Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you choose? 06:28 - Mar 15 with 2928 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s an easy one for me, but just wanted to get the consensus.

1) Lose 1-0 against Bournemouth and then beat Cardiff 3-0 and do the first ever double.

2) Beat Bournemouth 1-0 and draw against Cardiff 0-0 failing to do the double.

Would anyone choose option 1?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

What do you choose? on 07:29 - Mar 15 with 1723 views34dfgdf54

As much as I'd love to do double, points are more important now.

Massive opportunity for us, four points puts us in driving seat.
What do you choose? on 09:18 - Mar 15 with 1686 viewsKeithHaynes

Can I choose a draw at Bournemouth and thump Cardiff ? 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What do you choose? on 09:38 - Mar 15 with 1666 viewsSwans9

What do you choose? on 09:18 - Mar 15 by KeithHaynes

Can I choose a draw at Bournemouth and thump Cardiff ? 😂

I think draws aren't going to be good enough for second place now. Even though Cardiff say they don't care about match with us to do the double first before them would be a big deal. Our players have got to turn up on Saturday.
What do you choose? on 09:54 - Mar 15 with 1654 viewsCatullus

Option 2 but obviously I hope we thump them both 3 nil!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What do you choose? on 10:11 - Mar 15 with 1640 viewsFireboy2

Some great answers to a great topic.

Its a tough one, yes points are most important but doing the double is something that will live forever in history, it will be a massive stick to beat the unwashed with.

For me it HAS to be the double even if we lose tomorrow.

Oh wait no id rather us get 4 pts

Oh feck, what a dilemma.
What do you choose? on 10:40 - Mar 15 with 1616 viewsKeithHaynes

What do you choose? on 09:38 - Mar 15 by Swans9

I think draws aren't going to be good enough for second place now. Even though Cardiff say they don't care about match with us to do the double first before them would be a big deal. Our players have got to turn up on Saturday.

Draw away, win at home mate, that’s the way.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What do you choose? on 11:33 - Mar 15 with 1580 viewsonehunglow

I will not be happy losing to Bournemouth ;draw acceptable but a regards our capital cousins game,I don't really like them,no offence, but it would put me in the wrong mood to watch the Grand Slam game later. THAT will be something. Perfect example of a coach ramming criticism down fans throats-the way it 's supposed to be.

Innit Steve

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What do you choose? on 11:47 - Mar 15 with 1577 viewsbuilthjack

Bournemouth draw
Beat the sc*m

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

What do you choose? on 11:48 - Mar 15 with 1579 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Surprised there's not that much enthusiasm for option 1- I'd take it every time over option 2.

First ever double, and in such convincing fashion? We'd dine out on that for years. It could never be taken away from us.

There are still plenty of points to be played for, and plenty more twists and turns to come. We are, it is easy forget, equal on points with 2nd with a game in hand. I could understand taking option 2 if we were a few points adrift of the automatics but we're not. Bournemouth isn't a do or die game to keep in touch with the auto slots. Losing to them wouldn't end our season.

I'll take the 3-0, thanks. Even if we lost to Bournemouth first, imagine the world of good following it up with a 3-0 hammering of that lot would do for our confidence?
What do you choose? on 12:14 - Mar 15 with 1557 viewsDr_Parnassus

Lots of people mix and matching here. Mr Rulebook says that is strictly not allowed.

Just the two options presented.

So far, 3 people (myself included) taking the extra point on offer and sacrificing the glory of the double.

1 brave soul going against the grain and choosing to sacrifice a point to stick it to our cousins.

[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 12:17]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

What do you choose? on 12:37 - Mar 15 with 1538 viewsChief

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What do you choose? on 13:00 - Mar 15 with 1523 viewsbuilthjack

What do you choose? on 11:47 - Mar 15 by builthjack

Bournemouth draw
Beat the sc*m

option 2 of the choices from the op

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What do you choose? on 13:20 - Mar 15 with 1502 viewsraynor94

Of the 2 options.

