Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? 07:00 - Jun 13 with 1685 viewsSwansIndependent

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? 13th Jun 2023 07:00
It’s been an interesting end of season for the neutral, in fact a neutral is where anyone should look or talk to if they want to see and hear how Swansea City are perceived. Add to that the living proof of what has gone before and yes, you can ask the question … ‘Why would anyone come to Swansea City’ ? 1

Liam looks leftfield, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 07:53 - Jun 13 with 1605 viewsjackrmee

Very good article!!!

Come on Chrissy boy!!! You know you want a crack at the whip!!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 08:32 - Jun 13 with 1556 viewsjojaca

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 07:53 - Jun 13 by jackrmee

Very good article!!!

Come on Chrissy boy!!! You know you want a crack at the whip!!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Fans are like a horse with blinkers on over this Chris Davies appointment. Nobody knows the list of candidates that will or have applied for this job. The owners might not want to gamble on a novice this time around because the last three have not resulted in promotion.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 8:32]

Even when you know, you never know?

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 09:08 - Jun 13 with 1483 viewsBadlands

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 08:32 - Jun 13 by jojaca

Fans are like a horse with blinkers on over this Chris Davies appointment. Nobody knows the list of candidates that will or have applied for this job. The owners might not want to gamble on a novice this time around because the last three have not resulted in promotion.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 8:32]

A good point but there again how many experienced managers fail to gain promotion?
Of the three promoted teams only Heckinbottom could be considered experienced.
Watford sacked two experienced managers during the season and didn’t gain promotion.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 09:51 - Jun 13 with 1413 viewsjojaca

All three managers that went up have all managed before their current clubs. Appointing a manager or signing players is hard to get right, their is high percentage that it will end in failure.

I just don't understand why some fans are putting all their eggs into Chris Davies basket when he has no experience.

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 12:41 - Jun 13 with 1219 viewsBoundy

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 09:51 - Jun 13 by jojaca

All three managers that went up have all managed before their current clubs. Appointing a manager or signing players is hard to get right, their is high percentage that it will end in failure.

I just don't understand why some fans are putting all their eggs into Chris Davies basket when he has no experience.

You front experience but just importantly knowledge nd and that he has

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 13:03 - Jun 13 with 1155 viewsjojaca

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 12:41 - Jun 13 by Boundy

You front experience but just importantly knowledge nd and that he has

I would expect any no.2 in the top few divisions to be knowledgeable. It's whether they have the ingredients for the next step.

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 13:19 - Jun 13 with 1128 viewsDr_Winston

Lot of fair points from Jojaca here. Big difference between being a good #2 and being the main man. Paul Clement found that a hard gap to bridge and Carlo Ancelotti didn't keep him around for no reason.

Anyone we appoint will be a bit of a gamble.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 15:12 - Jun 13 with 1009 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jackett did - rich man big shot in the lower leagues in work for a couple of decades.

Martinez did - Manager of Portgual, Past Belgium Everton, Wgan. Multimillionarie

Brendan dd. Unemployed Liecerter Liverpool Celtic. Multi mllionaire.

Laudrup did. Retired. regards the Carbaio cup a highlight of his illustrious career.

Monk did: Took Swansea to 6th. Good spell at Champinship clubs Millionair. No longer needs to work.

Guidoin: Italian coaching legend . Proud to have served Swansea. Good pay off for his pension

Clement : Good first season, A win at Anfield. Good pay off. Learned he is a better no 2 perhaps?.

Carlos C: Failed to keep Swansea u but no harm to his CV at all Overall PL record reasonable. Have bag will travel. Well liked. Short term contract. Left on good terms. Nice guy.

Potter: Did OK at Swnsea abut hamstrung by poor recruitment (his mate) He has hit the GOLD MINE mother load . Super money for a long extremely generous contract. So well paid he may not be able to work again.

Cooper: Premier league manager n great terms. Increasing his reputation and a grafting pragmatic boss loved by the players and fans. Wealth unknown but probably got a substantial bonus on staying up. £1m +?

Martin:Given time and backing at Swansea. A serial average performer in terms of results Alway has potential . A late run got him a major pay rise with a big relegated club. Low millions in the bank from management.

