Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlong-Debut 17:37 - Feb 21 with 6919 viewsextratimeR

Showed great character today, have seen him play before and he has always looked comfortable on the ball, well done today, he was getting serious shit from Hull players, and the sight of Hull players queuing up demanding he get a red card on his debut will sit long in my memory.

I have always had nothing but contempt for Hull , since Terry Neil was their manager in the 60's and that poisonous game at Loftus Road, (a mature female fan attacked him when he was being interviewed after the game). Well done her.

I was also up their for the "town full of bombers game"

Shithole, no wonder the fish don't go their anymore.
Furlong-Debut on 17:42 - Feb 21 with 5188 viewsHunterhoop

He certainly didn't look out of his depth and he acquitted himself well. If you were new to football you'd have had no idea he was making his debut.

Surprising really because I thought The Charlatan said we had no youth players who were good enough to be involved in the first team.
Furlong-Debut on 17:44 - Feb 21 with 5175 viewsbosh67

Furlong-Debut on 17:42 - Feb 21 by Hunterhoop

He certainly didn't look out of his depth and he acquitted himself well. If you were new to football you'd have had no idea he was making his debut.

Surprising really because I thought The Charlatan said we had no youth players who were good enough to be involved in the first team.

Furlong, Doughty, Ehmer (why the f8ck did Harry farm him out) Sutherland, Manning, Donaldson, the Liverpool kid who I can't remember the name of, etc. All good enough because they have no fear and they want to play for the shirt rather than the money and the glory.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Furlong-Debut on 17:46 - Feb 21 with 5141 viewsBasingstokeR

Not just the Charlatan. Lots were spinning that same story.
Furlong-Debut on 17:48 - Feb 21 with 5114 viewsextratimeR

Doughty and Furlong, so pleased Ramsey prepared to give Academy players a chance.

Weird, this is how the whole thing started when Alec Stock put half the South East Counties side in the first team.
Furlong-Debut on 18:42 - Feb 21 with 4909 viewsfrancisbowles

A very impressive debut. Not sure about the booking as his back was to the camera. He was however living dangerously after that and at one stage I thought he was getting a 2nd yellow but it wasn't his challenge, Phillips (I think).

Also very impressed with Doughty who is strong in aerial duels for a midfield player.

We need to make sure they aren't overused and put under too much pressure.
Furlong-Debut on 19:17 - Feb 21 with 4778 viewsBlackCrowe

Furlong had an excellent game.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Furlong-Debut on 20:47 - Feb 21 with 4571 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I'm chuffed to see Furlong start (there's only two Furlongs!) and Doughty getting another run out. Restores some pride a little I think, to see the youth given a go, and not only that but to perform well too!

I'll bet Paul Furlong is well pleased and though his dad was a Notts Forest man I'll bet Mr Doughty is looking down from above proudly that his boy is now getting a few games at QPR just a shame he isn't around to see it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 20:48]
Furlong-Debut on 10:28 - Feb 22 with 4075 viewsTHEBUSH

Furlong reminded me a bit of our other full back Yun, similar in style and natural on the ball.

Quite impressive for a first outing and with his Dad to give him advice, think we've got one for the future.
Login to get fewer ads

Furlong-Debut on 10:35 - Feb 22 with 4066 viewsNorthernr

I thought he was great all things considered. More evidence that Redknapp didn't know what he was fcking talking about.

And even if he hadn't been great, even if he'd cost us the game, I'm so pleased we seem to be going in this direction now. You could feel a different mood in that away end yesterday, everybody together and behind the team, and I think the Furlong thing was a big part of that.
Furlong-Debut on 10:38 - Feb 22 with 4055 viewsdaveB

He did really well, played with no fear and linked well with Phillips, very encouraging
Furlong-Debut on 10:45 - Feb 22 with 4037 viewsJamie

Furlong-Debut on 10:38 - Feb 22 by daveB

He did really well, played with no fear and linked well with Phillips, very encouraging

Must feel a bit conflicted Dave surely, having spent 2 years insisting if we had anyone close to good enough, they'd have been given a chance, to see two youngsters in two games look,entirely comfortable.
Furlong-Debut on 10:56 - Feb 22 with 4014 viewsfakekerby

It's great finally seeing youth get a chance and perform admirably.

