Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flares at matches. Turkiye. 15:54 - Jan 20 with 421 viewsReslovenSwan1

The use of flares has increased recently and seen at Swansea games. Turkiye has had a long history of fan deaths at games and take very tough line with an disorder to protect fans. Anecdotally it sems that tough sentencing has reduced incident of harm to fans.

I protested at this a few month back and was told to be more relaxed about it, as it is just a bit of fun.

This is an extract for BBC Turkish i read today.

[Furkan Ersanlı, who injured Göztepe supporter Mehmet Çakır with a flare during the match between Göztepe and Altay in İzmir on 27 November, was sentenced to 23 years in prison for three crimes. Sentences were demanded for 22 defendants on the charge of "aiding the crime of intentionally attempting to kill".

Prosecutor, Furkan Ersanlı, "attempted to kill" by aiming at the Göztepe tribunes, where there are thousands of people, in a planned and determined manner, "intentionally attempting to kill", "involving dangerous equipment in the sports grounds and using them to disrupt the order of the competition", "deliberately endangering general security". He underlined that he committed his crimes.}
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 15:55]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Flares at matches. Turkiye. on 16:43 - Jan 20 with 381 viewsKeithHaynes

It surprises me why clubs haven’t found a safe method ( the production ) of having flares in the ground so they can sell them. They would make a fortune.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Flares at matches. Turkiye. on 17:46 - Jan 20 with 332 viewspencoedjack

Somewhat different to what we see
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024