Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Housing Experts? 13:08 - Nov 1 with 586 viewsjack_lord

My neice wants to rent a house with her partner and two young children. It is a private sector rental (they are currently in a council flat) and asked if they will be affected by the "bedroom tax" in this housing sector. The kids are apparently supposed to share a bedroom even though one is a newborn so it will be seen as an extra room. I wasn't sure if this is the case as it was originally for the public sector housing.
Anyone with any good knowledge on this?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Housing Experts? on 13:25 - Nov 1 with 571 viewsDr_Winston

Are they claiming Housing Allowance?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Housing Experts? on 14:34 - Nov 1 with 519 viewsjack_lord

I believe so as neither currently have a job. They claim for a two bed council flat in the Neath Port Talbot area and have been offered a much nicer three bed private house though they are not sure if they will get rent allowance as it is three bedrooms.

Housing Experts? on 14:38 - Nov 1 with 514 viewsDr_Winston

AFAIK they'll be looking at the two bedroom rate regardless of whether the property is private or council.

Different local authorities have different flexibilities on it so there may be some advantage gained by speaking to them directly, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Housing Experts? on 14:46 - Nov 1 with 504 viewsjack_lord

What is nuts is expecting a child to share a bedroom with a screaming baby.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024