Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) 20:08 - Jul 23 with 10357 viewsRanger78

"My Sporting Life" programme. On until 10
[Post edited 23 Jul 2015 20:34]
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 20:11 - Jul 23 with 7063 viewslondonscottish

Listening

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 20:13 - Jul 23 with 7032 viewsLblock

With or without the Benny Beannie hat?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 20:35 - Jul 23 with 6915 viewsbarbicanranger

What was the chat?
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 23 with 6873 viewsBucksRanger

Talking about Spurs players, then his time in the States. It's still going on (when they aren't popping over the West Ham game).

http://talksport.com/radioplayer/live/
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 20:58 - Jul 23 with 6776 viewsGetMeRangers

need defenders... whole backline to prevent square pegs in round holes. Mix of loan and purchase but not a fan of loans
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:03 - Jul 23 with 6729 viewsRanger78

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 23 by BucksRanger

Talking about Spurs players, then his time in the States. It's still going on (when they aren't popping over the West Ham game).

http://talksport.com/radioplayer/live/

Been all QPR for a while now.

Rates Austin very very highly and has said that Austin himself has told them that money aside, he's looking for a certain club himself and would be happy to stay until that deal came along. I took that to mean - not interested in a club who is likely to fight relegation and prepared to stay in the hope he'll get a top 10 club in the January window.

Having said that, he expects him to go and we want £15m+

We need defenders .. 1 of each position across the back line. Although, he is not a fan of loans, expects there to be a mixture of loans and signings.

Mcarthy was always the long term future but he believes in picking form players and no one expected Green to do so well. We'll need a new keeper as Kumley not ready yet. High hopes for Lumley long term.
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:07 - Jul 23 with 6701 viewsGetMeRangers

Not happy with the pre season. Looked rusty last night and had hoped we would have been at that stage last week
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:13 - Jul 23 with 6645 viewsRanger78

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:07 - Jul 23 by GetMeRangers

Not happy with the pre season. Looked rusty last night and had hoped we would have been at that stage last week

Reconfirmed about players last year who he refused to pick because of attitude and fitness. At the end, he only picked people who wanted to work.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:23 - Jul 23 with 6557 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:13 - Jul 23 by Ranger78

Reconfirmed about players last year who he refused to pick because of attitude and fitness. At the end, he only picked people who wanted to work.

You could argue that he isnt able to manage big name players. Saying that, if it means that we bring in hungry players (which we all want I think) who see us as a step up then that might not be as bad as it sounds
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:33 - Jul 23 with 6472 viewsRanger78

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:23 - Jul 23 by GetMeRangers

You could argue that he isnt able to manage big name players. Saying that, if it means that we bring in hungry players (which we all want I think) who see us as a step up then that might not be as bad as it sounds

Possibly. It really sounds as if the set up now is really a partnership. Les is very much the boss and Ramsey very much the coach.

If that's the case, I think Les has enough about him to handle big egos and between them both, they were very serious about there being genuine bad eggs there last year.

Ramsey comes across as a really genuine good guy with a huge amount of coaching ability. It's going to be very interesting to see whether it's enough and if the management set up will work.
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:34 - Jul 23 with 6463 viewsBklynRanger

Just to help out here:

"Gave Luongo the hairdryer" at half time last night, happy with him second half.

Very happy with how Doughty is turning out - said "he could save us a few quid".

Didn't commit to any particular formation - said it depends on the players and formations are sometimes over-rated. more about players doing the job you ask them to. (uh?)
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:41 - Jul 23 with 6393 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:34 - Jul 23 by BklynRanger

Just to help out here:

"Gave Luongo the hairdryer" at half time last night, happy with him second half.

Very happy with how Doughty is turning out - said "he could save us a few quid".

Didn't commit to any particular formation - said it depends on the players and formations are sometimes over-rated. more about players doing the job you ask them to. (uh?)

That was a question I asked on twitter... very odd reply!
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:44 - Jul 23 with 6374 viewsenfieldargh

Also mentioned we are keeping tabs on a couple of players, Italian I think who are in the Maltese cup winning team who will hopefully turn wet spam over

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:49 - Jul 23 with 6329 views08olesen

What i cant understand is why he is constantly talking about consolidation. With a team that includes Fer, Caulker, Sandro, Philips, Austin and Green etc. how can he realistically say that. When you look at the other squads in the championship and the level of some of the defending that we saw last time we were in it.... we should be challenging for the play offs at least IMO.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:56 - Jul 23 with 6275 viewsRanger78

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:49 - Jul 23 by 08olesen

What i cant understand is why he is constantly talking about consolidation. With a team that includes Fer, Caulker, Sandro, Philips, Austin and Green etc. how can he realistically say that. When you look at the other squads in the championship and the level of some of the defending that we saw last time we were in it.... we should be challenging for the play offs at least IMO.