2 for me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What do you choose? on 14:04 - Mar 15 with 1473 viewsReslovenSwan1

People putting 1 are ultimately quite selfish. Getting promotion which the extra 2 points would help, could affect peoples liveihoods with jobs at stake if Swansea fail to go up.

Players will need to be sold etc with backroom staff and the academy trimmed. Chosing to write that off in favour of bragging rights is purile.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What do you choose? on 14:07 - Mar 15 with 1466 viewsonehunglow

What do you choose? on 14:04 - Mar 15 by ReslovenSwan1

People putting 1 are ultimately quite selfish. Getting promotion which the extra 2 points would help, could affect peoples liveihoods with jobs at stake if Swansea fail to go up.

Players will need to be sold etc with backroom staff and the academy trimmed. Chosing to write that off in favour of bragging rights is purile.

Did we not,at one time,read fans saying they preferred not to be in Prem as we were always struggling and the Championship saw us playing more entertaining football.
Also the demand for tickets

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What do you choose? on 14:21 - Mar 15 with 1460 viewsFlashberryjack

Option 2 for me, the best way to hurt the scum fans is win promotion, that would be the hardest pill for them to swallow.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What do you choose? on 14:24 - Mar 15 with 1457 viewsraynor94

What do you choose? on 14:21 - Mar 15 by Flashberryjack

Option 2 for me, the best way to hurt the scum fans is win promotion, that would be the hardest pill for them to swallow.

Would hurt them more than a double

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

What do you choose? on 14:24 - Mar 15 with 1455 viewsReslovenSwan1

What do you choose? on 14:07 - Mar 15 by onehunglow

Did we not,at one time,read fans saying they preferred not to be in Prem as we were always struggling and the Championship saw us playing more entertaining football.
Also the demand for tickets

Premier league football on a rgular basis will see stadium expansion. The 21% shareholder (the fans) were not keen to share the financial load just share in the benefits. Reportedly this was one of the reason the 2017 talks faltered. No doubt it will be disputed.

There is the 'Norwich option'. Play open expansive football developing house young players like Benda, Brandon Cooper, Latibeaudirere, Garrick, Cullen etc and do not fret too much at defeats. Brendan did this better than Farke in reality in 2011. It is effectively a short term yo yo option carried out masterfully by your mate Sean Dyche.

What do you choose? on 14:57 - Mar 15 with 1436 viewsChief

What do you choose? on 14:24 - Mar 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Premier league football on a rgular basis will see stadium expansion. The 21% shareholder (the fans) were not keen to share the financial load just share in the benefits. Reportedly this was one of the reason the 2017 talks faltered. No doubt it will be disputed.

There is the 'Norwich option'. Play open expansive football developing house young players like Benda, Brandon Cooper, Latibeaudirere, Garrick, Cullen etc and do not fret too much at defeats. Brendan did this better than Farke in reality in 2011. It is effectively a short term yo yo option carried out masterfully by your mate Sean Dyche.

Any thoughts on whether the other shareholders such are Jenkins or Morgan were prepared to contribute for stadium expansion then?

Plus if this plan involved the trust selling their shares but then spending all the proceeds, how could possibly benefit from the outcome? They'd have no holding (or less of a holding) left to receive future dividends or sale of the club proceeds.

So this was essentially another random dig with no factual basis wasn't it?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 15:02]

What do you choose? on 15:11 - Mar 15 with 1415 viewspencoedjack

Option 1
What do you choose? on 15:30 - Mar 15 with 1400 viewsLittleEnglandJack

What do you choose? on 14:04 - Mar 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Haha, gave me a good chuckle that.

By favouring a guaranteed 1st ever derby double over 1 extra point (that on the balance of probabilities is pretty unlikely to be the difference between us finishing 2nd or not) I've made half the staff redundant, sold our best players and downgraded our academy.
What do you choose? on 15:43 - Mar 15 with 1385 viewsChief

What do you choose? on 15:30 - Mar 15 by LittleEnglandJack

Haha, gave me a good chuckle that.

By favouring a guaranteed 1st ever derby double over 1 extra point (that on the balance of probabilities is pretty unlikely to be the difference between us finishing 2nd or not) I've made half the staff redundant, sold our best players and downgraded our academy.

