Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
History - Is this the Colin Appleton moment being repeated? 15:03 - Jul 26 with 1556 viewsReslovenSwan1

There has been some 'heretic' talk of the pitch size being reduced. This suggests a change of style and reducing space, I would expect some club insiders drenched in the cub philosophy to resign on the spot.

Reducing space is a tactic done by poor sides to keep the score down against better teams. Newport County beat Leicester and held Spurs by using their wretched pitch to neutralise more skillfull sides.

When Toshack left he was replaced by Colin Appleton in 1984. He was a direct manager and Ante Rajkovic declined to return from Bosnia after a few coaching sessions. He saw the writing on the wall. Colin was gone in January 1985.

Reducing the size of the pitch?. Who the hell agreed to this? It is HERESY.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 15:22]

Wise sage since Toshack era

History - Is this the Colin Appleton moment being repeated? on 20:40 - Jul 26 with 1371 viewsBadlands

A pair of hoofball supporters at last night's game, who thought we were 100% better than Cooperball and unlucky not to be winning by miles at half time, said many times that shortening the pitch and making it less wide helped us to be more direct and (I kid you not) 'cut our that f*****g passing s**t'.
I thought it was just me whose head they were doing in but when the left at 80 minutes it was accompanied by a round of applause by those sitting close.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

History - Is this the Colin Appleton moment being repeated? on 12:56 - Jul 27 with 1137 viewsglanmORJa_k

Rajkovic returned home because Sharpy and the club couldn’t afford to pay him what he was showed.

The pitch was no different for most of County’s home games and it questions the attitude and make up of pampered PL footballers
History - Is this the Colin Appleton moment being repeated? on 14:50 - Jul 27 with 1063 viewsReslovenSwan1

History - Is this the Colin Appleton moment being repeated? on 12:56 - Jul 27 by glanmORJa_k

Rajkovic returned home because Sharpy and the club couldn’t afford to pay him what he was showed.

The pitch was no different for most of County’s home games and it questions the attitude and make up of pampered PL footballers

Good background information. You are always good value. 40 years ago bye crickey.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024