Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. 19:04 - Feb 2 with 2491 viewsReslovenSwan1

I seem to recall talk of the Swansea.com stadium pitch being narrowed at the start of the season. I do not know if it was true or a myth. It seemed to me this was a major shift in philosophy to become more defensive and need less space. A move to anti football.

Duff boring football saw its low point in the dismal CCFC performance

Three fast wingers have come in and two full backs sent out on loan. Logic suggests this means four at the back and two wingers with Patterson making four fighting for two places. Cullen / Yates will now be an out and out number 9 or will Mykola see some action.?

Narrowing the pitch for a Swansea team sounded like heresy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:07 - Feb 2 with 1912 viewsangryjack

They narrowed it and shortened it
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:16 - Feb 2 with 1878 viewsWhiterockin

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:07 - Feb 2 by angryjack

They narrowed it and shortened it

I'm surprised he couldn't see the difference when in the ground.
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:38 - Feb 2 with 1834 viewsReslovenSwan1

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:16 - Feb 2 by Whiterockin

I'm surprised he couldn't see the difference when in the ground.

it was not something I focused on.

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:42 - Feb 2 with 1821 viewsWhiterockin

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:38 - Feb 2 by ReslovenSwan1

it was not something I focused on.

Fair comment.
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:46 - Feb 2 with 1800 viewsvetchonian

it was yet another myth....there was a whole thread where.the.myth was dispelled....the corner flags could.be.seen on videos of early season.games.in the.same position as previous seasons

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:59 - Feb 2 with 1787 viewsangryjack

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 19:46 - Feb 2 by vetchonian

it was yet another myth....there was a whole thread where.the.myth was dispelled....the corner flags could.be.seen on videos of early season.games.in the.same position as previous seasons

Wrong it was narrowed and shortened
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:20 - Feb 2 with 1760 viewsTreforys_Jack

100% narrowed, you could see where the old lines were initially. About 1m each side, not sure about the length.
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:26 - Feb 2 with 1746 viewsvetchonian

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:20 - Feb 2 by Treforys_Jack

100% narrowed, you could see where the old lines were initially. About 1m each side, not sure about the length.

I'm sorry but that's not the case...but if that us waht people want to believe then ok. I cant talk from the Easg side but it is obvious on the West side the pitch is still the same width.
Again videos of prevuouseasons show the corner flags in same position s

Login to get fewer ads

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:27 - Feb 2 with 1744 viewsswan_si

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:20 - Feb 2 by Treforys_Jack

I think the advertising boards were missing. Wasn't it a preseason game?
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:38 - Feb 2 with 1724 viewsvetchonian

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:27 - Feb 2 by swan_si

I think the advertising boards were missing. Wasn't it a preseason game?

you are correct the advertising boards were not on place so it gave the illusion of a smaller pitch due to increased space between the pitch markings and the stands

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:55 - Feb 2 with 1691 viewsangryjack

It's been narrowed and shortened
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:13 - Feb 2 with 1643 viewsvetchonian

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:55 - Feb 2 by angryjack

It's been narrowed and shortened

Proof? Please provide the evidence

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:30 - Feb 2 with 1617 viewsswan_si

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:13 - Feb 2 by vetchonian

Proof? Please provide the evidence

He only watches on the telebox these days, it's bound to look smaller.😂
Sorry angry, the opportunity was to good to miss.😉
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:38 - Feb 2 with 1604 viewsReslovenSwan1

There is a picture that suggests there has been a pitch shortening.
[Post edited 2 Feb 21:39]

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:48 - Feb 2 with 1582 viewsRichardO

Remember thinking the pitch was both shortened and the width decreased at the start of the season just because of the line marking didn't look to be where the wear lines of the previous seasons referee assistants runs were but a good foot inside of those. No proof just what appeared to be remembered thinking at the time wasn't that what Stoke use to do.
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 23:29 - Feb 2 with 1531 viewsangryjack

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:30 - Feb 2 by swan_si

He only watches on the telebox these days, it's bound to look smaller.😂
Sorry angry, the opportunity was to good to miss.😉

Bern down a few times only on freebies though..got another free ticket tomorrow don't know whether take it up though see how I feel on morning..
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 09:09 - Feb 3 with 1453 viewsvetchonian

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 23:29 - Feb 2 by angryjack

Bern down a few times only on freebies though..got another free ticket tomorrow don't know whether take it up though see how I feel on morning..

so your happy for someone else to line the owners pockets so you can attend

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 09:53 - Feb 3 with 1414 viewsangryjack

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 09:09 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

so your happy for someone else to line the owners pockets so you can attend

That's right if they are stupid enough to pay its up to them,couple times been in the trundle suite,on my mates embarks tickets and few times my other mate got a spare has his son is fed up..so I go along,no way am I lining the yanks pockets..and wont until they gone
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 11:11 - Feb 3 with 1356 viewsswan_si

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 14:22 - Feb 3 with 1278 viewsReslovenSwan1

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 23:29 - Feb 2 by angryjack

I have no objections to fans having a boycott. This is a valid by but futile personal choice. I do object to to fans encouraging others to boycott.

It did not work at Blackburn and simply made the team less competitive and pit local people often youngster out of work and out of pocket.

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 16:04 - Feb 3 with 1218 viewsjackrmee

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 14:22 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

I have no objections to fans having a boycott. This is a valid by but futile personal choice. I do object to to fans encouraging others to boycott.

It did not work at Blackburn and simply made the team less competitive and pit local people often youngster out of work and out of pocket.

What’s the point in a boycott if you do it on your todd? I’m neither for or against them, but if you do intend on boycotting something, it’s absolutely pointless doing so without suggesting others do it too

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:10 - Feb 3 with 1142 viewsBillyChong

A sidetracking post when bigger issues should be discussed. Sidetracking after a pathetic window? Yet more lack of ambition from the yanks?

After another ‘preparing for months’ proclaimed ‘transfer frenzy’ we lose to a team who haven’t won away all season.

The pitch dimensions means sod all under this lot and the squad they continuously strip in terms of quality.
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:23 - Feb 3 with 1124 viewsvetchonian

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:10 - Feb 3 by BillyChong

A sidetracking post when bigger issues should be discussed. Sidetracking after a pathetic window? Yet more lack of ambition from the yanks?

After another ‘preparing for months’ proclaimed ‘transfer frenzy’ we lose to a team who haven’t won away all season.

The pitch dimensions means sod all under this lot and the squad they continuously strip in terms of quality.

you obviously weren't impressed with what we saw of the 3 new signings today

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:12 - Feb 3 with 1089 viewsBillyChong

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 20:23 - Feb 3 by vetchonian

you obviously weren't impressed with what we saw of the 3 new signings today

We surrendered to a team who hadn’t won away all season. Failed to convert numerous chances. Today should have been a chance to gain at least a point in a difficult run of fixtures.
Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:20 - Feb 3 with 1081 viewsvetchonian

Was the pitch actually narrowed or was it a myth?. on 21:12 - Feb 3 by BillyChong

We surrendered to a team who hadn’t won away all season. Failed to convert numerous chances. Today should have been a chance to gain at least a point in a difficult run of fixtures.

many it will happen soon.
Today saw Williams' 4th game in charge,there.postitives today the new sigings look good we have Key,Ginnely and Lowe to return tocthe siee I think we are light in midfield.
We created lots of chances today but.couldbt convert ...more in one game than I can remember over.tje last.2 seasons.
Plymouth took their opportunity from a well worked corner then put 11 men behind the ball...with patience I think it will come.together ..let's.gove Luke the time most were prepared to give his old boss

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024