The new man will inherit Martin's prep work (in theory) if he adopts similar game plan/ philosophy.

The only failure was Huw's first appointment . Nick Cusack who did not cut the mustard. All the others can thank Swansea city.

i think I have answered to OP headline.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 15:48 - Jun 13 with 956 viewsQJumpingJack

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 15:12 - Jun 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Jackett did - rich man big shot in the lower leagues in work for a couple of decades.

Martinez did - Manager of Portgual, Past Belgium Everton, Wgan. Multimillionarie

Brendan dd. Unemployed Liecerter Liverpool Celtic. Multi mllionaire.

Laudrup did. Retired. regards the Carbaio cup a highlight of his illustrious career.

Monk did: Took Swansea to 6th. Good spell at Champinship clubs Millionair. No longer needs to work.

Guidoin: Italian coaching legend . Proud to have served Swansea. Good pay off for his pension

Clement : Good first season, A win at Anfield. Good pay off. Learned he is a better no 2 perhaps?.

Carlos C: Failed to keep Swansea u but no harm to his CV at all Overall PL record reasonable. Have bag will travel. Well liked. Short term contract. Left on good terms. Nice guy.

Potter: Did OK at Swnsea abut hamstrung by poor recruitment (his mate) He has hit the GOLD MINE mother load . Super money for a long extremely generous contract. So well paid he may not be able to work again.

Cooper: Premier league manager n great terms. Increasing his reputation and a grafting pragmatic boss loved by the players and fans. Wealth unknown but probably got a substantial bonus on staying up. £1m +?

Martin:Given time and backing at Swansea. A serial average performer in terms of results Alway has potential . A late run got him a major pay rise with a big relegated club. Low millions in the bank from management.

The new man will inherit Martin's prep work (in theory) if he adopts similar game plan/ philosophy.

The only failure was Huw's first appointment . Nick Cusack who did not cut the mustard. All the others can thank Swansea city.

i think I have answered to OP headline.

the first six managers listed - came to Swansea as the owners at the time were fans of the club and ambitious and understood The Swansea Way.
Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 17:22 - Jun 13 with 837 viewsSullutaCreturned

is Russell martin a success? He asked the question and says yes but lets put that in perspective, he has achieved personal success without having any real success at his first two clubs.

if anybody is going to cite the "double double" as success I would say your bar is set far too low.

I'd say Potter is in the same position, he was on the verge of success with Brighton (arguably) but he hasn't won anything either, besides a big payout for failure at Chelsea.
Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 17:29 - Jun 13 with 816 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 17:22 - Jun 13 by SullutaCreturned

is Russell martin a success? He asked the question and says yes but lets put that in perspective, he has achieved personal success without having any real success at his first two clubs.

if anybody is going to cite the "double double" as success I would say your bar is set far too low.

I'd say Potter is in the same position, he was on the verge of success with Brighton (arguably) but he hasn't won anything either, besides a big payout for failure at Chelsea.

He has a successful career. If he does an average job at Southampton in line with bookies odds he will have an extremely successful career being one of select number of UK managers n the Premier league (a healthy proportion of which did time at Swansea). Clement, Potter, Monk, Cooper and Brendan.

Had Martin not had the Swansea experience I doubt he would have got the Southampton job with a real good chanve of promotion to the promised land and bumper 7 figure salaries.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 19:48 - Jun 13 with 704 viewsonehunglow

Great city,great fans,fantastic club .
Every manager in recent timeshas said this
It should be a bun fight to get the job

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 20:53 - Jun 13 with 643 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 19:48 - Jun 13 by onehunglow

If only football worked that way. Swansa is and always has been to many football people, a backwater.

Why have we taken on so many relatively unknown managers?

Why do we struggle to get higher profile players here even when we could afford them?

Players have even said as much, that they didn't fancy coming here though some have also said after speaking to ex players they were talked into it and loved it.
Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 22:50 - Jun 13 with 580 viewsKeithHaynes

Why on earth would anyone come to Swansea City ? on 19:48 - Jun 13 by onehunglow

They are.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024