The thing is, they only ever get better by playing and training with the first team. Loans to lower league teams can only get you so far. You need to train and play with players with more experience and (possibly) ability than you in order to get better. And the motivation to work your arse off and improve in train is going to be so much higher if you can see a first team spot in sight.

We simply have to continue with this new policy going forwards.
Furlong-Debut on 10:59 - Feb 22 with 4000 viewsYorkRanger

It was an assured debut and hopefully symbolic of the club's direction.
Furlong-Debut on 11:01 - Feb 22 with 3993 viewsrsonist

The kid looked very decent.

Not loads you can say from the one performance but I do feel pretty certain that Isla is not £8m better.
Furlong-Debut on 11:02 - Feb 22 with 3976 viewsDiscodroids

Furlong-Debut on 17:44 - Feb 21 by bosh67

Furlong, Doughty, Ehmer (why the f8ck did Harry farm him out) Sutherland, Manning, Donaldson, the Liverpool kid who I can't remember the name of, etc. All good enough because they have no fear and they want to play for the shirt rather than the money and the glory.

awesome bosh.

+1

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Furlong-Debut on 11:10 - Feb 22 with 3960 viewsRBlock

Furlong-Debut on 10:28 - Feb 22 by THEBUSH

Furlong reminded me a bit of our other full back Yun, similar in style and natural on the ball.

Quite impressive for a first outing and with his Dad to give him advice, think we've got one for the future.

I think he seemed a bit more enterprising and willing to get forward than Yun. He made a nice run inside just before Phillips crossed it for Austin's goal. Young and eager, willing to go forward, could leave us short at the back but great to see him so hungry. Fantastic debut.
Furlong-Debut on 11:16 - Feb 22 with 3937 viewsSpiritofGregory

Yun played well yesterday always held the line and is a clever sneaky player. Yun will be snapped up if we go down.
Furlong-Debut on 11:44 - Feb 22 with 3893 views08olesen

It really does give me a little bit of confidence that if we go down things are now being done right. I think its important to keep some older lads in the team to help the young guys through, but that is exactly what Chris is doing, so it looks good going forward.

We just need to sort out those last minute goals and we would of had 5 extra points this season.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Furlong-Debut on 11:47 - Feb 22 with 3880 viewseghamranger

I'm assuming if Isla is fit he will play Bartons role and Furlong will keep the right back spot
Furlong-Debut on 11:54 - Feb 22 with 3864 viewsfrancisbowles

I would think another 10 days would mean Sandro, who played 90 mins for the EDS on Thursday, would be ready to start and Isla if fit would revert to rb. Furlong had an excellent debut but is only 19 and must be developed gradually. If Sandro isn't fit then I would expect Doughty to start. He is a couple of years older, better developed with experience gained from loans.
Furlong-Debut on 12:55 - Feb 22 with 3774 viewsToast_R

Played well, great to see the young lad get his chance. This is what the QPR we all love is all about. Maybe Isla should be worried.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 12:57]
Furlong-Debut on 14:36 - Feb 22 with 3707 viewsterryb

Not forgetting that HR has never seen Ramsey coach!

That may be the one true thing he has said since TF made the mistake of appointing him! And what an indictment that is on him.

Chris Ramsey has installed pride into our players & supporters in the past three weeks. That, in itself, is one hell of an achievement.

The stream I watched on wasn't very good but I felt that Furlong, Yun & Doughty were the pick of our players.

I am now far more optimistic about our future whichever division we are in next season.
Furlong-Debut on 15:53 - Feb 22 with 3625 viewsenfieldargh

He was in my daughter's class at school. thats all

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Furlong-Debut on 16:01 - Feb 22 with 3605 viewsPinnerPaul

Furlong-Debut on 10:35 - Feb 22 by Northernr

I thought he was great all things considered. More evidence that Redknapp didn't know what he was fcking talking about.

And even if he hadn't been great, even if he'd cost us the game, I'm so pleased we seem to be going in this direction now. You could feel a different mood in that away end yesterday, everybody together and behind the team, and I think the Furlong thing was a big part of that.

Thanks Clive, interested to hear how away end reacted to defeat.
Furlong-Debut on 16:15 - Feb 22 with 3582 viewsantoknee64

He did well had a great game and always looked like pressing forward,i like he confidence.
A certain rightback just had a great game for Leicester .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024