Has a flair for drama does our pal from the Cwm Nedd.

Fact is we will lose at least some games between now and the end of season. If one of those losses is used up and it means guaranteeing the historic double, yes please.

What do you choose? on 15:52 - Mar 15 with 1377 viewsReslovenSwan1

What do you choose? on 14:57 - Mar 15 by Chief

Any thoughts on whether the other shareholders such are Jenkins or Morgan were prepared to contribute for stadium expansion then?

Plus if this plan involved the trust selling their shares but then spending all the proceeds, how could possibly benefit from the outcome? They'd have no holding (or less of a holding) left to receive future dividends or sale of the club proceeds.

So this was essentially another random dig with no factual basis wasn't it?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 15:02]

I suspect they were but cannot be sure. They stayed invested to cover any future growth in the club so should have been prepared to contribute.

Ypu should forget about 'dividends' this is football and all about 'growth'. You and the people of the Trust have never understood this concept. When you speak to your financial advisor he/she will ask you do you want growth or income?. Older people generally want income. In order to benefit from growth one has to sell shares at the right time.

You are not thinking like an owner. Owners need to share the investment load and risk to share in the investment benefits. This includes 9,000 extra paying fan each fortnight. About £300k each match. Failure to share the load will result in dilution wih no cash compensation. This is already happening if the CLN is converted into new shares.

What do you choose? on 16:06 - Mar 15 with 1366 viewsChief

What do you choose? on 15:52 - Mar 15 by ReslovenSwan1

I suspect they were but cannot be sure. They stayed invested to cover any future growth in the club so should have been prepared to contribute.

Ypu should forget about 'dividends' this is football and all about 'growth'. You and the people of the Trust have never understood this concept. When you speak to your financial advisor he/she will ask you do you want growth or income?. Older people generally want income. In order to benefit from growth one has to sell shares at the right time.

You are not thinking like an owner. Owners need to share the investment load and risk to share in the investment benefits. This includes 9,000 extra paying fan each fortnight. About £300k each match. Failure to share the load will result in dilution wih no cash compensation. This is already happening if the CLN is converted into new shares.

Ah OK then, so presumably you have the same sentiments regarding them not getting involved in stadium expansion funding too then?

Why forget about dividends!? Rest of that paragraph is pure contradictory bluster. By the trust selling their shares and it being spent on stadium expansion which in hindsight wouldn't have been a great idea, they wouldn't benefit from growth nor income. So i don't really see what you're getting at.

Well its not happening because surprise surprise the Americans didn't go ahead with plans to expand so no one was diluted. And your buzzword CLN (no evidence that any CLN was issued) isn't currently either, it's purely a loan (with relatively high interest).

Anyway keep the thread on track. I know you set a regular alarm to unnecessarily twist a thread towards trust criticisms but this has been done to death previously.

What do you choose? on 16:54 - Mar 15 with 1344 viewsReslovenSwan1

What do you choose? on 16:06 - Mar 15 by Chief

Ah OK then, so presumably you have the same sentiments regarding them not getting involved in stadium expansion funding too then?

Why forget about dividends!? Rest of that paragraph is pure contradictory bluster. By the trust selling their shares and it being spent on stadium expansion which in hindsight wouldn't have been a great idea, they wouldn't benefit from growth nor income. So i don't really see what you're getting at.

Well its not happening because surprise surprise the Americans didn't go ahead with plans to expand so no one was diluted. And your buzzword CLN (no evidence that any CLN was issued) isn't currently either, it's purely a loan (with relatively high interest).

Anyway keep the thread on track. I know you set a regular alarm to unnecessarily twist a thread towards trust criticisms but this has been done to death previously.

The Trust is a bad owner because it has no money. They cannot help out in a time of crisis and their contribution to the club is largely symbolic. If the club goes bust they will largely have been a bit of a waste of time. "Protecting the club" is empty rhetoric.

The stadium expansion would have been a great ideal if Swansea get back to the premier league. This could be reality this August. The CLN exists as confirmed by Trust dignittaries. The Trust will be diluted over the next few years and this is a good thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024