Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. 09:35 - Jan 31 with 4054 viewsRanger78

Just watched it. Really interesting. Top top man.

Well worth a watch. Wouldn't it be nice if he was involved in some way here
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 09:43 - Jan 31 with 4026 viewsPommyhoop

I'd cry if I watched it mate. Because as you say he is a top man and SHOULD be here.
And for that reason I'm out..
( on watching it I mean)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 09:52 - Jan 31 with 4000 viewsRanger78

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 09:43 - Jan 31 by Pommyhoop

I'd cry if I watched it mate. Because as you say he is a top man and SHOULD be here.
And for that reason I'm out..
( on watching it I mean)

I feel your pain.

He talked about the telepathic playing relationship he had with Stan
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 09:55 - Jan 31 with 3990 viewsDiscodroids

my all time QPR hero

spoke with him several times and have loads of correspondence from his first spell as manager.

even invited me and a few mates to have a drink with him after a home game with ipswich in 93/94? ish

bleeds blue and white hoops.
a legend to me.

he could shag the mrs and id still love him, in fact id be honored.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 9:57]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:02 - Jan 31 with 3965 viewsJAPRANGERS

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 09:55 - Jan 31 by Discodroids

my all time QPR hero

spoke with him several times and have loads of correspondence from his first spell as manager.

even invited me and a few mates to have a drink with him after a home game with ipswich in 93/94? ish

a legend to me.

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:04 - Jan 31 with 3963 viewsRanger78

my all time QPR hero

a legend to me.

Brilliant !

Such a shame that he's been coaching with Pullis for the last 7-8 years and we've never tried to get him back on board in some way.

He told a story about lending a skint Bristol Rovers the money to sign Ian Holloway when he was manager there and also about when he resigned from us as a matter of principal when the chairman went against him.

Imagine our current man in charge doing anything to help the club or even have any principals
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:18 - Jan 31 with 3931 viewsPommyhoop

my all time QPR hero

a legend to me.

I hear you Disco. He is a Rangers God and a really nice bloke.
I was working outside his house when he lived in Egham on the Hill getting the leccy back on.
He came out with tea and biccies. He was Spurs boss at the time. There was a couple of Spuds there that night but he definitely perked up and prefered talking to me when told him I was Rangers.
Going further back I remember during the 75/ 76 season I was waiting for autographs outside the players entrance before a home game . He bowled through and signed my book in his splendid 3 piece wide collared suit with high waist band, and massive flares. In a stunning lime green.
I tried to get my Mum to let me wear that get up for my confirmation a little while later but she was'nt having none of it.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:23 - Jan 31 with 3922 viewsDiscodroids

thanks gents, ive got an amazing fax( shows you how long ago it was!) from him when he left QPR to join spurs as manager.

id just got back from a long lunch on the lash and a mate in work told me he had left, i went into ernest hemmingway mode and wrote a sprawling love sonnet , forged in the fires of 7 pints of lownbrau.

rather than call the police he sent me a 3 page fax( about 3 sentences per page!) back to say how emotional he was after reading my crazed fatal attraction communication, and that he didnt want to leave but had no choice but QPR was "forever in his heart which is broken at this moment in time".

i clung onto it weeping like a british tommy in the trenches of Ypres clinging on to a letter from his childhood sweetheart wrapped round a lithograth of a french whoopsie in fishnets.

he could give me ebola and id kiss him for it.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 11:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:27 - Jan 31 with 3905 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:18 - Jan 31 by Pommyhoop

I hear you Disco. He is a Rangers God and a really nice bloke.
I was working outside his house when he lived in Egham on the Hill getting the leccy back on.
He came out with tea and biccies. He was Spurs boss at the time. There was a couple of Spuds there that night but he definitely perked up and prefered talking to me when told him I was Rangers.
Going further back I remember during the 75/ 76 season I was waiting for autographs outside the players entrance before a home game . He bowled through and signed my book in his splendid 3 piece wide collared suit with high waist band, and massive flares. In a stunning lime green.
I tried to get my Mum to let me wear that get up for my confirmation a little while later but she was'nt having none of it.

Sadly I remember all too clearly the abuse hurled at him from the stands, towards the end of his second time in charge at Rangers.

Huge financial and board difficulties at the time, but the manager was deemed responsible by the mob.
Login to get fewer ads

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:44 - Jan 31 with 3850 viewscaliforniahoop

I find it very strange that we have taken Brolly man, Hoddle, Wally downs and God know who else but have never offered this guy a slot.

This perhaps shows the lack of knowledge of the clubs pass by the owners, regardless of if HR wanted him or not, a roll should have been found, he would have been around a lot longer than HR and would have helped to create some continuity and identity.

