. Future is starting to look very bright for the club and I for 1 would be very confident in staying in the premier for another 7 years should we get promoted with our current crop and 3/4 additions.
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 11:13 - Jan 10 with 423 viewsonehunglow

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 11:00 - Jan 10 by Glastonbury

Wat game did u watch today ? Outplayed us ? Shut up u clown. Future is starting to look very bright for the club and I for 1 would be very confident in staying in the premier for another 7 years should we get promoted with our current crop and 3/4 additions.

Do me a favour son and come back with something resembling English grammar. That was a painful read on a dark Sunday morning during a pandemic.

What you posted ha been done to death and it impresses nobody ,apart from yourself .

Enjoy the day now.

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 11:41 - Jan 10 with 412 viewsGlastonbury

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 11:13 - Jan 10 by onehunglow

Do me a favour son and come back with something resembling English grammar. That was a painful read on a dark Sunday morning during a pandemic.

What you posted ha been done to death and it impresses nobody ,apart from yourself .

Enjoy the day now.

Do You really think Stevenage outplayed swans in parts ? U couldn’t even see the game due to the fog lol
No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 11:49 - Jan 10 with 400 viewsonehunglow

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 11:41 - Jan 10 by Glastonbury

Do You really think Stevenage outplayed swans in parts ? U couldn’t even see the game due to the fog lol

Not much better.

Do you have a problem with pronouns.

I saw enough in the fog especially when it started to clear.

3/10.

No Easy Passage for The Swans In The FA Cup on 12:48 - Jan 10 with 380 viewsAndyCole

This went down well. But I can see how it has been misunderstood - wrong time and place to be highlighting the fact we need to get the right reinforcements in the right places.

Seemed a timely reminder given the thread title, will pick up elsewhere.......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024