Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony Contract 20:55 - Nov 6 with 817 viewsMrSwan

I hope we have included a 35 - 40 million pound buy out clause in this.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Bony Contract on 21:11 - Nov 6 with 784 viewsFar_Post

Or just remove the clause altogether.

Blog: The C Word

Bony Contract on 22:47 - Nov 6 with 658 viewsreddythered

Well, if I was a player and you wanted to put a 35-40 million pound buy out clause into my contract, my instant reply would be if you value me that highly, you'd better pay me like it.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Bony Contract on 22:55 - Nov 6 with 628 viewsItchySphincter

The whole point of him signing for another year must surely be to remove any clause.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony Contract on 06:54 - Nov 7 with 494 viewsDr_Winston

£30m+ would be fair. Along with being made the highest paid player (or joint with Siggy) at the club.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony Contract on 07:03 - Nov 7 with 488 viewsParlay

Once a clause reaches £30m for a Swans player then it pretty much is pointless in even being there. If we ever were to sell him I think £25m would be our top whack for someone ultimately unproven at Champions League level.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Bony Contract on 07:09 - Nov 7 with 481 viewsdgt73

Bony Contract on 07:03 - Nov 7 by Parlay

Once a clause reaches £30m for a Swans player then it pretty much is pointless in even being there. If we ever were to sell him I think £25m would be our top whack for someone ultimately unproven at Champions League level.

So are you saying that no player in the world is worth more than £25 million if they haven't played champions league football. ????

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Bony Contract on 07:12 - Nov 7 with 478 viewsjack247

I don't see the benefit to Bony in this unless he actually wants to stay. I don't think he/his agent would be interested in a short term payrise if he ultimately wanted to leave and a new contract made it harder for clubs to get him.
Bony Contract on 07:14 - Nov 7 with 475 viewsDr_Winston

Bony Contract on 07:12 - Nov 7 by jack247

I don't see the benefit to Bony in this unless he actually wants to stay. I don't think he/his agent would be interested in a short term payrise if he ultimately wanted to leave and a new contract made it harder for clubs to get him.

Footballers are always interested in payrises. As would be anyone else to be fair.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Bony Contract on 07:15 - Nov 7 with 472 viewsdgt73

Well maybe he wants to stay.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Bony Contract on 07:17 - Nov 7 with 470 viewsjack247

Bony Contract on 07:14 - Nov 7 by Dr_Winston

Footballers are always interested in payrises. As would be anyone else to be fair.

Of course. But not if prevents him going to a CL club, who would have paid £19m but won't pay whatever the new release clause is, in the summer.
Bony Contract on 07:25 - Nov 7 with 457 viewsepaul

Bony Contract on 07:17 - Nov 7 by jack247

Of course. But not if prevents him going to a CL club, who would have paid £19m but won't pay whatever the new release clause is, in the summer.

If a club wants him bad enough they'll pay the asking price

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Bony Contract on 07:40 - Nov 7 with 439 viewsDr_Winston

Bony Contract on 07:25 - Nov 7 by epaul

Exactly.

Bony Contract on 07:56 - Nov 7 with 417 viewsJackfath

Bony Contract on 07:25 - Nov 7 by epaul

Yep.

It also amazes me how people talk about "maybe he wants to stay" when any (ANY) player would leave if the wages they were to get at another club were considerably higher than what they are on here.

Their shelf life is rapidly running out and they need to make as much money as they can so they can support their lavish lifestyles for the rest of their days.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bony Contract on 08:02 - Nov 7 with 400 viewsParlay

Bony Contract on 07:09 - Nov 7 by dgt73

So are you saying that no player in the world is worth more than £25 million if they haven't played champions league football. ????

No, I'm saying no Swansea player is worth £30m+ that hasn't been proven in the Champions League. We are a small club with a history of teams not paying maybe what players are worth (Allen aside). I cant envisage a situation where any club would pay £30m for Bony while contracted to us. If he was at Chelsea for example and banging them in, then you could double it... Yet it would be the same player.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Bony Contract on 09:04 - Nov 7 with 328 viewsItchySphincter

Exactly right. "Lets tie you down for another year and while we're at lets stick in a release clause that makes it even more difficult for you to leave". Never in a million lifetimes. This contract will be to appease Wilf and his agent and give us the token extra year.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024