I am surprised Les did not recommend this to the board?
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:44 - Jan 31 with 3845 viewsTheBlob

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:27 - Jan 31 by WrightUp5hit___

Sadly I remember all too clearly the abuse hurled at him from the stands, towards the end of his second time in charge at Rangers.

Huge financial and board difficulties at the time, but the manager was deemed responsible by the mob.

That's the danger of becoming manager at your beloved club,you're going to lose all that respect you built up as a player - always a bad move imho.
Interesting that he put Tony Currie in his lineup as well as Stan,would have loved to see that.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:47 - Jan 31 with 3838 viewsqprmeath

Met him in a hotel in Manchester on a Friday evening before we played at oldham bout 20 years ago. Arrived down for breakfast the next morning with match tickets for all our group. Was probably the coldest match ever though
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 3838 viewseghamranger

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:44 - Jan 31 by TheBlob

That's the danger of becoming manager at your beloved club,you're going to lose all that respect you built up as a player - always a bad move imho.
Interesting that he put Tony Currie in his lineup as well as Stan,would have loved to see that.

Just watching it now, true legend and clearly knows what he is talking about!!
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 11:21 - Jan 31 with 3763 viewsstevec

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 10:27 - Jan 31 by WrightUp5hit___

Too right, and a reason why we should think long and hard before tearing into our managers.

Without a doubt my favourite player of all time, too many great games to recall now but I ll never forget a mundane game away to WBA when the great 70's side was in decline and watched the man take on West Brom practically on his own. Superb professional, great man.
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 11:29 - Jan 31 with 3737 viewsnadera78

A bit of revisionism there. Francis made some bad decisions in his second spell, like closing our Academy, signing Koejoe because of a 15 minute video and his infamous training regime failed to take into account individual needs and actually damaged some players. I also remember some abject performances where he slunk off and let Dowie take the flack. IIRC Holloway also made some comments about Francis appointing him manager and then interfering. There was, however, a terrible stink of death around the club at the time which needs to be taken into account.

None of that in any way detracts from what he did for QPR as a player and in his first spell as manager and I'd love to see him back here in some capacity (along with the likes of Bardsley, Neil, and others - a club like QPR should always have club men at its core).

Unfortunately I think his presence here would be seen by some (!) as a threat so it's unlikely any time soon. Also, I think working 2 days a week with Pulis suits him. Shame though.
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 12:18 - Jan 31 with 3652 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gerry just one of several Rangers through and through people scandalously not utilised by the club. That's not just this regime, though - it's been going on for years.
A disgrace that someone who can organise a defence like him has been working with Pulis all over the country for all these years.
Would love to see Eddie Howe come in, with Gerry even as part time coach sorting the defence and being a general advisor.
Met Gerry a few times and he always remembers me by saying, 'oh yeah, you're a Rangers boy, aren't you?' and after knowing that, he bends over backwards to help, just because I support QPR.

Bare bones.

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 12:46 - Jan 31 with 3602 viewspaulparker

my all time QPR hero

a legend to me.

HaHa I think old Gerry had a lucky escape not having a bevy with you and your mates in the mid nineties God knows where he would have ended up

Seriously though he is a Proper QPR man , he should be DOF at this club
You talk about coaching this guy made players out of nothing or took players who had raw potential like the following
Sinton
Holloway
Sinclair
Sir les
Barker
Maddix
Penrice
Peacock
Wilson
Beardsley
Imply
All improved into great players under him and they would admit played the best football of their careers , players like Steiner, Bailey , Devon white ,wardley,Darlington Yates, kiwomya they were terrible but he made them half decent
Gerry Francis is light years a head of That cnt redcrapp

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 14:17 - Jan 31 with 3499 viewsterryb

Just watched this on catch up.

Really enjoyed hearing his comments.

Not a bad team picked for his 1-11 although the right back took me by surprise!

What a player Gerry was. Definitely in our top three & maybe our best ever.
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 16:00 - Jan 31 with 3423 viewsthemodfather

who did he pick??? i'm dying here....
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 17:06 - Jan 31 with 3366 viewsterryb

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 16:00 - Jan 31 by themodfather

who did he pick??? i'm dying here....

Banks, Neal, McClintock, Beatie, Sansom, Ball, Bell, Currie, Brooking,Keegan & Bowles
Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 17:14 - Jan 31 with 3343 viewsAgedR

I'm just going to try and keep threads like this at the top of the forum.

I'm now In complete denial about all current aspects of my football club

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Gerry Francis on Sky Fantasy Football Club. on 21:21 - Jan 31 with 3188 viewsAgedR

Ok, once more. Come on, it's Gerry, we were all younger, life was sweet

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024