I think that means he's still expecting a lot of them to be gone. Obviously if they are still here, we'd have to think play offs are more than realistic.

To be fair, he said we now shop in a different market for players and fans have to be realistic from that point of view. That's were consolidation comes from as much as anything else. Essentially, his point is that it takes time to build things

He also said that everyone involved in the club would still be doing their very best to work towards promotion. That has to be everyone's aim or what's the point
[Post edited 23 Jul 2015 22:06]
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:03 - Jul 23 with 6217 viewsbosh67

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 21:49 - Jul 23 by 08olesen

Last season proved you can have decent players but if they don't want to play and the playing style doesn't work, you're f*cked. Consolidation is as much about finding a playing style that is attacking and making sure the players actually do what they are told to make that work. It doesn't happen overnight unless you are lucky.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:10 - Jul 23 with 6137 viewsWeaverQPR

Talking about consolidation is the opposite to what Chery has been told then.

@WeavQPR

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:18 - Jul 23 with 6074 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:10 - Jul 23 by WeaverQPR

Talking about consolidation is the opposite to what Chery has been told then.

Can anyone remember what NW said before the start of the promotion season. I know when he arrived it was about making sure we were safe.

Even if they are hoping to put a promotion pushing side, I am sure Les, Cr etc would be avoiding too much public chat about doing so. Keeps pressure of a newly assembled squad and CR and Les themselves

If those top players dont move on, it would be odd if we werent pushing for top 6 let alone being expected to

"What would you need to gewt Charlie to leave the club" he seemed rather cagey over that. I felt that he was suggesting that it didnt need to be as high as 15 million, and given other things he has said, it may have a lot to do with the type of club Charlie wants to move to
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:23 - Jul 23 with 6042 viewsganjR

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:18 - Jul 23 by GetMeRangers

Can anyone remember what NW said before the start of the promotion season. I know when he arrived it was about making sure we were safe.

Even if they are hoping to put a promotion pushing side, I am sure Les, Cr etc would be avoiding too much public chat about doing so. Keeps pressure of a newly assembled squad and CR and Les themselves

If those top players dont move on, it would be odd if we werent pushing for top 6 let alone being expected to

"What would you need to gewt Charlie to leave the club" he seemed rather cagey over that. I felt that he was suggesting that it didnt need to be as high as 15 million, and given other things he has said, it may have a lot to do with the type of club Charlie wants to move to

The Palace chairman alluded to that too, saying that Charlie may have his sights elsewhere.
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:26 - Jul 23 with 6024 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:23 - Jul 23 by ganjR

The Palace chairman alluded to that too, saying that Charlie may have his sights elsewhere.

He was also asked whetehr Charlie could play for a top four. CR said yes...
Maybe Charlie feels that is the move he should be making???
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:27 - Jul 23 with 6014 viewsWeaverQPR

Austin thrives when alongside a hold up man, he's never as effective on his own. How many teams play with a Zamora type these days?

@WeavQPR

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:43 - Jul 23 with 5919 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:27 - Jul 23 by WeaverQPR

Austin thrives when alongside a hold up man, he's never as effective on his own. How many teams play with a Zamora type these days?

I know it is said Poulter is supposed to be a bit like BZ but not sure CR as planning to set up us like that this season?
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 23:44 - Jul 23 with 5676 viewsdaveB

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:18 - Jul 23 by GetMeRangers

Warnock said similar to what Ramsey is saying now, said we'd give promotion a go but might take a couple of seasons. That pre season we looked a million miles away from a title winning side, saw us against Plymouth a week before the season and we looked awful. Following week we signed Adel and Tommy Smith came in a few weeks later and the team was transformed
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 23:52 - Jul 23 with 5640 viewsbarbicanranger

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 23:44 - Jul 23 by daveB

Warnock said similar to what Ramsey is saying now, said we'd give promotion a go but might take a couple of seasons. That pre season we looked a million miles away from a title winning side, saw us against Plymouth a week before the season and we looked awful. Following week we signed Adel and Tommy Smith came in a few weeks later and the team was transformed

The only sign of things to come in that game was Mackie scoring a dogged goal. If I remember correctly.
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 00:08 - Jul 24 with 5585 viewsFredManRave

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 23:44 - Jul 23 by daveB

Just to follow on from that point/time it's interesting to hear Warnock (as always) after our opening day win against Barnsley;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/8882155.stm

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024